Hornets ๐Ÿ v Hammers โš’ - Tuesday 28th, 3pm

14567810ยป

Comments

• Jonathan Pearce on MOTD summed it up with something like "that has to be a free kick to West Ham & they won't be happy if something comes from this". One of very few commentators who actually have an opinion on incidents and just don't sit on the fence.

I'm pleased that was included in the highlights, actually. Surprised it was, given it didn't lead to anything, but nice that this level of incompetence is being shown up.

Like Lukerz says, Antonio was fouled so many times but more often than not a foul was given against him. It happens in most games, as it used to with Cole and Carroll too.
  • edited December 2021
    Darren Englands assessment report would have had several issues highlighted mainly bad points!
  • Benni's mum was at the Watford game yesterday, maybe she should be at every game.
  • Darren Englands assessment report would have had several issues highlighted mainly bad points!

Rookie ref with aided by Jonathan Moss on VAR duty...What a fine pair......
  • Watched the game back yesterday evening (you can re-watch if you have Prime) & I watched a lot of Lanzini. I think, personally, for four years he has really stagnated, but I have seen for a few weeks now signs of the old 'Farewell Boleyn' Lanzini.

One thing he stopped doing was going past people which he used to do lots of. He'd pick the ball up & drive past players before laying somebody off or being fouled & then get into the box for a possible goal. He 'seems' to be doing that a lot more now & he also seems to have added a bit more bite to his play, with a few more tackles & 50-50 physical battles which he comes out on top of. He also seems a lot better with getting about the pitch out of possession & closing players down, getting back into shape & getting up & down the pitch. I think he's been a pretty average player since his first two seasons with us (2015/16 & 2016/17) but he is starting to look a little bit like his old self.
  • Tbh, I think "pretty average" is quite generous for most of his performances since his injury until this season, with one or two notable exceptions. I know it was a serious injury, but he really was a shadow of his former self.

I think a few of us saw a little something in the slightly deeper role he played a couple of times at the tail end of last season, but it is really good to finally see him much more like his old self, something which, I admit, I'd more or less given up hoping for.