Other Premier League Games 13th to 19th January

13»

Comments

• Cracking game at the Emirates
  • edited January 2023
    Great, Arteta just booked, I was just typing how annoyed I'm getting with him, the officials are just as bad tho. There's only a yard between the edge of the technical box and the touchline, and yet Arteta has barely been in his designated area at all.
  • Cracking game at the Emirates

yeh, just a shame they can't both lose.....
    But for me Arteta is just too much, can't stand him anymore, and this was never the case until he became The Gooners boss....
  • Yeah I hate United but Arteta is a lot!
  • There was a Brentford player repeatedly standing over the ball when Leeds got a free kick

Eventually the ref booked him but should happen a lot more often
  • He just gets worse. He’s trying to referee games now, just give him a whistle and a couple of cards.
    Horrible horrible little man.
  • Mind, GNev stating it was horrible to see Arteta charging up the line to the 4th Official, and then they showed it and he really didn't, was rather comical.
    Never recall GNev complain about SAF and 'Fergie TIme'.
  • edited January 2023
    Mind you he has achieved one small miracle.He’s made me want Man U to win a game for possibly the first time in my life.
  • edited January 2023
    Cracking goal by Saka, but don't think he should be scoring from there tbh. I'd be very disappointed in my keeper if that was scored against my team.
  • edited January 2023
    Fair play, a fabulous game of football so far......
  • Do they not share the VAR offside lines anymore? Nketiah looked off to me for that 3rd goal but it was given with no on-screen display 🤔
  • They did show a line and he was onside.
  • They did show a line and he was onside.

Ok, cheers, missed that then.
  • Great game and well done Eddie for keeping the Mancs at arms length. I dont like Arteta but the Arsenal team has a lot to like about them
  • Bazshuayi said:

I dont like Arteta but the Arsenal team has a lot to like about them

Yeah, I think he's no.2 on my list of most disliked current managers, Klopp obviously looking like winning for the 8th season on the trot. 😂🤣😂

• Arteta for me over steps the mark…Making himself easy to dislike…
    Hoping that they slip and fall allowing Man City to come to the top, the best of a unlikeable lot!
  • Anyone but City (and Spurs of course)
  • Pray city win it. I think I just dislike whoever is top of the league but I never feel like that with City. They always seem to show a bit more class for me.
  • I dislike Arteta, but I’d rather there was a different winner this year, and at least Arsenal have history and aren’t only there because of dirty money.
  • Such a shame that that odious little man is their manager as they sure are good to watch.
  • edited January 2023
    City have won two titles in a row, four times in five seasons, its getting a bit too much like Man U under SAF or Liverpool in the 80s

Definitely Arsenal's turn

City to beat Arsenal in the Cup
  • City have good fans and its not their fault that the club has manipulated money/income since they took over. I dont particularly dislike City because of their history as they were a good old fashioned decent club. It's the current day dominance I don't like (maybe when Pep retires like Ferguson they'll struggle at least initially to find a good replacement). That would be the case against any team (unless we were dominating and then I'd happily rub it in peoples faces :) )
  • I also don’t hate City for the money personally. So many clubs are oil rich, and so many more will become oil rich, that it feels like it’s incidental these days. I just don’t like that they win every year. I want competition, and if teams like Arsenal can’t win the league then it’ll be another division with one team winning ten on the trot.
  • City is money but also the combination with Pep. They could've been like Chelsea and sacked him because he hasn't won the champions league and but they've stuck by a manager and dominated.

I hate Chelsea far more.

I don't like Arteta, I though Wenger deserved more respect from his fans, but I'm happy for Arsenal to win it over the others.
  • There cant be many Gooner fans who dont respect and appreciate what Wenger did for them (and over a very long period too). Maybe it was a familiarity breeds contempt thing? Maybe he was around so long the younger fans expected a certain level of their recent past that wasn't coming anymore? Whatever the case, we'd have been very lucky to have him (and I still wouldn't mind him/his playing style at West Ham)
  • Entitlement.

Happy flowers.