Man Utd (H) 12.30 Sat 23rd - or 7.30 iin the USA

Comments

• steve said:

Win ugly .Would be okay for me today

You got it.

• When you actually look at the sides that Man Utd put out, you have to say they're probably about where you'd expect them to be in the league - maybe actually higher. If you put those players in a Brighton shirt nobody would expect them to be high up in the league at all.
  • My son-in-law is a Manu supporter, and is resigned to losing the Manager. I didn't remind him that Moysiah was let go by them 🤣🤣 gloat gloat
  • Great result - although he tried hard, even Simon Hooper couldn’t help Man Utd⚒
  • Interviewer to Kudus: what does your celebration mean?
    Kudus: it doesn’t mean anything i just sit down and take a breath, yknow, I’m tired.

😂
  • Great result - although he tried hard, even Simon Hooper couldn’t help Man Utd⚒

Yeah, he looked proper fed up towards the end when he was marking out a free kick for us just outside their box.

• My son-in-law is a Manu supporter, and is resigned to losing the Manager. I didn't remind him that Moysiah was let go by them 🤣🤣 gloat gloat

Oh - you have to bet that DM especially enjoyed todays result
  • one of those where we came out on top from two distinctly average teams but we had that moment of quality.
  • First half - meh.
    Second half meh, better, better still, wonderful.🎉❤️⚒
  • Well guess I will be in a good mood for our Christmas family do today ,Now I just said Christmas and family not so sure about that mood now .Just put a happy face on after today's result
  • Paqueta has five league assists this season, all in the last 2 games!
  • A fantastic result and a performance of two different halves once again. We allowed them too much in the first half and were a little slow in closing, I feel a better Man Utd of the past would have asserted in that first half and settled the match. Fortunately this United side is a shadow of the ones of the past. To our credit just like the Spurs game we improved for the second half however and had much more intensity and began to pose a threat.

I felt each player contributed today, but yet again the threat of Bowen and the finishing of Kudus is another level. We all want a striker to call on but those two are playing with every attribute we would like that Striker to have. Paquetta once again showing he is invaluable and so many goals come through him. Come the summer we will have a huge fight to keep both of them, should we not manage that I imagine we will be looking at no less than £150m the pair.
  • Also worth noting we now have a point extra at the same stage as the Lingard season, where we had 29 points after 18 games.
  • Lukerz said:

Paqueta has five league assists this season, all in the last 2 games!

I know the commentators said that, but the first goal hasn’t been given an official assist as Bowen got it back off the keeper.
  • MIAHammer said:

Paqueta picks up yet another silly yellow card. He’s so frustrating!

Off to Ladbrokes...
  • After some good results this afternoon and and one game away from the half way point, should the league placings be looked at this evening it would appear reasonable to say we have three teams over performing and three underperforming regard usual expectations.

Over performers
    Aston Villa, West Ham, Bournemouth

Under performers
    Chelsea, Man Utd, possibly Man City

Long may it last......... could just really do with Spurs plummeting down the table.
  • Looking at the Man Utd forum I would say they are not very happy. This my favourite, although I still can't decide if he is a fan of Roy Keane or not.

'Bring Roy Keane as an interim manager just to fight with our stupid spineless players, don't care if we finish 15th. The season is over already. Just bring him to burn and destroy everything, in the hope that we start fresh next season.'
  • Looking at the Man Utd forum I would say they are not very happy. This my favourite, although I still can't decide if he is a fan of Roy Keane or not.

'Bring Roy Keane as an interim manager just to fight with our stupid spineless players, don't care if we finish 15th. The season is over already. Just bring him to burn and destroy everything, in the hope that we start fresh next season.'

That would be a Netflix behind the scenes documentary that I would certainly pay for :-)
  • edited December 2023
    It was a weird game. We sat off way too much for the entire game. It’s fine being a counter-attacking side but you have to be aggressive when you defend for that to work, otherwise you just allow a side to knock the ball about. Luckily, Man Utd are so poor & we defended really well.

The two goals saw us produce a moment of magic with a nice bit of passing play & Paqueta opening the door & then seizing on a mistake & being clinical. It was a 0-0 game in the main. A draw was probably fair but we capitalised on two moments. Interesting that Moyes said the aim was not to sit off them as much as we did.
  • You see him constantly urging them to get further forward during games
  • Nonetheless, we’re currently sixth! Massive!
  • I must admit that sitting sixth at Christmas is beyond any of my most optimistic expectations, I still feel that our performances have generally been less than inspiring but this is a results business and credit must be given where due.

Well done to all,
  • edited December 2023
    Having watched the second half again, I didn’t quite appreciate the full change. It seemed JWP was moved to the left of midfield as well.

Bowen - Alvarez - Soucek - JWP
    Kudus
    Paqueta
  • edited December 2023
    Looks good, but we are still 10 points from safety. I hope they don't get complacent. Job's not done yet.
  • If Newcastle had drawn at Luton we'd be 7th but its nice to reach Christmas and be included in a "cracking little title race" especially when you consider that at this point last season we were 17th on 15pts.
  • Out of interest, if we did a combined West Ham & Man Utd 11, who gets in?

Areola
    Wan-Bissaka - Zouma - Aguerd - Shaw
    Alvarez - JWP
    Kudus - Fernandes - Paqueta
    Bowen

Fair?
  • Lukerz said:

Out of interest, if we did a combined West Ham & Man Utd 11, who gets in?

Areola
    Wan-Bissaka - Zouma - Aguerd - Shaw
    Alvarez - JWP
    Kudus - Fernandes - Paqueta
    Bowen

Fair?

I was thinking aboht this yesterday, and there’s no way Wan-Bissaka gets in over Coufal for me.

I don’t think there’s much between Areola & Onana, tbh. Martinez would comfortably be in over Aguerd, and presumably most would take Casemiro and Mount over JWP and Alvarez.

Areola; Coufal Zouma Martinez Shaw; Casemiro Mount; Kudus Fernandes Paqueta; Bowen
  • edited December 2023
    I really don’t rate Mount.

If everybody was fit, maybe Martinez over Aguerd. Casemiro of last season, yes. This season? Not sure.
  • Lukerz said:

Having watched the second half again, I didn’t quite appreciate the full change. It seemed JWP was moved to the left of midfield as well.

Bowen - Alvarez - Soucek - JWP
    Kudus
    Paqueta

This is the average positions from the tactical switch and the second goal going in.