TSC Vs West Ham Thurs 30th 5.45pm kick off

124»

Comments

• Wonderful game of top level European football.
    Two top sides going full tilt at each other.
    Marvellous stuff.
  • Soucek is massive .what's that 3rd game that he has scored right at the end
  • Would all those who wanted rid of Soucek please stand up.
  • Never wanted rid .So I am not getting up happy to just lay here with a nice glass of red
  • In the last two games, we only came alive in the last 110-15 minutes or so. Is that a deliberate Moyes game plan?
  • edited December 2023
    Cornets ball in was literally the only ball of real quality in the whole game, really well anticipated by Soucek and tucked away nicely but that is all one can say.

In every other respect it was a really grim watch and played like a pre season friendly.

Oh and Benny, really is not very good, probably great at kicky uppy but the game requires more than that.
  • Soucek's movement for the goal was almost Haalandesque.
    Also JWP put in a decent free kick (79mins) that Dinos couldn't quite manage to get to.
    We looked livelier on the right with Cornet , he seemed a better option than Fornals with Bowen and Kudus both out.
    Otherwise pretty poor effort overall - would be nice to see more running with the ball

• Also JWP put in a decent free kick (79mins) that Dinos couldn't quite manage to get to.

I think he was offside anyway.

• Just watched the highlights, commentator mentioned that Soucek has scored 5 goals in the last 5 games for club and country

v Forest 88 mins 2-1
    v Poland 49 mins 1-1
    v Moldova 89 mins 3-0
    v Burnley 90+1 mins 2-1
    v TSC 89 min 1-0

Definitely "better late than never"
  • Hopefully just that one ball might get Cornet some minutes in future games. Still don't get why he isn't utilised unless there is an underlining health condition etc.
  • Soucek's goal scoring form is back to what it was in his first season with us now that he doesn't have to play second fiddle to Rice, who never came close to Soucek's goalscoring record.
    Best thing all round was selling Rice and of course investing the money. I think Moyes played a blinder in that respect.
  • Hopefully just that one ball might get Cornet some minutes in future games. Still don't get why he isn't utilised unless there is an underlining health condition etc.

Baffling to me. I know he was wasteful quite often last season but he's always looked lively when he's come on and we could do with that sometimes. Considering he can play as a striker as well, it feels like there must be something wrong for him to not get minutes ahead of Ings. These days I just forget he plays for us.
  • I can't tell you the times Benni gets the ball takes it well beats a man or makes enough space to deliver and I think 'here we go' and then he just messes it up with that final ball. Such a talented footballer but missing a vital part.

Soucek has become the goal scorer we had when he first joined since being allowed to get forward again now Rice has left.
  • Like you, in those situations, I think ' here we go' ...but mine usually has an ' again' on the end of it.
  • I can't tell you the times Benni gets the ball takes it well beats a man or makes enough space to deliver and I think 'here we go' and then he just messes it up with that final ball. Such a talented footballer but missing a vital part.

Soucek has become the goal scorer we had when he first joined since being allowed to get forward again now Rice has left.

Whilst I agree that playing in a two with Rice definitely affected his game when Rice wanted more freedom to be a CM rather than just a DM, it's worth saying that in most games this season (I know last night we didn't) we've played with three in the middle (usually Soucek with both Alvarez and JWP) and often with Paqueta nominally on the left but with tendencies to move centrally as well.

So although it's good to see Soucek back amongst the goals, it's in part due to a change in formation rather than just a change in roles within a Rice/Soucek pairing.
  • Couldn't string two passes together...and then score a 15 pass goal. Make sense of that, I can't 🤔