Leicester City v West Ham, Sun 13th Feb 16:30 SKY.

Following on from two emphatic victories the Hammers turn out at the King Power Stadium to not only endure those horrendous clackers but also face a Leicester team, who like us, are searching for form.

I suspect it will be the same starting XI for us, although I would prefer Lanzini over Benrahma.

A winnable game for sure but we do need to up our game.

2-1 Hammers. COYI ⚒

Comments

• edited February 2022
    Benrahma's form doesn't warrant a start, but I think he might get one if we're planning to play on the break as we'll need his pace. Neither Lanzini for Fornals have the turn of speed that Benrahma does, so for that reason alone I think he'll probably start.

No chance that Moyes drops Zouma now he's made it clear he's only interested in managing the football side of things, so I think we'll see the same line-up as we did last night.

Antonio really needs to up his game because he's been in terrible form lately. We got away with it last night because Watford, for all their effort, weren't very good, but I expect a much tougher game against Leicester.

I think the best we'll get is a point. 1-1 I reckon.
  • I still think Zouma selection maybe up in the air if there is too much public , or sponsers, outcry about playing last night.
  • You had me at 'horrendous clackers' :(
  • You know what I mean.......
  • Leicester are a bit of a shambles right now. It might be a bit like a house of cards being challenged by a blancmange. Other similes can be offered....
  • Rodgers has dropped Soyuncu to the bench against Liverpool, Ndidi preferred at CB.

Third time Ndidi has played as a CB this season, previous two were both against Liverpool and Leicester lost both. Ominous

Tielemans on the bench too, Dewsbury-Hall starting instead

Vardy, Evans, Castange, Fofana and Bertrand all injured
  • edited February 2022
    Interesting piece in The Guardian today about Antonio
    the striker has been out of form. But that is partly because of the way that opponents have tended to start playing against West Ham, sitting deep and leaving Antonio no room to run into.
    I must admit I'd not noticed, too busy watching us to register how the other side were defending

It does offer some good news
    Brendan Rodgers’ side are unlikely to play like that at the King Power, not least because they do not have a reliable defence.
  • Yes I think that's correct, though it's been true since the start of the season and he was still scoring. I think because of how they defend he's been roaming too much instead of getting into the right position for simple finishes. During his best form his finishes were often quite simple.

Haven't we scored 3/4 against Leicester the last few times we've played? The way they play has suited us so far so let's hope they don't change that.
  • We scored 10 in the last three (4-1, 3-2, 3-0) and the last time we didn't score against Leicester was 31 December 2016
  • They really need a win and we're playing pretty poorly. I'm worried.
  • We don't need too many negatives. OCS has that covered plus he quite often brings results 😉
  • Zouma will be available for the game.
  • BreakingZouma available for Leicester

Leicester v West Ham (Sun, 16:30 GMT)

West Ham manager David Moyes has said Kurt Zouma is available from Sunday’s Premier League game at Leicester.

“He is available to play. Different views whether he should be available. We decided he should. I stand by that.”

From BBC
  • my guess its a no win, so they will play him as it gives a better chance of a win on the pitch, the chants from the home fans will be spicy though
  • Lawro says 1-1

Antonio hat trick?
  • edited February 2022
    How can Lawro say Antonio hat trick when he says 1-1 he gets worse =) =) =)
  • We scored 10 in the last three (4-1, 3-2, 3-0) and the last time we didn't score against Leicester was 31 December 2016

I’ll give you one guess which game I was at.

• So was I & apologies to everyone guess who is going to the game on Sunday.
  • Fabianski
    Johnson - Dawson - Zouma - Cresswell
    Soucek - Rice
    Bowen - Fornals - Lanzini
    Antonio
  • Michael Oliver again - in the home game VAR gave the straight red to Perez
    when Oliver hadn't even given a free kick despite being right in front of him.
  • The wife has just booked tickets for the cinema at 4:30 😭
  • Hamstew said:

The wife has just booked tickets for the cinema at 4:30 😭

Ham, who's she going with? =)
  • Hamstew said:

Ham, who's she going with? =)
    If only
  • Hamstew said:

One minute Ham, I'll dig out a number for a divorce solicitor
  • Hamstew said:

Boil the kettle, put your face in the steam, cough and complain of a headache. Talk about the colleague that tested positive the other day.

You'll be feet up in front of the TV for the build-up.
  • I guess the good news is if I can't watch it we'll mostly likely win playing the greatest football we've ever played.
  • I hope it’s Death on the Nile , it’s good
  • Ham - tell us how Unchartered is 👍
  • Ham loves Tom Holland.

Pass it on.