Aston Villa (A)4:30pm Sunday 22 Oct (Sky Sports)

Comments

• That’s some finish from Watkins
  • we miss that aerial threat of Soucek on our corners
  • Great finish......Pity..Poor by Kudus to give it away, costly mistake......
  • alderz said:

That’s some finish from Watkins

Yeah, I was just thinking that; I didn't like Areola getting beat there, but with the power and placement I'm not sure what he could have done.
  • Great finish......Pity..Poor by Kudus to give it away, costly mistake......

I’m not sure. I thought Kudus got close to a very difficult interception, and it would have been an incredible touch rather than something I’d have expected him to make
  • I'll get me coat train...
  • This was always on the cards with ASLEF's opening post. ;)
  • This was always on the cards with ASLEF's opening post. ;)

Given the commentator just said this will likely be their 11th home win a row, I think it might have been on the cards either way!
  • Ings on for Paqueta.
  • alderz said:

Great finish......Pity..Poor by Kudus to give it away, costly mistake......

I’m not sure. I thought Kudus got close to a very difficult interception, and it would have been an incredible touch rather than something I’d have expected him to make
    Would have been relatively easy if he’d gone for it with his right foot though
  • Maybe! They’ve not shown a replay yet, so maybe you’re right. It looked tricky to me.
  • 4-1 now. They’re just walking through us, it’s far too easy.
  • edited October 2023
    4-1 😭😭😭.

Good finish again, but not great by Aguerd.
  • Looks like we’ve switched off
  • This Villa team are looking something special. Must be an exciting time to be a Villa fan.
  • edited October 2023
    I’d rather there weren’t 7 minutes added on tbh.
  • Dodger58 said:

Looks like we’ve switched off

Not sure we've been fully switched on in this game.
  • Dodger58 said:

Looks like we’ve switched off

I think Moyes set the tone when he brought on Ings.
  • MIA I didn’t even notice that!!
  • edited October 2023
    Villa are good but we are way too flimsy, especially defensively.
  • To be fair, Coufal made a meal of his band to the head too
  • edited October 2023
    alderz said:

This Villa team are looking something special. Must be an exciting time to be a Villa fan.

Really? With all their diving, feigning injury, simulation, not for me, I'm afraid.
  • Well beaten by a much better team. Our goal was a wicked deflection and I think a score of 6-1 wouldn’t have flattered them.
  • That was bad. I didn’t necessarily expect anything but thought we’d put up more of a fight than that.
  • Hard to think of anyone who played well and we were lucky to get a deflected goal.

How many passes did Pacqueta misplace? Ii looked like Zouma and Aguerd have never played together before. Antonio was poor. There was no intensity or cutting-edge and we hardly put Villa under pressure. Need changes for the next game.
  • We must get a center forward in January. we have the makings of a good team but Antonio offers very little. Not sure we would be any better with Kudus in his place. Do we have an attacking coach?
  • alderz said:

This Villa team are looking something special. Must be an exciting time to be a Villa fan.

Really? With all their diving, feigning injury, simulation, not for me, I'm afraid.
    I’m not sure whether their gamesmanship means they aren’t looking special
  • No complaints with the scoreline, we were second best in every respect, if this was supposed to a test of our peers, we were sadly found wanting.

Villa looked really good, especially in the first half, far sharper than us with precise passing and movement.

Antonio looked particularly out of sorts today, his distribution was really poor, I do recall one decent ball in but that was it.

All in all I think today was a sobering moment, except for those of us watching that needed a drink after that.

Ho hum
  • Reality bites…
    They were better, we had a few moments to equalise, none clear cut , but as soon as they got their 2 goal lead again it was game over….
    Villa totally deserved their win…
  • Not sure if Paqueta was trying his best not to get booked , but I think that was his worst game this season. Nothing was coming off for us today and we gave them too much time and space when they had the ball.