Leicester City v West Ham, Sun 13th Feb 16:30 SKY.

Comments

• happyish, happyish, joyish, joyish
  • A point is better than none

But does feel like the season is petering out....

Its a miracle we're still even in the conversation about top 4, mostly because no one is really taking control of it
  • I thought we were pretty poor, but better than we were against Man Utd, Kidderminster & Watford.
  • Man, idk, I thought we were awful. Benrahma looked like the only player to take any responsibility in the second half.
  • Having said that, if Cresswell doesn’t decide to play volleyball I think we go into half time one up, and maybe go on to win it.
  • Bowen and Rice are the only players in form and playing well consistently.

Some are playing terribly, like Soucek, Cresswell and Coufal.
  • That’s why I rarely post on a match until it’s over.
    The negativity on here is a sight to behold. <3
  • A welcome point. Cresswell and Coufal were awful. Diop was under pressure but did OK. Antonio anonymous an Soucek wasn'y that effective. I can't see us finishing in the 4th spot. Even the 6th would be a bonus. May be we will win one of the Cups.
  • alderz said:

Man, idk, I thought we were awful. Benrahma looked like the only player to take any responsibility in the second half.

He at least took players on and it was his block shot that lead to the corner. Lanzini and Fornals were poor.

But you know what'll happen. Moyes will start Benrahma v Newcastle, he'll struggle and we'll be calling for Lanzini.

Problems across the pitch though. Fullbacks are horrible at the moment, Soucek a shadow of his last season self and Antonio was missing for large parts again this evening.
  • You always go through periods where you struggle for form collectively. When that happens, you have to grind out points & we did against Watford & we did today. Should have got a 0-0 at Man Utd too.
  • Sing 2 was good. Anyway what did I miss?
  • Slacker said:

That’s why I rarely post on a match until it’s over.
    The negativity on here is a sight to behold. <3 </p>

To be fair, I think the negativity reflects the performance. Like I say, a good point in the end, but we haven't played well for a while now, and it's frustrating to see the same issues show themselves knowing we could have done something about it last month.

But I won't dwell. It's Super Bowl Sunday and I have no preference who wins tonight . Will make a nice change to not be so emotionally invested in a ball game.
  • Hamstew said:

Sing 2 was good. Anyway what did I miss?

Diop did well, fair play to him
  • Is it me, I don’t rate Coufal at all, can’t cross a ball and can’t beat a man
  • Hamstew said:

Sing 2 was good. Anyway what did I miss?

Diop did well, fair play to him
    I thought both CBs played well actually. Typical that we've been so worried about that position and both Leicester goals come from poor play from our fullbacks.
  • edited February 2022
    DJ Hammer said:

Is it me, I don’t rate Coufal at all, can’t cross a ball and can’t beat a man

He has regressed this season. He struggles to get the ball out his feet & then either 1) passes it backwards 2) runs it out of play or 3) runs up the line before losing it. When he rarely gets a cross in it’s rubbish & his forward passing is sloppy. He was roasted by Barnes too.
  • edited February 2022
    We were mediocre at best today. If we want 4th we really must start taking advantage of the slip ups of others. If not the season will peter out into mid table. Too many people feeling their place is secure for me.
    We are fighting to the end of games now though, which is good to see from behind the sofa.🛋⚒
  • Little difference between the ball hitting Cresswell's upper arm and Dawson's upper arm. One went against us, and one for us. Karma methinks
  • BBC seem to state Bowen was limping heavily as he left the field.
  • We got away with the equaliser as Cress handball was on the sleeve, yet Dawson scored with the same part of the arm.
  • edited February 2022
    Got out of jail there IMO.
    Leicester far better than us in 2nd half, or rather we were poor…
    Lanzini has taken lots of criticism on here today, personally thought he was better than Fornals and Soucek, those two have really been , not as good as they can, but we all see different things.
    I’d personally like to see Lanzini and Benrahma start next game rather than Fornals and Benrahma …
    Diop - well played, highly under the cosh from fans for recent performances, considering the circumstances he didn’t do much wrong…
    Brendan obviously saw the weak link , our right side, Coufal was targeted, perhaps Bowen didn’t offer as much help as sometimes before, but he run himself all over the pitch and looked shattered towards the end…
    So after Zoumagate this week and his bizarre disappearance ( eye issues/ dizziness or something) before kick off, a poor 2nd half, a point was perhaps not bad in the end but the performance again, a little concerning….
  • OCS as someone else said to grind out wins and draws when you’re not firing is progress.
    I still can’t get used to seeing us in the top four at this stage of a season.
  • Slacker said:

OCS as someone else said to grind out wins and draws when you’re not firing is progress.

Yeah, we've definitely progressed. We're harder to beat and can grind points out.

That said, I really think we could be doing better still. Maybe I'm being greedy, but we could comfortably be 4th if we had a deeper and more balanced squad.
  • Well, yes.

If we had an even deeper, more balances squad and highly skilled players in all positions we'd be Man City and we'd definitely be doing better.
  • Seems like none of Lanzini, Benrahma, Fornals or Vlasic can make any impact when starting the game, but whoever doesn't start comes on and does well.

Which is pretty irritating.
  • Slacker said:

OCS as someone else said to grind out wins and draws when you’re not firing is progress.

Yeah, we've definitely progressed. We're harder to beat and can grind points out.

That said, I really think we could be doing better still. Maybe I'm being greedy, but we could comfortably be 4th if we had a deeper and more balanced squad.
    Take a look at the spending power of the three clubs above us ( and most of those around us) and we are doing brilliantly.

• edited February 2022
    MrsGrey said:

Well, yes.

If we had an even deeper, more balances squad and highly skilled players in all positions we'd be Man City and we'd definitely be doing better.

Obviously. But even within our budget I believe we should have a better squad than we do.
  • 4 points out of the last 2 games is a great return for how badly we played in both.

Performances will surely improve, so nice to get some points when we're struggling a bit.

Old West Ham used to lose when playing badly and lose when playing well.
  • edited February 2022
    Thought OCS was just referring to a deeper, balanced squad.

Like a proper striker, not a converted player or youth player, it's unfair on Antonio and if we move Bowen there, perhaps the players around to fill his place are not up to it/ as good as Bowen.

That and also a LB are areas that majority of fans feel we SHOULD have already improved/or at least some decent back up, not having to play Yarmelenko or Arthur ( when fit ) good going forward, we all know his defending is not so....but hey I'm chuffed, we seem not to be in a relegation fight this season....!!! ( that was a joke!! )
  • Watching Freddie Flintoff bungee jumping down a dam, whilst strapped into an old Metro, was less stressful than watching us play Leicester 🤪