January Transfer Window

Comments

• alderz said:

Kieran Trippier, I guess

Although he's gone to Geordieland after two and a half years in Madrid.
  • I see it's a year to the day that Haller left.

Mad that we've had over half of the last window, all of the summer window and we're almost a third of the way through this window and we still haven't replaced him.
  • And in the meantime we've gone nowhere.
  • We've obviously done well in spite of not having a second striker, but who knows how much better we'd have been with one.
  • We've obviously done well in spite of not having a second striker, but who knows how much better we'd have been with one.

Or a second CB pairing
  • So available players include:
    Tarkowski <£10m
    Lingard maybe £15m
    Origi unsure
    Digne maybe loan but probably £25m+
    Wijnaldum loan
    Ramsey free

Not many signings usually happen in January but wow, we have a huge opportunity to improve in areas that need it.
  • They have to be right signings Moyes has always said he won’t sign players for the sake of it. I am sure he make the right choice probably at the end of the window as usual .
  • I’m sure he’ll want Tarkowski. He was the CB he wanted a year ago. We ended up with Zouma after a season of progress but I am sure he is looking at him as a potential longer term partner for Zouma given Ogbonna’s age.
  • They have to be right signings Moyes has always said he won’t sign players for the sake of it. I am sure he make the right choice probably at the end of the window as usual .

We have Norwich (H), Leeds (H) and Man U (A) before the window closes. I like to believe we can deal with the first two with what we have. Man U will be tougher.
    So, imo, there is no rush to sign players. Obviously covid may have a hand but that in itself will not cause us to buy any earlier.
  • we're buying no one. At best a loan deal.
  • I'm wondering if behind the scenes clubs are asking about vaccination status, and rejecting players who aren't vaccinated.

Personally, I think they should.
  • I’m not sure Burnley are selling Tarkowsi. Maybe we can get him on a free in the summer.

On the other hand if we had spent money on a Haller replacement we may not have been able to afford a Zouma

Its not always so easy to improve, if it was then everyone would do it

We're the 4th highest scorers in the league with 37 goals in 20 games, only behind City, Liverpool and Chelsea, 3 of the richest and strongest teams in Europe

Would like a new CF obviously cost a lot and often don't always work out, a lot were fuming as we didn't go in for Armstrong or Ings and neither have been a roaring success, Armstrong has 2 goals in 14(2) and Ings has 4 in 12(2) while Antonio has 8 in 18 (plus 5 assists and his general game)

Origi for £8mil does seem a brilliant deal and I would like for us to go for it, don't think he's great but he is a good finisher and good option off the bench without dropping £20mil+

On the other hand if we had spent money on a Haller replacement we may not have been able to afford a Zouma

Its not always so easy to improve, if it was then everyone would do it

We're the 4th highest scorers in the league with 37 goals in 20 games, only behind City, Liverpool and Chelsea, 3 of the richest and strongest teams in Europe

Would like a new CF obviously cost a lot and often don't always work out, a lot were fuming as we didn't go in for Armstrong or Ings and neither have been a roaring success, Armstrong has 2 goals in 14(2) and Ings has 4 in 12(2) while Antonio has 8 in 18 (plus 5 assists and his general game)

Origi for £8mil does seem a brilliant deal and I would like for us to go for it, don't think he's great but he is a good finisher and good option off the bench without dropping £20mil+
    This very much this.☝️

The voice of reason.👏
  • we're buying no one. At best a loan deal.

Great to have someone on here with a direct link to the board.
  • I’m not sure Burnley are selling Tarkowsi. Maybe we can get him on a free in the summer.

I agree

Burnley are 18th with 11points, selling Tarkowski and/or Mee in January would almost guarantee relegation

The clever move is to stay up, let Tarkowski leave on a free and keep the TV money for another season
  • Other problem with Tarkowski is he is another who has spent his career as a RCB. It really is a dedicated LCB we could do with.

I agree

Burnley are 18th with 11points, selling Tarkowski and/or Mee in January would almost guarantee relegation

The clever move is to stay up, let Tarkowski leave on a free and keep the TV money for another season
    The bad move would be to go down and lose him on a free
  • Traore rumors heating up. Exactly the direct outlet player we need. Fingers crossed
  • edited January 2022
    Let's get Divock
  • EXETER, No lets get David.
  • Cresswell due back Wednesday (possibly in squad tomorrow) & Zouma within a month, according to C&H.
  • Just an insight from the betting markets regard some of the players we are linked with.

Lingard staying at Man Utd
    Tarkowski Staying at Burnley
    Ake going to Newcastle
    Traore going to Spurs
    Nat Phillips going West Ham or Newcastle
    Digne going to Chelsea
    Ramsey most likely if leaving Juventus ...... Crystal Palace!
  • That shows where random punters are putting their money. I'm not sure it's all that good an indication of what's happening in reality?
  • edited January 2022

Traore rumors heating up. Exactly the direct outlet player we need. Fingers crossed

Unfortunately he has no end play, hardly any assists or goals.
    7 goals in over 150 PL games. What a bargain.

So definitely fingers crossed that he goes elsewhere
  • MrsGrey said:

That shows where random punters are putting their money. I'm not sure it's all that good an indication of what's happening in reality?

I agree but it's interesting to see at this early stage to what degree they end up being accurate. Quite often they end up more accurate than some of the journos who report anything.
  • Chris Wood off to Newcastle according to Telegraph.
  • I can't see Burnley selling Wood to Newcastle unless it's for really stupid money.
  • All the money in the world and they want wood
  • Heavy rumours that Digne is in negotiations with Villa. They're throwing money around again by the looks of it.
This discussion has been closed.