West Ham Manager - have your say here.

13»

Comments

• Was that when he complained to his therapist that he regularly wakes up in the middle of the night with a cold sweat
  • Looks like Potter may be available soon.
  • Potter to West Ham, Moyes to Everton, Lampard in the bin. Sorted.
  • On Saturday Ex said
    I have sent numerous messages out this morning to the various sources I have at top level and the feedback I have received is that the club back the manager.

The exact quote I got from my top source was “We back the manager. There are no obvious replacements available. IF DM was unemployed and we looked to change manager he’d be the exact person we’d bring in”

So whether West Ham fans like it or not it appears that David Moyes is the manager for the short term at least.

Scott Parker has just been hired as Club Brugge's new manager so scratch him off the list of possible Moyes replacements

Brugge sacked Carl Hoefkens after six months despite reaching the Champions League last 16 for the first time ever.
  • Hopefully Parker wasn't on the list in the first place.
  • ASLEF, Please try and keep up I posted this last year -

See Scott Parker is off our list of potential new managers, IF we need one 😉, as he is taking over at Bruges.

=)
  • Choosing the next manager is the real problem. The choices boil down to a) a Big Name (who won't come); b) a Mediocre Name (who won't be an improvement); or c) an Unknown Foreign or Lower League Name (who is...unknown) a) and b) will be out of work, so dammed as Losers. C) dammed as Haven't Won Anything.
    I'd like him/her to be positive, focus on team spirit, and have more than one game plan.
    Nobes it is 😉😆
  • Claret & Hugh reckons if Moyes goes we could offer Dyche a contract until the end of the season

https://www.claretandhugh.info/hammers-could-consider-short-term-manager-contract/
  • That’s really some blokes opinion, lots of “ maybes, could and possible “ type stuff really.
  • If we go for Dyche (I cant believe I am saying this) what would be the point! We might as well keep Moyes! (and wait for Potter)
  • Further to Baz's comment, it would be interesting if Chelsea do decide to part with Potter. Whilst I appreciate what Moyes has done for the club, I am beginning to think his time is almost up and if Potter became available, I'd be pleased to see him come to us.

But no point in replacing hime with a Dyche or similar.
  • There arent many I'd want less than Dyche. I'd even prefer his replacement who is taking Burnley back up after the former Prem team basically got rid of all their decent players (yes, they didnt have many but players like Dwight McNeil wouldve surely helped them after relgation if they'd stayed)
  • IF you give the job to Dyche on a short term basis with a bonus for keeping us up what is the next step. Well done Sean here is a new three year contract? Poch is probably waiting for Potter to go at some point so try as we won't he isn't going to come to us. Tuchel might just to try to prove CFC wrong? Anyway David Moyes will win the next two, as he has to, & all the debate will be over, won't it?
  • Let's hope so.
  • Or take 2 defeats on the chin in hope of a new ‘modern’ day manager 🏃🏻
  • Ravel49 said:

Or take 2 defeats on the chin in hope of a new ‘modern’ day manager 🏃🏻

There's no way we'll employ a "modern" manager if we lose the next two as we'd be at best 19th and quite possibly bottom of the table.
  • Ravel49, I like your thinking but what's the criteria we would be looking at? Currently unemployed, experienced in the EPL & willing to join us especially in the bigger mess we would be in IF we lost the next two games. Quite a few of the names that spring to mind make me want to hid behind the sofa.
  • is BFS available still =)
  • edited January 2023
    If they say they don't have anyone in mind, then I think it's too late for anyone who wants to implement any kind of particular plan. They usually need the right amount of time to put those plans into place, sign the right players and work on it through pre-season. If we do it now, a "modern" manager probably just ends up looking like nothing football and not much different to our current struggles. Look at Potter right now.

Moyes can frustrate me but I still think he has the right to try and work things out. It is getting hard to stand by that but I don't see the realistic alternatives. I don't think he'll take us down and I can't see who would actually turn us around.

I'd love to be wrong and see a new manager come and do well. I'd also love to see Moyes turn it around. Just want to see us save something from this season, however it comes but think we might just have to accept it being a bit rough and hope there's some joy for us in the conference league.
  • Let’s just win the Conference League and finish 17th and the European dream stays alive for next season. Easy peasy.
  • That's what most were saying pre season as far as I remember. Maybe an FA Cup run for free as well.
This discussion has been closed.