The World Cup Squads and Preamble; And it's ... Live!!

Comments

• Argentina have annoyingly started well against France, the French look rattled
  • The softest of penalties awarded. Messi gets his World Cup final goal.

Almost as if it was inevitable.
  • edited December 2022
    Argentina get a free kick because Messi jumps into a player. Seems about right.
  • Great second goal though
  • Great second goal though

Still feeling annoyed……..but credit where due
  • edited December 2022
    Things interesting now, 2-2.

2 goals in 2 minutes. Game on.
  • edited December 2022
    Now it gets interesting, did not see that coming whatsoever, great second goal
  • What just happend .i was dozzing and then this
  • That was a truly exciting end to normal time, France Re energized and Argentina hanging on. Both teams created good chances to win it leading up to extra time.

• Don’t want Mbappe to score again whoever wins. No more final hat tricks please.
  • Don’t want Messi to score again now either.
  • edited December 2022
    Drama, penalty to France.

3-3, Mbappe hat-trick.
  • Well that’s Mbappe’s hat trick but Geoff’s is still the first.
  • And he needs two penalties - they shouldnt count ;)
  • Either side could have won it in added time at the very end.

Penalties it is then.
  • edited December 2022
    Gutted that Argentina have won, but c'est la vie.

A couple of poor penalties from France, and Lloris coulda saved any of the first 3 from Argentina.
  • Totally deserved win for Argentina. Really good game for a final, although France weren't in it until 10 minutes from the end. Mac Allister MOTM for me. Messi becomes one of the immortals and deservedly so.

Great tournament.
  • They deserved it really but you could tell from the faces of a couple of the French players that they didn’t fancy taking one. Martinez should have been booked at least twice in the shoot out but at least the ref booked him once.
  • I won't be listening to the radio or watching SSN for the next week. It will be non stop Messi 24/7.
  • Probably the GOAT so he deserves the attention. At least he'll keep the SKY 6 in the shade until after Christmas.
  • Wonder what CR7 is thinking never easy to be second best at something =)
  • Well, I don’t know how many hundreds or possibly thousands of games of football I’ve seen but it still has the capacity to take my breath away. That game had the absolute lot.
    So pleased that the greatest player of his generation got what he deserved, a World Cup winner’s medal.
    That game will live long in my memory.
  • IronHerb said:

Totally deserved win for Argentina. Really good game for a final, although France weren't in it until 10 minutes from the end. Mac Allister MOTM for me. Messi becomes one of the immortals and deservedly so.

Great tournament.

For the 1st time I agree with everything you said. ;)
    I'm also happy for Manu, tough on Areola though.
  • At lest Geoff Hurst is still the only player to score a hat trick to win the world cup
  • edited December 2022
    steve said:

At lest Geoff Hurst is still the only player to score a hat trick to win the world cup

Plus, and much more importantly, he scored them in open play.
  • Off to France today for the week 😮 so it could be an interesting experience!
  • You wearing your Argentina shirt?
  • IronHerb said:

You wearing your Argentina shirt?

Not if he wants to use his return ticket. =)