Brentford (A) Saturday 4 November 3pm (not on TV)

Comments

• MIAHammer said:

Overall enjoying the game as that was an entertaining 1st half to watch, we have fully played our part but, imo, Antonio looks out of sorts and we need to change him out.

COYI

With whom? Ings?
    You know that Moyes won't play Mubama .
    In a 4-4-2 I think Ings can be effective
    Well that aged well, I literally do not think he physically touched the ball, but still managed to get booked, that must be some sort of record
    I think he touched it once (towards the end) 😂
  • We looked so vulnerable in midfield. Needed someone else in there. Soucek and Ward-Prowse cannot be a midfield two. Fornals should have been in there, or at least Kudus at 10 with Bowen wide.
  • edited November 2023
    Yep, we were way too expansive with that formation & lightweight in midfield.
  • After a good start to the league I think we are drifting back to probably where we are as a Premier league team. Palace / Brentford I think are certainly slightly better than us, though not by much. Certainly think we will be in that group of 12th - 16th teams by the end of the year.

I think this maybe Moyes last year unless he can pull out some cup heroics again.
  • We are getting too many yellow cards.
  • Unless we have at least a 2 goal advantage at half time we will not win it. We must have one of the worst records in the league for conceding goals in the second half. Not only that but the second halves are an absolutely awful watch.
  • Their first two goals were defensive mistakes that could have been avoided. Nothing we could have done for the third. How long is Zouma out for?
    It was all Brentford in the second half.
    We’ve slid down into the bottom half now. No reason to panic but we do need to start picking up points again.
  • We are getting too many yellow cards.

And for silly things!
  • The key moment was the Antonio/Benrahma fluff up to make it 3-1.
  • We simply blow hot and cold too often, u can say we missed 2 regulars in the midfield, but then again the others should be good enough.
    Today, on top of the week I’ve had just makes me wanna try forget it tbh……
  • edited November 2023
    I do think missing Zouma & Paqueta is big for us, Alvarez less so. But the second half wasn’t good enough. Our defending is so weak.

Not convinced by Areola or Aguerd long term.
  • Lets not play 4-4-2 again.
  • edited November 2023
    Only Sheffield, Burnley and Bournemouth have conceded more than us and they are all in the bottom 4. It’s totally not good enough.
    If we go behind we can generally kiss goodbye to getting anything out of the game as we’ve picked up a solitary point when doing so. Teams know that if they go in front a win is virtually guaranteed.
    10 points out of 12 to start but 4 out of 21 since. That’s concerning.
  • Maupay hadn’t scored for over a year and Collins for eighteen months. Both were their first for Brentford
  • And of course Mavropanos gets his first on his league debut…
  • Must have been a ripper for the neutrals.
    Oh well, we lost, could’ve got a point maybe even won it.
    Brentford looked a decent side to me.

Anyway just opened a nice bottle of Merlot and the steaks are seasoned and ready to go on for the start of my birthday weekend.
    Life’s not all bad is it?❤️
  • Areola never seems to come for enough crosses ,Starting to think Fab should still be our number one
  • Slacker said:

Must have been a ripper for the neutrals.

Anyway just opened a nice bottle of Merlot and the steaks are seasoned and ready to go on for the start of my birthday weekend.

Hope you have a good time 😁
  • Lukerz so all three Brentwood goals were by players scoring their first for them.
  • Lukerz so all three Brentwood goals were by players scoring their first for them.

It's worse than I thought, we lost to Brentwood hahaha
  • MrsGrey said:

Slacker said:

Must have been a ripper for the neutrals.

Hope you have a good time 😁
    Thank you m’am.👍
  • Is it time to drop Antonio
  • steve said:

Is it time to drop Antonio

It's long overdue imo.
  • edited November 2023
    If Antonio had not been so keen to get on the scoresheet we would have gone in at HT 3 - 1 up.
    He also needs to be sat down and made to watch his performances especially his falling down backwards that never wins a free kick.
  • edited November 2023
    The key moment is that Benrahma/Antonio moment. We’d wrestled the initiative after a tricky start & were on fire during that period where we went from 1-0 to 1-2. Kudus was ruining the show. If that goes in the next portion of the game becomes very different & no doubt we see a change to a 4-3-3 or back 5 before Brentford got their second goal to make us a bit less open. That miss isn’t on Moyes, it’s on Antonio. Second half showed what it was, a good side playing a side that played on Wednesday night. We ran out of puff, the squad was weaker with no Zouma, Alvarez, Paqueta & we just ended up going through the motions a bit second half after Brentford got on top & no real options to change it.

This game in isolation is not an issue, lots of teams struggle to win at Brentford, they are a decent side. But adding it to the 4-1 at Villa & the 0-1 at home to Everton, it’s not good. Forest next becomes a huge game as not winning would start to see the pressure build.
  • edited November 2023
    You can see why he wanted Maguire after watching Aguerd this season.
  • We have recruited some good players but we continue to play Moyes' old fashioned way. A bit more effort from the team for the last two games but I dont know why we play Antonio or how much longer Moyes has got. Personally cant see him lasting beyond Christmas.
  • Brentford caused most of our problems from their right. Emerson was defending quite narrow and Benrahma wasn't a great help giving them acres of space and time to line up the crosses. At 2-1 up I would have put Cresswell on for Benrahma and gone 3/5 at the back.
  • An odd time to play two up front, with our two strongest midfielders missing. Made for an interesting game, but more like Russian roulette to me.

That was Maupays 38th goal for Brentford.