Astra - Home - Thursday 25th August - Europa League 2nd Leg

Comments

• ;hmm not really sure what to say after that so best not to say anything
  • edited August 2016
    Better performance in the second half, line up was pretty much as expected.

We've gone back into this old habbit of 2 years ago, not taking our chances, not being clinical and basically paying the price for it.

Would loved to of carried on in this competition but quite frankly they've mugged us off again, only this time we did want to be in it.

The Dave's will not be happy going out, that's for sure
  • 0-1 at home to that?
    Come on Slaven, that's really not good enough. I'm very very unhappy about that. First half effort was. Dreadful. Deserved what we got.
  • We'll get mid table for deffo and maybe a cup run

But our second string just doesn't cut the mustard

Bilic needs to look at himself he courted Tore for so long and he looks pony, really shocking from him

Don't care what Zaza will cost get him we need a striker who'll score, Calleri missed big chance sand Fletcher, who was our best player, is only a kid
  • This is an embarrassment

Blessing in disguise maybe as this squad is not good enough for a European campaign

Sad times when the only player doing anything is a 20 year old who's only had 1 season in league 1

Slav seems to have mis led us ,, into thinking we could win :(
  • Shocking.

Gutted.

Embarrassed.
  • Not good enough, Valencia rubbish, Antonio is great at times but does too much when a cross or pass would be better. Only positive is how good Fletcher is and no injuries to anyone. Need to concentrate on the league. Depressed but have to move on.
  • what Twist said ;weep
  • G&S have to accept a lot of responsibility for not getting a forward in before now; we all knew it was only a matter of time before Carroll got injured, and with Sakho AWOL (in mind if not in body) we were left with a useless Valencia, an untested Argentinian and a lad who's only really played in League 1.

True, we played poorly, but all summer long they knew we needed a striker, and it's now the last week of August and we've still not gt one.
  • True Dave's may have tried hard but have ultimately not delivered a decent striker

And Slav has ultimately failed to deliver on what was not the toughest of briefs

• Tbh it just looked like a team under Sam 3 years ago.

In fact we've looked like that in all four of our games.
  • Ridiculous to have gone out to this lot

What again
  • Come on then defend that SB got it wrong board have bought rubbish this summer utter rubbish

Yeah I'll go against that.....

I'll judge after at least 4-6 weeks, probably longer.

• May as well bring back Sam.

Steady on..
  • Fletcher IMO was the only player to come out with any credit.
    The biggest disappointing player tonight easily Tore...
    Was not meant to be..
    Missed a couple that should have won it, but overall poor
  • Baracks FYI

te putem juca în fiecare săptămână ;biggrin
  • Of course, wise after the event but why did we only play one striker in the first half? WHU were set-up to defend rather than attack and showed little aggression. Tore disappointed again and why bring on Valencia? One of the younger hungrier kids might have been helpful. Gosh, I am gutted.
  • edited August 2016
    We have paid for not having a decent striker.

Can roll out the excuses as to why that is blah blah blah.

Calleri missed two, Fletcher one. Valencia offered nothing.

A decent striker would've buried at least one.
  • It's not often that I really have a moan these days but this has really annoyed me.I'll give Antonio credit for his effort & I thought Fletcher was great apart from the miss but the rest were awful.
    It might be the reality check we need because I've heard a lot of talk pre-season about how we are going to push on & become a 'big' club etc etc & this result proves we are a long way short. The real big clubs can cover an injury crisis & we obviously can't.Roll on the EFL v Accrington,let's have a crack at winning that.
  • Quantity over quality. That's our major problem. This transfer window was all about Europe. We have enough players in the squad for about three teams. Try keeping 30 players all expecting game time happy. I'm am so angry. Instead of buying one or two half decent players we've spent north of £45m on squad fillers. We'd have qualified with better players. Honestly I think we'll struggle now. The morale could be awful his year.

And where the hell is Sakho. He should be far in front of Tore or Valencia. He could have made all the difference. Even if he didn't go to the US, who was keeping him fit.

Quantity over quality. Gets you nowhere. I appreciate all the effort that is put in by the club but they got this wrong in so many ways.

2 years we expected European football and twice we've been beaten by rubbish. What's the pint in a high league finish if we don't take Europe seriously? Where was Payet? Where was Noble?

Just gutted.
  • Why would Payet seriously want to be here?
  • NEoldiron said:

Baracks FYI

te putem juca în fiecare săptămână ;biggrin

;lol

That's the only thing to ;lol about right now
  • I'm not embarrassed. But there are a few players out there who should be. I'm really angry and very frustrated. Injuries have been a major factor, but we really should have spanked them with our 2nd 11.
  • Fail to prepare. Prepare to fail.

The board talked the talk (as usual) about signing a top striker and yet we're still relying on players like Valencia.

The board talked the talk (as usual) about signing a top striker and yet we're still relying on players like Valencia.

Yeah that's it,,,, all talk ;weep
  • edited August 2016
    Randolph - fine.
    Burke - fine, not a LB.
    Byram - terrible hesitation on delivery.
    Reid - fine.
    Ogbonna - fine.
    Nordtveit - wanders around playing five yard passes, then throws in a 1/4 back launch.
    Obiang - runs around playing five yard passes, then throws in a foul.
    Tore - seriously Slav?
    Kouyate - fine.
    Antonio - saw exactly why Slav doesn't fancy him as a winger.
    Calleri - bright but can't score.

Fletcher - promising.
    Valencia - jeez.
    Ginge - n/a

100% spot on.

Spot on ;ok

But not to worry, eh, still a week left of the window
  • I'm embarrassed

I do however feel a little bad for D&S because of the abuse they've got but facts are facts we haven't bought a striker which we needed

It's not all doom and gloom like some posters are making it out to be, would b shocked if we don't get at the very least 11th

Moan all you want about our transfers but we managed to keep Payet which was huge (well we'll see now) and we have so much talent missing

No Payet, Lanzini, Ayew, Cresswell, Carroll, Sakho, Feghouli and today Masuaka that is talent we can't afford to lose given the size of our club

Gonna try forget tonight and keep positive
  • If the owners have aspirations of European football year in year they should be telling the Manager to put out the strongest team possible and investing in a full strength squad to enable the manager to put out his strongest squad in all competitions - not a barely adequate one.

I thought he had put out his strongest line up/squad...............

Carroll, Ayew, Cresswell - long term injuries

Feghouli, Payet, Lanzini, Noble - All knocks or not yet fit.

Artur - not available until group stages

Perhaps I'm missing something

;puzzled

If that is our strongest squad we are in for a big loss in our next game.

TBH I have now lost patience with Carroll, taking up a berth and money that could be better used, Valencia? why have we still got him - another one, some one will have to bite the bullet sooner rather than later and take the loss, letting both go on free's.
This discussion has been closed.