Moyes In or Moyes Out

Comments

• Areola hasn’t been selected. Scamacca when fit hasn’t either. Emerson not picked over Cresswell when he should have been. Cornet doesn’t have a good injury record which could have been picked up on. Paqueta was put out on the wing yesterday wasn’t he? Aguerd got injured but looks a good player & Kehrer could do with a run in his best position when we are at full strength.

• @OldCastleSwift
    As always with Sullivan, I suspect it's all about the money.

Spot On OCS

• Areola hasn’t been selected. Scamacca when fit hasn’t either. Emerson not picked over Cresswell when he should have been. Cornet doesn’t have a good injury record which could have been picked up on. Paqueta was put out on the wing yesterday wasn’t he? Aguerd got injured but looks a good player & Kehrer could do with a run in his best position when we are at full strength.

I didn’t say there weren’t reasons. My point is, for various reasons, they haven’t contributed.
  • My premise for wanting him gone (and I have said it at least twice on here but the length of time that passes only shows IMO that its correct) has always been a lack of faith that he can be tactically adept and find a different way to play. Its been obvious that teams have worked us out and the things we were doing well in the recent past and definitely in that past category now.

Whatever anyone thinks about replacements, I do believe there are plenty of managers out there that have a modern, fluid tactic mindset. What still seems painfully obvious to me as Moyes still doesn't inspire us or coach us to do anything new or different.
  • 🙌🏻
    Credit where credits due tho, it was the Slack man who mentioned and ‘wants’ Carrick appointed with immediate affect 😜
    #moyesout
  • So Moyes is still here is he =)
  • Carrick is an interesting one. There is certainly a level of risk, not only for West Ham but also Carrick himself in coming to us now.

The article highlights his loyalty. If I was him, whilst the lure of West Ham would be significant, I would like to try to complete the season at Middlesborough and win promotion with the team I was building. I would also have a level of 'guilt' about Moyes losing out. How would I be viewed if I failed to keep West Ham in the Premier League?

In reality, I think it unlikely he joins us in the very short term and if he succeeds with getting Middlesborough promoted, I would be surprised if he left them to come to us (especially if - hopefully not - we have been relegated).

If Middlesborough fail to get promotion and West Ham manage to avoid relegation it would then become more attractive as I doubt Moyes will be in charge next season.
  • Dodger58 said:

Carrick is an interesting one. There is certainly a level of risk, not only for West Ham but also Carrick himself in coming to us now.

The article highlights his loyalty. If I was him, whilst the lure of West Ham would be significant, I would like to try to complete the season at Middlesborough and win promotion with the team I was building. I would also have a level of 'guilt' about Moyes losing out. How would I be viewed if I failed to keep West Ham in the Premier League?

In reality, I think it unlikely he joins us in the very short term and if he succeeds with getting Middlesborough promoted, I would be surprised if he left them to come to us (especially if - hopefully not - we have been relegated).

If Middlesborough fail to get promotion and West Ham manage to avoid relegation it would then become more attractive as I doubt Moyes will be in charge next season.

I think if we stay up Moyes will be here next year. I think if Boro stay down and we go down he might want to come to us as a ‘bigger’ club.
  • The bloke’s only been managing since last Tuesday!
    I just knew someone would make that “West Ham legend” link.Who’s next on the “ let’s have a guess list” Joe Cole?Carlton?Geoff Hurst?

• Marlon Harewood
  • But has he got his coaching badges?😉
  • edited March 2023

Paul Ince.

Ooh, provocative. =)
  • Slacker said:

But has he got his coaching badges?😉

🙌🏻

• @alderz, I think if we stay up Moyes will be here next year. Surely not?
  • Someone somewhere WILL say Frank Lampard.
  • There's a blogger somewhere who thinks Slacker's an inside source.
  • Sussed.😳
  • @OCS & Lukerz, The board are saying there aren't any better candidates to replace David Moyes. The problem as I see it is David Sullivan is expecting to land a prize catch but instead of fishing in open waters he is trying to find one in the pond at the end of his garden. There are managers in the Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Lique Un or further afield who could invigorate our performances but as you both have indicated our board won't buy them out of their contracts. Was Alan Pardew the last manager we actually hired whilst he was already in a job, if so that was twenty years ago?
  • Being in work doesn’t necessarily mean someone is a good manager. If being in work was the best criteria then why even change manager, when you’ve already got one in work.

The issue for me is that I have no faith that they would do anything other than hire another version of what we already have. They did the “knows the club” appointment in Bilic, they did the “reputation” appointment in Pellegrini. The two appointments they’ve made that have properly worked out are Allardyce and Moyes. I could see Benitez, I could have seen Dyche. But I don’t see the point in either.
  • If we loose to villa it will be Benitez ,you heard it here
  • Please not Benitez.
  • steve said:

If we loose to villa it will be Benitez ,you heard it here

Yeah,at least he’s got his coaching badges eh?😉

• steve said:

If we lose to Villa, Benitez will be too late to save us. We still need 5-6 wins to be sure of survival.
  • edited March 2023
    Pengeman said:

steve said:

If we lose to Villa, Benitez will be too late to save us. We still need 5-6 wins to be sure of survival.
    I think we'll survive with a lot fewer than 5-6 more wins tbh, but Villa is extremely important to go into the international break with a win and out of the bottom 3.
  • I’d be amazed if the anyone needed more than 35 points for survival this season
  • edited March 2023
    alderz said:

I’d be amazed if the anyone needed more than 35 points for survival this season

I did a forecast of results for the bottom 5 clubs a while back; adjusting for actual results since but with my original predictions for the remaining fixtures, there will be one point separating the bottom 5 clubs, with West Ham one of 3 clubs on 34 points (the other 2 on 33) but hopefully without having the worst goal difference.
  • 👏🏻