The twonk that is... Mark Lawrenson

Comments

• edited January 2016
    Well he at least forecast a 2 nil win.....
    However this was down to his blind dislike of us so he gave a 2 nil away win to Liverpool....wrong...
    Twonk again!!!!
  • Well he did get today's score right ...... Just the wrong team.

• The bloke is a Grade A Clown
  • The bloke is a Grade A Clown

;nonono not the clown word!
  • I'm so lucky I never ever see him on any shows out here ;wahoo I do however have to put up with Andy Townsend tho ;doh
  • Andy Townsend eh jay?....
    You have my utmost sympathy ;hug
  • guess what at this stage last season game 20 we have the same points as we had last season.
  • Mark 'muppet' Lawrenson is rather annoying. I must admit however that I do not mind listening to Andy Townsend at all. In fact, perhaps controversially, I like him as a pundit.
  • When I say 'what a' you say 'twonk'

'What a.....'
  • Just had another look for a laugh. He has us on 11 points. What a twonk.
  • To be fair, he also has Leicester on 12 points. So you can tell he doesn't use anything like form or players to make his decisions.
  • Still worth a laugh, particularly after another trouncing ;biggrin

mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/west-ham-not-good-team-6349442#ICID=sharebar_twitter

So we've done the mighty Liverpool 5-0 on aggregate.

Marvellous.
  • The man will never give us any credit.

I stopped taking him and his predictions seriously a long time ago.

I just read this thread for laughs

and at the moment I am

SmileySmileySmileySmileySmiley
  • Still worth a laugh, particularly after another trouncing ;biggrin

mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/west-ham-not-good-team-6349442#ICID=sharebar_twitter

So we've done the mighty Liverpool 5-0 on aggregate.

Marvellous.

Very well written and balanced piece of journalism. Penned by a true hero and legend of the game.

Ok matron, is it medication time already?

• There is absolutely no reason why he gets most if not all his predictions wrong. Unless it is some sort of protest having lost his slot to some new inferior young pundit on MotD or he is simply not very knowledgeable but he does seem not to have much faith in us! It wouldn't be a surprise if he hasn't predicted Liverpool to win every game! ;doh
  • It's quite simple for me.....

His predictions are based on WHO he wants to do well, not what a rational look at form and other factors show.

Basically he doesn't like us, fine the feeling is mutual.
  • Tbf, briefly, to the Twonkmeister, he has previously said that he never puts a great deal of effort into the predictions, and it is meant to be a bit of fun.

He's still a twonk, mind.
  • Oh! He says that now...... ;lol
  • edited January 2016
    I'd say, given his delusional ideas on Liverpool's results this season he's from Tottenham ;wink
  • IronHerb said:

Oh! He says that now...... ;lol

Yeah! Had I'd of known we were supposed to be taking it seriously...
  • edited January 2016
    Mark Thomas Lawrenson, you are habitually biased, get nearly every forcast you make completely wrong and have confessed that little thought goes into them. It is therefore expected that you consider the risk of withdrawal of remuneration for such forecasts, in the same casual manner.

You are hereby sentenced to the maximum period allowed for your twonklike offenses and will be denied any form of compensation for a period of five years.

Key in sounds of gates closing, keys turning in locks, boots on grates, Mr Mackay shouting "now move along" and Fletcher smirking in the background

;wink
  • Can I just make a prediction that the twonk will remain a TWONK, let me know if I'm wrong ;lol
  • Talentless
    Windbag
    Offers
    No
    Knowledge
  • I listened to the Man U commentary on listen again, and he was doing 'punditry' duty.

He kept making remarks to the commentator that I presume he felt were witty exchanges, but they kept coming across as snide and graceless, which I guess is about right for the bloke...
  • I think that because he was connected with Liverpool for many years he automatically thinks he is funny..... a bit like John Bishop ;biggrin