West Ham Vs Olympiacos 8pm KO London Stadium

Comments

• Chance for JWP following good work by Bowen, but it didn't really trouble their keeper too much, an easy save.
  • We’re not actually really threatening them
  • We've come back into it in the last 5 minutes or so, but we need to be a bit more clinical.
  • JWP has been relatively poor this evening IMO.
    ….cue a goal!
  • He'll get the assist, nice work Scottie.
  • edited November 2023
    Given offside but surely Paqueta is onside, VAR to decide.
  • edited November 2023

JWP has been relatively poor this evening IMO.
    ….cue a goal!

….., thank me later⚒
  • Get in, finally.
  • Must admit I thought it was offside in real time, but Paqueta timed his run perfectly (or, more like, one of their defenders was well slow in getting out).
  • Soucek on for Alvarez.
  • Kudus taken out quite cynically and another of their players is in the book. Cornet on for Benrahma.
  • Dinos shoulda done better with a diving header from a JWP free kick, another effort that's wide of the target.
  • A real scare there, off the post with a back post header from a corner, he shoulda levelled there.
  • edited November 2023
    10 minutes ago I hoped we had at least 20 minutes left to play, now I want it to be 20 seconds we are living dangerously.
  • Looked like Soucek was favourite for the ball as their player drove at him, but he backed off and let him get a shot away. Fortunately it was off target.

Mubama on for Kudus (Bowen had been on the right recently anyway so no real change in formation).
  • Ouch, Bowen kicked on the achilles, but he's up again now. Into 5 minutes of added time.
  • Bowen booked for being moaned at by their players.
  • Win, but very edgy. 1-0 with 20 mins to go, what could possibly go wrong? .Take the 3 points and move on…….
  • Kind of poor ,still 3 points .But just don't seem to be clicking
  • Some good individual performances and no shortage of effort, but as Steve says, we do not seem to be clicking.

Happy to take the win but…………
  • Good win despite an edgy performance. May be lacking confidence? But too many square and backward passes which slow down the momentum.
  • I think in the league and this evening we have found it hard to break defences down and take the half chances that do come. I think Olympiacos should have came at us from the beginning as they are decent and can cause problems. I was pleased with how we never stopped trying to make something but just lacked ideas enough to do so.

Pole position within the group now and can hopefully take top spot and that's what mattered this evening.
  • Beat Freiburg and we top the group

Just don't lose to Freiburg and we top the group, isn't it?
  • edited November 2023

Beat Freiburg and we top the group

No, if we lose/draw to the group whipping boys and Freiburg draw/beat Olympiakos, then a draw won't be enough against Freiburg to top the group (ie if Freiburg better our result in our next matches).

No, if we lose/draw to the group whipping boys and Freiburg draw/beat Olympiakos, then a draw won't be enough against Freiburg to top the group (ie if Freiburg better our result in our next matches).
    According to my commentator the main point is not goal difference but the direct results against the team. If we draw against Freiburg then we drew once and beat them once, thus would be above them in the event of equal points.

• Yes you are correct @MunichHammer.We are top of the table even though Freiburg have a better GD.
  • I'm not a VAR lover but if it wasn't in place last night we would all be on here going mad about a wrong decision.
  • edited November 2023
    Munich both you and Buffy are correct. We would be above Freiburg if we draw with them and are on the same points but doesn’t guarantee us top spot if all three teams end up on 10 points as GD would come into effect between us and Olympiacos as we would both have won one.
    As it stands we can finish anywhere in the top 3 but will be in Europe in 2024.