Astra - Home - Thursday 25th August - Europa League 2nd Leg

Comments

• edited August 2016
    Why feel sorry for G&S?

They've had all summer to sign a first choice striker, after telling us all that was the main priority.

They've signed:

A back up LB
    A back up CM
    A back up CM
    A back up winger x2
    A winger
    A back up striker
    A kid striker x2
    A kid winger

6 days to go to.
  • Utterly pathetic. One step forward and then a chasm backwards.
    This result should never have happened .

I expect a dire season with very little entertainment.

How this has happened is beyond me but it always does .

Absolutely shocking but at least I did not get a season ticket as my daughter is still at uni.

I find it hard to understand how we have become such a very poor team.
  • edited August 2016
    If last season is anything to go by I'm predicting a 2-0 away win a the etihad
  • We need to give absolutely everything for the FA Cup. Won't get anywhere near top 6 this season IMO, so Europe will depend on winning that lottery of a competition.

I am so frustrated that we're three weeks into the season and still haven't signed a striker of any note. Frustrated too that once again we're utterly hamstrung by injuries (it can't just be bad luck, surely).

I love Bilic but why he rested Noble (I haven't heard that he's injured) tonight I'll never know. He's made a few decisions that have left me a bit ;hmm and he has to take a share of the responsibility for this shambles of a result.
  • edited August 2016
    noble not playing was not the reason we lost
  • The way we're playing we wouldn't have beaten Astra Zenecca tea ladies tonight let alone Astra Giurgiu
  • But i thought the new stadium would attract top players? ;hmm
  • At least Valencia got his boots on, and AC has an injury. Where what and why is Sakho? I have no problem with injuries, or players having a bad game, what I cannot deal with is chaps earning big bucks and behaving like a tart.
  • Tonight showed exactly why top players won't come near us.

£ and success = top players.

Unfortunately £ usually = success.

If you don't have the first, the second two are pipe dreams.

Nice stadium though...
  • 2 games into the season and you'd think we are going to get relegated

Nice stadium though...
    Top quality popcorn ;ok

Nice stadium though...
    Top quality popcorn ;ok
  • Well that was poor!!!
    Why did we play in 1st gear first half???
    Unfortunately we could not change gear after that.
    Slaven's tactics were wrong today.
    Valencia is pants. Tore not much better.
    On a positive note Fletcher & Burke are our future.
    Hopefully we perform better on sunday
    coyi
  • Valencia should not be in the side .

Why is he being picked !!

Utter rubbish
  • Yea Slav got it wrong

At least Slav saw that Antonio wasn't a RB when he had a shocker and hopefully he'll look at this game and see Fletcher can be trusted whereas Valencia can't

Team lacked balance with 2 inverted wingers and an already overcrowded midfield

Needed a proper left footed left back who could've overlapped Antonio but it was all too narrow

So much quality to come back so I'm not worried but im so disappointed but got to try and move on
  • Im dissapointed but odds of us gettin to the final were very slim. Would rather do well in the league and domestic cups. coyi
  • Yea Slav got it wrong

At least Slav saw that Antonio wasn't a RB when he had a shocker and hopefully he'll look at this game and see Fletcher can be trusted whereas Valencia can't

Team lacked balance with 2 inverted wingers and an already overcrowded midfield

Needed a proper left footed left back who could've overlapped Antonio but it was all too narrow

So much quality to come back so I'm not worried but im so disappointed but got to try and move on
  • edited August 2016

2 games into the season and you'd think we are going to get relegated

Well tbf we do need another 12 wins still
  • Come on then defend that SB got it wrong board have bought rubbish this summer utter rubbish

Yeah I'll go against that.....

I'll judge after at least 4-6 weeks, probably longer.

Why would Payet seriously want to be here?

Because hopefully he can look at the bigger picture, chances are we'd of knackered him playing 3 times a weeks anyway.
  • 2 games into the season and you'd think we are going to get relegated

;doh

Well tbf we do need another 12 wins still
    Should we bother....... can we not just retire now so we have a whole year to recruit the right types of players for our next season in the championship

• Fletcher and Calleri should have scored. Calleri looks as though he is continuing his Olympic form of finding nice positions but couldn't hit a barn door.

Byram and Burke both too casual then again so was the rest of the team. Tore and Antonio tried to take on a man and failed every time.

Until about 10 minutes to ago people were strolling all over the field. No running, no creating space. Fletcher only one who looked like he had any sort of forward vision.

All in all players bottled it and not really surprised. West Ham are just England in disguise XD can't do it when it matters most.
  • Fail to prepare. Prepare to fail.

The board talked the talk (as usual) about signing a top striker and yet we're still relying on players like Valencia.

Don't disagree, but while their continued mouthing off is annoying, they set the wrong expectations with fans. Sakho and Carroll they can't be held responsible for and for some reason 2-3 top players didn't fancy us.
  • edited August 2016
    Double !
  • If the owners have aspirations of European football year in year they should be telling the Manager to put out the strongest team possible and investing in a full strength squad to enable the manager to put out his strongest squad in all competitions - not a barely adequate one.

I thought he had put out his strongest line up/squad...............

Carroll, Ayew, Cresswell - long term injuries

Feghouli, Payet, Lanzini, Noble - All knocks or not yet fit.

Artur - not available until group stages

Perhaps I'm missing something

;puzzled

If that is our strongest squad we are in for a big loss in our next game.

TBH I have now lost patience with Carroll, taking up a berth and money that could be better used, Valencia? why have we still got him - another one, some one will have to bite the bullet sooner rather than later and take the loss, letting both go on free's.
    Well who else is there? Or have I missed some players out?

We've still got Valencia because even though we keep playing him in the hope he'll do something, his value is actually dropping.

Perhaps we should take a look at the selfish and terrible attitude of Sakho, who possibly has caused a lot of this, unfit, won't travel, made up injuries, toys of the pram and then doesn't make the medical, 15-16, down the pan.
  • We didn't start playing in this tie until the 135th minute.
  • edited August 2016
    Wow Twitter in meltdown people hating the stadium blaming the stadium for the loss fights breaking out all over the ground other, now the laughing stock of England. it's not looking to rosey atm wouldn't be surprised if zaza backed out now, but wouldn't it just be typical West Ham and go and beat man city on Sunday.
  • Why feel sorry for G&S?

They've had all summer to sign a first choice striker, after telling us all that was the main priority.

They've signed:

A back up LB
    A back up CM
    A back up CM
    A back up winger x2
    A winger
    A back up striker
    A kid striker x2
    A kid winger

6 days to go to.

the LB wasn't their fault, who saw Cresswell's injury coming?

While tonight is disappointing, very disappointing, then they've backed the Manager, what else can they do, they're his signings because he has final say.
  • Wow Twitter in meltdown people hating the stadium blaming the stadium for the loss fights breaking out all over the ground other, now the laughing stock of England. it's not looking to rosey atm wouldn't be surprised if zaza backed out now, but wouldn't it just be typical West Ham and go and beat man city on Sunday.

Storm in a ;tea

;biggrin
  • Wow Twitter in meltdown people hating the stadium blaming the stadium for the loss fights breaking out all over the ground other, now the laughing stock of England. it's not looking to rosey atm wouldn't be surprised if zaza backed out now, but wouldn't it just be typical West Ham and go and beat man city on Sunday.

I have my doubts about Zaza coming now. The club were '75%' confident earlier, and we're expecting an answer within 48 hours.

I'd be amazed if he agreed to join, TBH
This discussion has been closed.