January Transfer Window

Comments

• edited January 2022
    It looks like 3-6 being between
    Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Man Utd West Ham and Wolves.

In my view that's the order they will finish also. I think we are not consistent enough lately and that will be our downfall. My hope is that as Man Utd also suffer with consistency we could nick 6th from them which would ensure Europa next season, I would settle for that.

My view on the others
    Chelsea - Not capable of threatening the other two now but best of rest
    Arsenal - Although I hate to say it Arteta has done a great job, instilled muscle in them missing since the Viera days.
    Spurs - Sadly changed manager too early to waste their season and Conte is a safe pair of hands.
    Man Utd - Could begin to gel but could just as likely become OGS mark two.
    Wolves - Not out of a Europa spot as I have liked the look of them and only a player or two away from stepping up, very similar position to ourselves.
  • Daily Express regurgitating Nat Phillips and Ben Brereton Diaz rumours

TalkSport twitter claim that Lingard is available on loan for £3.5m

"I don't like it, it's too quiet..."
  • c&bsky, Does 6th mean Europa League? I thought it depends on who wins the FA Cup.
  • edited January 2022
    I'm sure someone said it would depend on the caraboa cup game. Then 7th would do it.
  • Hamstew, I understand 5th & FA Cup winners - Europa / Carabao Cup win - ECL. 6th & 7th place only come into the equation if the cup winners finish in the top five.
  • We better win the cup then or the Europa.
  • Wolves reject a £15m bid from Spurs for Traore, 90mins reckon they want £22m

And Spurs are trying to move Ndombele to Roma, PSG, Napoli, AC Milan, Atletico Madrid or Barcelona depending on which website you read
  • I would enjoy seeing Traore play for us @ 22M
  • With Bowen, Benrahma, Lanzini, Fornals and Vlasic already on our books I don't think we would see much of Traore
  • Pretty sure people said much the same about Lingard not being needed, not getting a huge amount of game time. (Not that I want Traore)
  • edited January 2022
    I don't think Traore would be considered competition for Lanzini and Fornals. I think Moyes sees them as CM/CAM players.

If we did sign him, it'd be as an alternative to Antonio and Bowen as a striker/winger, IMO. Basically a Yarmolenko replacement.
  • Saw some journo yesterday saying that Man. U wouldn’t sell Lingard to us as we’re a top four rival.
    Quite put a little spring in my step that.
  • Patrick Schick rumoured must be to get our Czech quota up
  • I wonder if the lack of opportunity Kral has had will deter Schick?
    If 'yes', shame, if 'no' then he's the right type of person for the club.
  • Personally I would really like to see Belotti in a West Ham shirt. There were rumours around him a few months ago, but all quiet more recently - fingers crossed that's a good sign.
  • I'm starting to think we aren't going to sign anybody this window.
  • Patrick Schick rumoured must be to get our Czech quota up

Quite a few injuries.
    https://www.transfermarkt.com/patrik-schick/verletzungen/spieler/242086
  • With Bowen, Benrahma, Lanzini, Fornals and Vlasic already on our books I don't think we would see much of Traore

Because he's too quick? ;)
  • I don't think Traore would be considered competition for Lanzini and Fornals. I think Moyes sees them as CM/CAM players.

If we did sign him, it'd be as an alternative to Antonio and Bowen as a striker/winger, IMO. Basically a Yarmolenko replacement.

Fornals or Benni plus Bowen, Antonio AND Traore as a front four would make me sit up and take notice especially on the counter (you ay or may not ask why I am on the counter typing this)
  • Patrik Schick is in the second year of a 5-year contract with Bayer Leverkusen. Sky reckons they'd want £50m and along with every other footballer on the planet he's been linked with a move to Newcastle

The Indy published an interview with him yesterday, he said

"I’m really happy in Leverkusen and with my life in Germany so at this moment I’m not thinking about being transferred somewhere."
  • The problem we have with all of our attacking midfielders is that while they're good, none of them are fast and direct. They all want to cut inside. Bowen's probably the fastest but it's not quite enough to beat someone outright and we could do with an outlet. Lingard was able to get us steaming up the pitch. So I can see where Moyes might think Traore could work and I think he'd probably quite easily take Vlasic's place as a sub at least.

I'm not sure we are going to see him anyway but I think there would be some logic to it if it happened.
  • Re Traore you’re all coming round to my thinking aren’t you?😎
  • Benni Traore and Bowen swarming all over the place quickly. You know you're picturing it (and the groans when Traore fluffs it after getting into amazing positions)
  • So Moyes signed Vlasic for (a rumoured) £25.7m plus £7.7m add ons on a 5 year contract (with 1 year option) and 5 months later were going to spend £22m to replace him on the bench with Traore

I suppose its better than spending £36m on Anderson...
  • Bazshuayi said:

I don't think Traore would be considered competition for Lanzini and Fornals. I think Moyes sees them as CM/CAM players.

Fornals or Benni plus Bowen, Antonio AND Traore as a front four would make me sit up and take notice especially on the counter (you ay or may not ask why I am on the counter typing this)
    Not a striker amongst them though.
  • I think we all agree we want to see an actual striker.
  • So Moyes signed Vlasic for (a rumoured) £25.7m plus £7.7m add ons on a 5 year contract (with 1 year option) and 5 months later were going to spend £22m to replace him on the bench with Traore

I suppose its better than spending £36m on Anderson...

I seriously dont think Traore will come here but if he did there's no reason to think that he will be taking Vlasics place. Firstly, because Vlasic hasnt done anything to earn a place and he, like Traore, can play in more than one position. So it wouldnt be to replace him
  • IronHerb said:

Bazshuayi said:

IronHerb said:

Bazshuayi said:

I already asked Father Christmas for Origi and he didnt come down the chimney! Believe me I didnt even want to conteplate Benteke until the other day when I felt particularly desperate ;)
  • Sounds like newspaper rubbish. If they don’t think he’s good enough for their team and sometimes even the bench why should they fear him playing for us.
This discussion has been closed.