Man Utd (H) 12.30 Sat 23rd - or 7.30 iin the USA

Can’t believe no one started this as it’s only a day and a half away. Maybe it will distract from yesterdays dismal performance.

Comments

• 7-30 in Canada as well .so I get to watch before one of to many family Christmas .Just hope I am in a good mood after the game .Who knows what team Moyes will put out .Same as Wolves I hope
  • I chose us to win in a last man standing competition, which I felt confident about on Monday but now regret.

Areola looked poor in the week, and Fab has been playing well, so he starts for me.

Fabianski; Coufal Zouma Aguerd Emerson; Alvarez Soucek JWP; Bowen Kudus Paqueta
  • edited December 2023
    Depends where you are in the USA or Canada, it could be anything from 9am in Newfoundland to 2:20am in Hawaii

If you want to sum up the situation at Manchester United under Ten Hag in a nutshell it's Scott McTominay. All through the summer there were reports that Ten Hag didn't want him and even now there are rumours that he'll be leaving in January. Despite that he's started nine EPL games in a row, he is top scorer with six goals and was given the captain's armband against Liverpool

On the other side of the coin last season's top scorer Marcus Rashford has been dropped to the bench for the last three games

You have to wonder if Ten Hag would still be in a job if it weren't for the protracted sale of the club, now in its second year.

A big advantage is that we don't have to play Arsenal until next Thursday while Man Utd have got a big game against Villa on Boxing Day plus there are a lot of injured

Malacia (knee, 25 games missing), Martinez (foot, 19), Casemiro (thigh, 14), Mount (calf ,7), Lindelof (unknown, 3) and Maguire (groin, 1) are all currently on the injured list. Martial missed the Liverpool game with illness but may be fit while Eriksen is reported to be back in training after 8 games absence with a knee injury.

In addition Dalot picked up two yellows arguing with the ref against Liverpool which leaves the back four a little threadbare, maybe a rare sighting of the lesser spotted Wan-Bissaka.

And of course Jadon Sancho is still on a sulk of epic proportions

Predicting a starting XI is almost impossible with Ten Hag apart from Onana in goal and Bruno Fernandes in the No.10 slot but I wouldn't be surprised if McTominey were on the bench!
  • Ten Hag confirms that Martinez, Casemiro, Maguire, Mount and Lindelof not available

Say Hojlund should be giving him better service from other players

Apparently its not just Martial that was ill, Ten Hag says "a number of players had suffered from illness this week and are now in a race against the clock to be fit for the match on Saturday lunchtime"

Sounds vaguely familiar...
  • Its a 4.30am kick off for me.

A sort of oh I cant sleep I'm going to get up and not disturb you darling thing. I'll just rest on the sofa for a bit (roughly 2 hours should do it) and come back to bed after... ;)
  • Man Utd forums and pundits are all talking about 18yo DM/CM Kobbie Mainoo, made his first team debut against Reading in the Carabao Cup last year and has been in the starting XI for three of the last five EPL games.(Everton, Newcastle, Liverpool)

Manchester Evening News predicted line up

Onana
    Wan-Bissaka Varane Evans Shaw
    McTominay Mainoo
    Antony Fernandes Garnacho
    Hojlund
  • edited December 2023
    Areola, Coufal, Zouma ©, Mavropanos, Emerson, Álvarez, Ward-Prowse, Souček, Kudus, Paquetá, Bowen
    Subs: Fabiański (GK), Johnson, Kehrer, Ogbonna, Cresswell, Fornals, Benrahma, Ings, Mubama

Aguerd still out, Areola back in goal, otherwise the same as v Wolves.
  • Areola
    Coufal Mavropanos Zouma Emerson
    Soucek Alvarez
    Kudus Ward-Prowse Paqueta
    Bowen

Fabianski, Johnson, Kehrer, Ogbonna, Cresswell, Fornals, Benrahma, Ings, Mubama

No Aguerd or Cornet
  • Aguerd will be a big miss ,Not convinced by Dino .Also kind of thought Fab would get to start
  • Expect big things after the surrender on Wednesday.
  • An unfamiliar name in the Man U XI but otherwise as MEN predicted

Willy Kambwala 19yo CB, joined from FC Sochaux U19s in 2020, making his first team debut

Onana
    Wan-Bissaka Kambwala Evans Shaw
    McTominay Mainoo
    Antony Fernandes Garnacho
    Hojlund

Bayindir, Amrabat, Rashford, Eriksen, Reguilon, Pellistri, Van de Beek, Hannibal, Bennett

No Varane, reported as ill on Twitter
  • That central area looks very weak.
  • Coufal on 4 yellows I think
  • edited December 2023
    An effort worthy of Benrahma there from JWP 😂🤣😂.
  • Promising opening 5 mins, looks like we have showed up today
  • edited December 2023
    Ref giving us nothing as usual, and Andy Townsend has his "Sky 6" tinted glasses on too.
  • I hate to say it, but Kudus looks a bit off the pace so far today.
  • I swear Soucek gets a cut on the head at least one a month
  • I get so nervous every time Mavrapanos gets the ball. He is just so error prone.
  • Yet good pace and a cool head to deal with Fernandez. I think given time Mavrapanos will prove to be a good buy.
  • I like Mavropanos. I think he’s a good defender, and is probably the best of our centre backs at passing through the lines. He has an error in him, of course, but it can’t be easy to get into a groove when you don’t play often.

We need to get Bowen into the game. 5 touches, 1 pass attempted (and misplaced) after half an hour.
  • Great save from Areola after a shocking giveaway from Kudus
  • Misplaced pass by Kudus puts them in, fortunately Areola does well in the 1 v 1.
  • Excellent defending by Johnny Evans too
  • Their keeper throws Alvarez into the goal at a corner, but obviously the ref sees something else in their favour and they get a free kick.
  • The only times they’ve looked dangerous is when we’ve mucked up. Need to concentrate, because they don’t look up to too much.
  • edited December 2023
    Mav trying to prove Alderz and me wrong 😀
  • Mistake by Mavropanos there, good cover by Paqueta?
  • Are we trying to let them score?
  • Areola then nearly fumbles a straightforward effort.