Hornets 🐝 v Hammers ⚒ - Tuesday 28th, 3pm

Comments

• Great two saves at the death from Fab

Big 3 points, really needed that

Now to get a new CB
  • Just so nice to win again. Vlasic getting his goal could be a big moment, too.
  • What was Dawson doing giving it away like that
  • and the spuds held by a 10 man saints
  • Fabianski putting his mush on the line. Excellent.
  • It's a result that we needed, hopefully will give us a kick on
  • happy happy joy joy at last
  • Missed this feeling
  • edited December 2021
    Previous Watford manager got 7 points from 7 games and got the tin tac. Ranieri has got 6 points from 10 games, he'll be lucky to get much longer
  • edited December 2021
    “When can Arreola come in? Fab never saves us any more”

That aged …..

• edited December 2021
    Bowen has been good lately but I think that was his best performance since signing. He deserved that goal as well so a shame about the decision.

I’ve always said I want to see Benrahma and Lanzini play together more and I think they do both benefit from it.
  • Fair play to Noble...IMO never looked out of place today...allbeit against an average side...but he never let us down.......
  • We were good, Watford were very poor.
  • Bowen was class
  • edited December 2021

Bowen was class

Shhh, don't give him ideas, or mention the Scousers are sniffing around =)

Seriously though, that assist for Vlasic's goal was pure gold. He looked up and picked out Vlasic who anticipating the pass made space for himself. A typical Citeh goal actually.
  • edited December 2021

Bowen was class

Looking for tips on special training programmes .. thank goodness that is a well-kept secret!
  • Watford are a Championship side, Sissoko and Dennis were possibly their only Premier League level players

And we go Dawson from Watford
  • 9 points from safety :)
  • edited December 2021
    MrsGrey said:

Bowen was class

Looking for tips on special training programmes .. thank goodness that is a well-kept secret!
    Too late, it's out there =)

• Well I enjoyed that.
    Maybe it was seeing Antonio back to something like form,Nobes rolling back the years, Vlasic looking so chuffed at getting his first goal, Fab pulling off some fabulous saves,playing well and winning without Declan OR it might be the very morish JD Honey I got for Christmas.Either way it feels good.⚒
  • This game shows that there's still work to be done on the Rice-Soucek partnership. At the moment it feels like one has to lessen their game to allow the other more freedom.

Soucek is a much better player when he's allowed to roam.
  • Rice’s driving can help us when a team is deep but there needs to be more give and take in that partnership and we can’t just try to appease him. Soucek getting forward leads to more goals. He does a lot with very few touches.
  • Soucek is more of a threat in the opposition box and Rice is better defensively. I think we're actually making it more difficult than it needs to be.

If Moyes wants Rice to be more progressive, I think he needs to play Kral ahead of Soucek. Kral is better defensively than his compatriot, IMO, and would be the better partner for a more attacking Rice.
  • Bowen was outstanding today. He's been on top form all through these last few weeks in spite of our results to be fair.

Really pleased with Noble's efforts. Thought he had a good game, really involved, made a couple of good challenges/interceptions and kept us ticking over.

Also chuffed that Vlasic got on the score sheet. He has started to make a positive impact the last few appearances in my opinion, and hopefully this can spur him on.

Offensively we were back to our better form which is really pleasing to see.

Still look vulnerable defensively however.

Some superb saves by Fabs today, particularly in the last 10 mins.

COYI!!
  • edited December 2021
    Ideally you want us to go back to Soucek being the further forward of the two. But i dont see Rice giving that up he wants to progress his career to be more all around than just a DM. Its a fine balance as Rice i believe can do it, its just not working for Soucek's game reversing the roles currently.
  • I noticed Kral busting a gut to get into the box a couple of times. Perhaps he is being prepped to play alongside Dec next game to give Soucek a rest?
  • Great 3 points well played lads .Seemed really fit having played 2 days ago ,was johnson injured
  • The point is that we got goals from Soucek last season with him playing the advanced role.
    These goals have dried up with Rice playing in that position.
    Goals win games.
    It doesn't take a genius to work out that Rice has to accept the defensive position. That's down to team orders, over to you DM. ;)
  • edited December 2021
    I agree that we do have a slight conundrum with Rice / Soucek.

In an ideal world they would learn to mix it up 50/50 of who goes, who stays, but we seem to have them in designated seperate roles.

Last season it was Rice hold, Soucek advance. After 19 games we had 32 points.

This season it is Soucek hold, Rice advance. Currently after 19 games we have 31 points.

(Admittedly not matching teams played).

Soucek is definitely more of a goalscorer. However Rice's runs have pushed us up the field regularly and created space and opportunity for others.

If we could get them to develop an understanding for allowing each other the opportunity to advance at the right times it would be perfect.

(EDIT points total wrong way round - now correct)
  • I wish I knew how to develop tactics for a premier league football team.