Aston Villa (A)4:30pm Sunday 22 Oct (Sky Sports)

Comments

• We need to smash them ,something about them i dont like ,just cant put my finger on it
  • After today's results, a win could take us to 5th place........Nurse!!

Now you’ve gone and done it
  • As expected, unchanged:

Areola, Coufal, Zouma ©, Aguerd, Emerson, Álvarez, Souček, Ward-Prowse, Bowen, Paquetá, Antonio
    Subs: Fabiański (GK), Kehrer, Mavropanos, Ogbonna, Fornals, Benrahma, Kudus, Ings, Mubama
  • Been a pretty even 10 minutes I’d say
  • It’s end to end stuff but we’re looking a bit suspect at the back with the through ball.
  • Yeah the second 10 minutes they’ve taken charge a bit - Watkins definitely should have scored.
  • Paqueta sprinting to the left back position because Emerson was up the pitch and they were breaking. Things you love to see.
  • Ladies equalise against Liverpool in 5th minute I’d added time.
  • We started positively but struggling to do anything now.
  • Areola maybe should do better there. I know he sees it late, but when you get hands to a strike like that you should be pushing it round the corner.
  • Paqueta switched off too and lost Luiz.
  • Looks like it may have got a nick on the way through.
  • That had been coming for a while.
  • We could end up well beaten here.
  • Villa deserve the lead IMO....But COYI.....
  • A second seems inevitable at the moment.
  • Sorry to say it but Antonio hasn’t looked League 2 standard in the first half, let alone Premier League standard.

I’d like to see Kudus on early. Perhaps even given 45 mins (although I can’t see Moyes doing that).
  • I would like to see Kudus on for Antonio at half time
  • I think the last 10 minutes of the half we seemed far more in it, but vulnerable on the counter. We’ve not looked particularly threatening, and they’ve been the better side. Antonio has been involved a decent amount but not able to affect the game. I wouldn’t mind seeing Kudus on for him.
  • edited October 2023
    A good opening 10 minutes but we've definitely been second best since. Coufal lucky that the Villa player hurdled Coufal's sweeping leg in the penalty area on about 15 minutes I think, a nailed on pen if he hadn't. Watkins obviously shoulda scored the one he dragged just wide, and then the pressure told although it was a poor goal to concede; Watkins unmarked for the assist, Paqueta allowed Luiz to run in completely unmarked and then a slight deflection didn't do Areola any favours but you can't help feeling he might have done better (he did very well with a Luiz shot to the top corner earlier on though).

Antonio has been pretty poor imo; he's believing his own hype and living on past performances too often imo.
  • We've had a few half moments but haven't got the final ball right. The ball in behind is always on against the Villa defence but we haven't got it right even once.

Ultimately, though, I think they're just better than us.
  • It could easily have been 2-0 or 1-1.....
    Over to Moyes, also would like to see Kudus introduced.......COYI
  • Zouma likely to be done for pace as we push forward more. Maybe Kehrer or Mavropanos a better option.
  • We've had a few half moments but haven't got the final ball right. The ball in behind is always on against the Villa defence but we haven't got it right even once.

Ultimately, though, I think they're just better than us.

Stop with the positive vibes Jorderz =)
  • edited October 2023
    Just started my meal break, looking at the numbers Soucek has had just 7 touches in the first half. Are Villa marking him?

On a positive note none of the three players on a yellow have been booked so far

Plus this won't be the first time we've gone a goal down under Moyes and come back

And we have Kudus on the bench
  • That was bad from Paqueta, and Alvarez gives away a penalty.
  • Suicidal play gives them a penalty. Poor from both Paqueta and Alvarez.
  • 2-0 😭😭😭
  • Well that's that then