Aston Villa (A)4:30pm Sunday 22 Oct (Sky Sports)

Comments

• I think Alvarez was in a no win situation. Paqueta should have cleared it, and the ball he played to Alvarez was awful.
  • Definite pen.....2nd best in all fairness.....
  • Might as well get the players who are on 4 yellows off
  • Too late - Emerson booking
  • Emerson banned for Everton game now.....
  • Clumsy is the word for Antonio, like to see Kudos please …
  • This isn’t over, though. 35 minutes + added time to go. No we’ve not been great, but we definitely have the capability to turn the game back around.
  • edited October 2023
    alderz said:

I think Alvarez was in a no win situation. Paqueta should have cleared it, and the ball he played to Alvarez was awful.

Was still clumsy by Alvarez though. Admittedly Paqueta mostly to blame, but Alvarez could have avoided giving the penalty away, especially given where on the pitch it was.

Emerson in the book, he misses the next game.
  • alderz said:

I think Alvarez was in a no win situation. Paqueta should have cleared it, and the ball he played to Alvarez was awful.

Was still clumsy by Alvarez though. Admittedly Paqueta mostly to blame, but Alvares could have avoided giving the penalty away, especially given where on the pitch it was.

Emerson in the book, he misses the next game.
    Yeah probably, I think he had to react very quickly though. Shouldnt have been in that position.
  • And there we go. Back in it.
  • edited October 2023
    Get in, Bowen.

Fortunate, but I'll take it.
  • Bit of luck there, but you make you own luck, COYI
  • Not bad company Bowen keeping with Thierry Henri & Mo Salah, scoring in first 5 Premier League matches
  • edited October 2023
    Moyes has to get Antonio off & Kudus on. Antonio is doing absolutely nothing.
  • Carragher was on the money there. Zaniolo faking a head injury to stop an attack for us. Absolute joke.
  • If you have a head injury you stay still!! Cara on the ball calling it for what it is.
  • edited October 2023
    I'm sorry, but this head injury rule is stupid, especially in this day and age. There was no real contact on his head, it wasn't a dangerous clash of heads. VAR should instantly watch clashes like that, and tell the ref to stop if there is anything serious. The Villa player completely hoodwinked the ref there.
  • One way to stop it would to make any with a ‘head injury’ have to leave the field for a doctor to check them
  • Kudus appears to be coming on.
  • Zaniola feigning head injury. This should warrant a yellow card for simulation.
  • These handball VAR checks are weird. There was very obviously nothing in that one.
  • Ridiculous hand ball check too
  • Kudus on for Soucek.
  • I thought Soucek was having a decent game. I’d have rather had him on the pitch still than Antonio, tbh.
  • Got to pick up my second train at 6:15pm

So we'll score 6:16pm...
  • Got to pick up my second train at 6:15pm

So we'll score 6:16pm...

I'll take that tbh.
  • Antonio must have his boots on the wrong feet, can't even control the ball.
  • This has been a great game. I wish I was a neutral for this one!
  • First bit of anything good from Antonio.
  • Villa are just such cheats, the way McGinn dived to the floor, then Martinez making out he's injured.

And now 3-1.