The Mark Noble Thread

Comments

• Just my onion .... no need to pick it apart.
    Enough to make you ;weep
  • Discussing Noble for England on soccer saturday....

Merse: 'How he's not had a cap is unbelievable'
  • I've always liked Merse ;biggrin
  • his head looks like its being photoshopped on ?
  • Interesting comment on Sky, before the Saints match.

Lots of praise. ;ok

• Massive praise for Nobes.
  • What was said?
  • Thought he was probably our best player tonight as well.
  • Yea tbf thought he played very well far far better than Song

Midfield didn't really fire tonight but I guess he did what he had to do and was the best of our out field players tonight
  • Be happy never to see Song in a West Ham shirt again.
  • Noble and Obiang has to be our backup when kouyate is injured

Son was class against City but can't think of a single game where he's actually been telling
  • What was said?

They put up a chart of his performance stats, such as pass completion etc. He was 1st or 2nd in pretty much all categories (compared to other WH players).

JR and gary Monk talked about his passing range, work rate, commitment etc, saying that teams need creative players like Payet (or course) but you also really need players like MN who are solid, can do different jobs in the team/different formations etc.

JR said 'best MF not to have been capped for England' (if I remember the wordingcorrectly).

So, words of praise. Of course, it's not quite the same as 'better than other MF who HAVE been capped'. ;hmm
  • He must be the first name on the teamsheet.
    Wonder who said that about Nobes today? ;hmm
  • Thanks MrsG ;thumbsup Nice to see him get some recognition from pundits as for someone with 350 appearances, he hasn't had much from them over the years.
  • Interesting to hear noble getting great praise from pundits in UK.. On show here before game last night Alan Curbishley stated that Noble must be one of the unluckiest players not to have made the England squad in his career so far ;ok
  • Alan Curbishley can shut his mouth when it comes to Noble, he was the one who held back his career.

Tried to turn an AMF into DMF, Nobes didn't know whether to stick or twist half the time.

No, Alan Curbishley can do one.
  • On top of that Suzanne, he only gave him his chance when Quashie got injured ;doh

• Nah not having it ... Always liked curbs ;run
  • Football is poorer without the input of Curbs in some way. Great thinker and tactician wasted on the sidelines. Please come back soon. ;ok
  • edited February 2016
    Roy was on MOTD. Not sure why. Offers nothing because of his position. No real opinion or insight other than going along with what the other two say. Can't say anything controversial. Pretty pointless.

Anyway, Shearer asked him about Nobes and his reply was pretty much dismissing him. Said we also had Drinkwater and Mason. England have a lot of good midfielders apparently, but it's always nice to see others doing well.

Thought he was brilliant second half yesterday. Him and Payet between them pulled us out the mire.
  • There have always been agendas against West Ham players in all my time supporting - hoddle had something personal against Dicks for example. The likes of Mark Ward and Alan Dickens were perfectly good enough to make the squad at least when at their best but never did.
  • Dicks was told that if he grew his hair he would be picked for England.

[Dicks has told this story at several legends nights I have been to].

Dicks 'explained' that he should be selected on merit.
  • Alan Curbishley can shut his mouth when it comes to Noble, he was the one who held back his career.

Tried to turn an AMF into DMF, Nobes didn't know whether to stick or twist half the time.

No, Alan Curbishley can do one.

Easy tiger.....

Pardew only played Noble 5 times in the 2005/6 season then Noble was loaned out twice by Pardew (second time to Ipswich Aug 2006), before Curbs took over Dec 2006.

Curbishley then played Noble Jan 2007 and he featured in 11 games towards the end of that season, before he then played nearly every game for Curbs when fit (31), the following season.

If anyone actually helped his career it was probably Curbs, Pardew didn't play him or shipped him out.

#BlameCurbs
  • edited February 2016
    Slav, well said, that's how I see it
  • That was some Goal ;goal
  • edited February 2016
    Slizzy

Lovely stat facts ;ok

But my comment was not about how many times he was played and by who but how he was deployed when he was.

Nothing you posted disputed that.
  • Excellent goal yesterday
  • Suzanne said
    Alan Curbishley ...........

He has form on that front, did the same to Parker at Charlton.