The Mark Noble Thread

Comments

• In Nobles case we need to break stat passes down to sideways,backwards or forwards as unfortunately he more than often tends to try and keep possession rather than move us into attack.

Of course there are exceptions as he did so well with his involvement in the goals against Villa but that was an exception rather than the rule

Stats don't give the real story and you can read into them what you want to.

I'd rather judge performance by watching a game to see the overall performance and influence, after all one killer pass can win a game even when a player is having a mare
  • MrsGrey said:

Nah, but I can do you a Standard ;ok

It's the one marked "EXIT" Mrs G ;lol

• ;lol OK, give us a hand wiv me coat.

;yercoat
  • edited February 2016
    woosie said:

In Nobles case we need to break stat passes down to sideways,backwards or forwards as unfortunately he more than often tends to try and keep possession rather than move us into attack.

What was wrong with this stat?

(from Squawka).

Mark Noble, in the English Barclays Premier League, has scored two goals this season, creating 28 chances and three assists. Mark Noble has completed 978 passes this season with a pass accuracy of 86%, of which 75% were forward passes.

They reflect the season, not a single game or moment of excellence, and I don't see how anyone could read into them 'what they want'.

Your assertion
    unfortunately he more than often tends to try and keep possession rather than move us into attack.
    isn't supported by the stats, which are just facts in numerical form.

Perhaps your ability to 'watch a game' and make a judgement isn't as fine-tuned as you imagine?

Or perhaps you just haven't seen enough games this season?

• In my very, very humble opinion.....MY first three names on the team sheet; Adrian (although I think that DR is an excellent keeper), Payet (anyone want to argue?), and Nobes.

Markie Mark never hides. He always makes himself available, no matter that he then has to play a basic ball sideways, backwards or forwards. Not too proud to receive the ball and try and keep it even though he might have an opponent on his shoulder and therefore lose possession; accepts that there might have been a better pass on that the passing player failed to see and just gets on with it.

Mark is the 'get out of jail' player for his team mates. If they're hiding they just give the ball to Nobes, and more often than not he makes sure that we keep the ball (see previous stats). Good enough for me ;ok
  • I wouldn't expect you to say anything else luke, as you've previously stated that Nobes should be the first name on the team sheet and will be HOTY

;lol

That will be Payet.

From the minute he first touched the ball at Roots Hall in pre-season
  • Good shout Austin

So Vinny Sideways it is then

;biggrin
  • Good shout Austin

So Vinny Sideways it is then

;biggrin

;lol ;clap
  • Pity he is resorting to some dodgy tackles recently too

Could have easily had two yellows and sent off on Tuesday in the game I was watching as usual
  • You'll have to do better than that...

• Mark Noble has completed 978 passes this season with a pass accuracy of 86%, of which 75% were forward passes.

;hmm

So most technical passer? ;hmm

;wink
  • No.He will have to do better than that ;ok
  • edited February 2016
    woosie said:

Pity he is resorting to some dodgy tackles recently too

Could have easily had two yellows and sent off on Tuesday in the game I was watching as usual

Woosie,

In fairness, he's a defensive midfielder, it goes with the territory, and the way yellows and reds are handed out these days, in my opinion, mean that Nobes is picking up about as many as can be expected but not necessarily deserved.

• Not sure about that, Rav.

I don't think anyone is saying they don't rate him, just a question of how highly.
  • That's about it for me.

Massive player on his day, bleeds claret and blue.

That being said he's not immune to criticism either.

Judge him on each game, like anyone else.
  • M A R K N O B L E

LEMON KRAB ;hmm
  • Still to this day, for me, Nobes' finest moment in a West Ham shirt was in 2007 when he volleyed in Tevez's cross v Bolton as part of the great escape - there was no way that was hit sideways or backwards!! ;lol
  • M A R K N O B L E
    LEMON KRAB ;hmm

BLANK ROME ;hmm
  • edited February 2016

M A R K N O B L E

LEMON KRAB ;hmm

Careful.....you'll be implying he goes sideways.

#VinnySideways
    #SonOfRayTheCrabWilkins
  • #SonOfRayTheCrabWilkins

;lol
  • Catchy

I should I say pinchy ;adkins
  • wasn't the first and won't be the last to say that.

To think he hasn't even made a squad, is quite remarkable when you see some of the bang average players that have.
  • I love Markie Mark. He bleeds claret and blue

He has good games, he has bad games, like every other player.

On his day he is great.

Sometimes he can make a reckless challenge (or 2)

However, his pass to Antonio for our first goal against Villa was sublime, and if it had been a Liverpool player (aka Stevie ME) the media would have been oozing about it.

Is he world class? I doubt it (he wouldn't walk into the Spanish, German or Argentinian teams, for example)

Is he England class? Given some of the players who have been called up, I think he is.

Just my onion .... no need to pick it apart.
  • I tried peanut butter and jelly (jam) for the first time this week..

Which was nice
  • Just my onion .... no need to pick it apart.
    Not really sure what that comment is for, Tex.

You're free to say what you think; others are free to respond, in any way which doesn't break site rules.

Neither you, nor anyone else, is obliged to respond to other users, or to continue a discussion beyond the point they want to.
  • edited February 2016
    Rav

it is indeed scrummy, but, imo, pales into tastebud insignificance in comparison to:

soft brown roll
    peanut butter
    honey
    [edit] and banana

which is food of the gods (or should be if they've got any sense.)
  • I will give it a go ;wahoo

hadn't had PB for a while but all the talk on the BA meant man had to get back involved
  • Oh, no, ;nonono I missed out the banana in that roll!