The Mark Noble Thread

Comments

• Twist

Fixed it for ya! ;ok

#NobleFanClubMeEskiAndLukeand pretty much everyone else...
  • So I see in the FF team he picks that Scholes gets in but not Lamps or Gerrard, that ends the long standing debate....

Tugay was an interesting choice,
  • He actually said that he thought Lampard is the best goal scoring midfielder England has ever produced. (I think he said that, anyway.)

• Vorselaar

He had an interesting criteria, imo.

Rather than simply the best he ever played against, he said he wanted to choose players who had 'schooled' him when he was playing against them.

He was quite honest and funny about Tugay, looking at him as an arrogant youngster, seeing a few grey hairs and thinking 'I'll have him', then not able to get anywhere near him in the game. He felt he learned a lot from that.
  • ;ok Nobes 11 - 'those who taught me a lesson'
  • Is the whole programme available anywhere on t'internet?
  • The thing that winds me up is the fact that you know if he signed for Liverpool tomorrow, he'd be in the next England squad.
  • edited February 2016
    The shirt not the man gets selected....

I thought Roy would be different, I was wrong.

It makes it so hard to support England.

I'm going to support Ginge in the Euros.
  • And Dazzer ;scarvire
  • The thing that winds me up is the fact that you know if he signed for Liverpool tomorrow, he'd be in the next England squad.

Probably be on their injury list ;biggrin
  • He does do some great work for us.

• MrsGrey said:

And Dazzer ;scarvire

Ooo yes!
  • I have to admit that I have changed my opinion on Nobes, probably since Christmas.
    He is playing a totally new brand of football from what I considered he played previously. Gone are the pointless short passes to the full backs, which drove me bonkers, and he is moving the ball on much quicker. That may be down to the better players or the system starting to fully bed in. Either way I am now a Noble fan.
    There, I've said it.
  • Herb ;thumbsup Glad you've joined the club!

Can understand some of the frustration with him previously, but like you say, maybe the system or other players weren't helping. For better or worse, he's been the hub of our team for a while and now he has some real quality players to move the ball on to whereas before the movement wasn't always there.

I like his recent forays onto the wing too!
  • Forays, you say? ;hmm

Maybe Liverpool will sign him after all.

Ey? Ey, ey ,ey?

It's all right, I know where the door is.

;yercoat
  • Calm down Mrs G, calm down
  • Was at the game yesterday and Payet was a virtuoso but Noble never stopped. He threaded some amazing balls through offensively as well as covering for the defence when they got forward. He makes himself available when others have the ball and puts in tackles and interceptions when they haven't.

I am not sure he would break into the England team for a tournament but how he has never even been looked at in a friendly for England is a travesty imo.
  • Apparently LB Charlie Daniels of Bournemouth is going to be called up for the next England squad.

Cresswell ;wave
  • Which site posted that Luke? Out of the blue or related to an article?
  • Oulala.com

Not sure if it was part of a larger article?
  • Cool, thank you.
    Delph seems an odd player for them to use as I don't think he's had loads of minutes recently but interesting nonetheless.
  • The #NobleFanClub lives on ;bowdown ;clap
  • eski - they seem to have picked the current England midfielders who get in squads over him.
  • West Ham captain Mark Noble has been nominated for the Barclays Premier League Player of the Month for February.
  • ;wahoo ;clap
  • ;wahoo ;bowdown