Hornets 🐝 v Hammers ⚒ - Tuesday 28th, 3pm

Comments

• Rice missing is big, but perhaps a good opportunity for Kral

Would take a scrappy win 100% here, need some inspiration
  • Be interesting to see if moyes goes with kral or Noble
  • Nowhere to put this but the English cricket team are an embarrassment hahaha

I take it that the "hahaha" means you're not interested in cricket Preston. =)
    I love the T20 and 50 over game but since ECB stopped caring about the Test team and are now woefully uncompetitive, I think to myself, if they can't be bothered playing, why should I bother watching.
  • edited December 2021
    After our recent games defensively, I’d be tempted to go with Soucek, Kral & Noble, with Bowen & Vlasic wide.

Pretty certain Noble will start, given all the PR on the social media channels today.
  • Anyway nailed on win today, given I have started the thread and also have lucky socks on
  • There’s also a nice 🦅 emoji for the next match thread I want to utilise
  • Exwhu suggests it's

Fab
    Coufal Dawson Diop Johnson
    Soucek Noble
    Bowen Lanzini Benrahma
    Antonio

Disappointed not to see Kral, may as well have his loan terminated at this point

Also Benrahma needs a big game, so out if form I'd have gone with vlasic or Fornals
  • Fornals not in squad
  • Would have liked to have seen Kral. Think Noble is a bit of an easy cop out. Can't believe Vlasic isn't starting.
  • I can see either a 3-1 for us or 3-1 for them.
  • Come on, West Ham. Wake up a bit today.
  • Cant say i know to much about the Watford team ,Do they have anybody of note missing
  • Noble over Kral? Wow.

Think you could be right Champo; what is the point of Kral staying if he's 4th choice behind a 34-year old Mark Noble?

Lanzini over Vlasic is also an odd one. Moyes is taking a bit of a risk this afternoon; lose and I think he's going to get some serious stick.
  • And how is Yarmolenko still making the squad. A training cone would offer more at this stage.
  • Noble over Kral? Wow.

Think you could be right Champo; what is the point of Kral staying if he's 4th choice behind a 34-year old Mark Noble?

Lanzini over Vlasic is also an odd one. Moyes is taking a bit of a risk this afternoon; lose and I think he's going to get some serious stick.

IMO I think Lanzini deserves to start, but would have agreed with you if you had said Benrahma over Vlasic...
  • Yep Lanzini starting is good for me. Not sure how Benrahma gets so much game time atm.
  • edited December 2021
    On Benrahma, maybe being played to rest others before he leaves for Africa
  • Noble over Kral? Wow.

I think Noble is in the team so that he can organise , motivate and instruct.
  • edited December 2021
    I'm abroad atm, and can't access coverage of the match yet; I would assume that the channel would be broadcasting by now with only 15 minutes to go.

Can anyone confirm whether pre-match coverage has started yet please?
  • John Barnes on pre-game talking about Marlon King instead of Josh. Marlon Ming wasn’t even last decade for Watford.
  • Lukerz said:

Fornals not in squad

According to WHU website Fornals has tested positive for Covid.
  • Watford are the only team in all 4 divisions not to have kept a clean sheet...... please don't let their first one be today
  • yoyo said:

Watford are the only team in all 4 divisions not to have kept a clean sheet...... please don't let their first one be today

This is exactly the kind of stat that West Ham loves.
  • I'm abroad atm, and can't access coverage of the match yet; I would assume that the channel would be broadcasting by now with only 15 minutes to go.

Can anyone confirm whether pre-match coverage has started yet please?

Yes, started on Amazon prime.
  • yoyo said:

Watford are the only team in all 4 divisions not to have kept a clean sheet...... please don't let their first one be today

Oh dear…..

• yoyo said:

West Ham : Hold my beer!
  • Fornals out with COVID....
  • If Watford have any sense they'll target our left side. Johnson out of position and Benrahma not known for his defensive work.

I'm going for a scrappy 1-1.
  • Great start. Behind already.