The twonk that is... Mark Lawrenson

Comments

• Turkish Delight, there is nothing delightful about them.
    Heard they ok fried ;whistle
  • Turkish Delight, there is nothing delightful about them.

Go to Greece and they are called Greek delight

Go to Liverpool and maybe they think Lawro knows football... Maybe.

Go to hell ;puzzled ah yes Lawro go to hell ;whistle
  • You just know as a result of this thread Lawro's predication for Saturday will be correct.

#TheWestHamWay ;biggrin
  • He has a new book out soon , it's called An Irrational Hatred of West Ham ;lol
  • On the plus side the more we win, the more Lawro looks like a twonk.

We'd be in the relegation zone if his predictions were correct ;lol
  • I do think we've had very little credit from a number of pundits/media. We 'took a gamble' changing managers apparently, that manager has brought in players like Payet and Lanzini, we've beaten City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool already. Where's the credit?
  • Oh and how rude of me... Lawro's a twonk.
  • Twist

I don't think anyone could argue that Bilic wasn't a gamble, since he had no experience in the PL.

Plenty of good managers have come to the PL and failed miserably.

It would seem that he wasn't the owners' first or even second choice for the job.

It's delightful that (at least so far) the gamble seems to have paid off, and long may it continue, but it was a gamble.
  • Grey, I agree it was a gamble but that's my point, look at the job he's doing! He deserves much more credit than he's (not) getting?
  • TBH Twist, I'd much rather we were sailing under the radar.
  • edited October 2015
    From the official West Ham twitter account ;clap ;lol:

West Ham United FC
    @whufc_official
    LAWRO: @BBCSport 'football expert' Mark Lawrenson has excelled with his #WHUFC and @WatfordFC predictions so far...

• ;lol I was talking about Lawro at the SAB meeting...

They were listening ;puzzled
  • Twist ;ok

Oh, and, of course

• edited October 2015
    His Leicester predictions are almost as bad as ours ;lol
    So, so so close Mark!

IMG_20151030_134933
  • He's into deep now.

The early LFC game prediction and analysis that we're not a very good team has come back to bite him. I fully expect him to keep this up until we do actually lose.

Then he'll pour himself a drink light a cigar and kick back, thinking how wonderful he is at this prediction game

#Twonk
  • Lawro, prior to our game at Anfield, where, I humbly suggest, we did quite well;

“I worry a little bit about West Ham,” said Lawrenson told BBC Sport. “They are under pressure and, with the goals they conceded in their defeat by Bournemouth, they did not look like a team. So the Hammers have got to sort themselves out – I just don’t think Anfield is the place to do it.”

“Liverpool got a good point at Emirates Stadium on Monday, although they got away with another decision going their way when Aaron Ramsey’s goal was wrongly ruled out for offside. I just don’t see West Ham causing them too many problems, and this should be quite a comfortable win for Liverpool,” he added.

How'd that work out for ya Lawro?
  • Knows knowt

;biggrin
  • The fact he got it right today makes me dislike him even more.
  • Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Translated to football terms, Lawro will probably get one more right
  • Well he can not get them all wrong
    His is rubish,,, but his not very good at that either.
  • Still a twonk