Chelsea (H) - Saturday 4th Dec, 12.30pm

Comments

• My mouth fell open after Masuaku goal and nothing came out .Just got it closed =)
  • I see Maupay salvaged another point for Brighton in the 98th minute today.
  • And they only had 10 men again when he did it.
  • I thought Lanzini was incredible today. He added real bite, tenaciousness & quality to the middle. Bowen clearly MOTM but Lanzini really looked to be in top form.
  • I am so going to watch this over and over and over again
  • Just back from the game and what a good game of football. Surprised by some of the earlier comments on here about our lack of quality in the team, Chelsea are a very good side, Lukaku on at half time, other attacking player on for Chelsea but we never looked under too much pressure. A brilliant atmosphere and a well deserved West Ham win.
  • edited December 2021

I have never bought into the view that his form has dropped, I think he is being asked to play slightly deeper . He was good today and i loved seeing him so attentive the czech fans he saw in the crowd.

I have a feeling we may see Dec asked to sit deeper now as extra security with Zouma out so may Soucek will be seen in the box a little more.

I think he had two shaky games early in the season but otherwise has been tidy on the ball and got his tackles in. He's missed a few chances he has had but otherwise completely agree that he's simply let Rice be the one to get forward. He's definitely not been bad recently.
  • Just back from game what a result was a bit worried at half time knew we needed to get the next goal and what a banger from Bowen. Good 2nd half performance we had a bit of luck with Arthur goal but we were due a slice of luck. First team to score 2 or more aga8nst Chelsea since may …. We are massive lol
  • I was visiting my son, and eating at a restuarant from 12.30. I sneaked a look to see it was 2-2. "I'll take that", I thought. Another peek and my joy and punching the air, gave it away and everyone looked, and thought, the steak wasn't that good. Little did they know. COYI
  • re: Soucek, he’s definitely not been himself recently, IMO. Against City he gave the ball away a lot and his defensive positioning hasn’t been what it was last season either. That said, he has absolutely been letting Rice be the one to go forward, and his general work rate has always been phenomenal - he’s not one to go missing even when he plays poorly. But thought he was very good today. Bowen and Lanzini stole the show for me, but Rice, Coufal and Soucek all had excellent games too
  • I think Ben Johnson has had some bad luck today. Coufal back in at RB due to Cresswell's injury forcing Johnson to LB, and now he's injured himself. Assuming Cresswell will be back before him, Johnson now faces the prospect of having to dislodge Coufal all over again.
  • No Zouma / Ogbonna / Johnson / Cresswell

our back line vs Zagreb will be interesting. Baptise / Alese / Ashby ?
  • I thought Coufal was great
  • As much as I like Johnson and as much as he's impressed he's just not as good as Coufal, in fact, I think there's a big difference. Coufal is one of the best right backs in the league. Johnson has had a good run but shouldn't be playing ahead of him regularly yet anyway.
  • It's being reported that Johnson has a hamstring problem and Zouma's is his knee. Apparently both walked out without crutches and will have scans on Monday and the physio team not making assessments until then.
  • edited December 2021
    Yeah I did think Zouma’s looked like his knee more than his hamstring

May have jarred it
  • I am surprised Masuaku's knees haven't gone also to be quite frank!
  • I am so happy about lanzini. I absolutely love that guy and it's been hard to watch him the last few seasons.
  • edited December 2021
    Hamstew said:

I am so happy about lanzini. I absolutely love that guy and it's been hard to watch him the last few seasons.

His penalty summed him up, dispatched it with the quality & technique we know he has, but then showed his attitude with the confrontation with James. A real mentality that can lead the team.

In a nutshell, that’s what he brought today. He was like a terrier.
  • Well, it's cold outside but I'm sitting indoors with a drink and in massive smug mode. I dare say a few of you out there feel exactly the same! =)
  • Ive not had a drink since end of October (diet). Ive had two Estrellas and they have well and truly gone to my head 🤣
  • Pablo Fornals 🎵
  • Hamstew said:

Ive not had a drink since end of October (diet). Ive had two Estrellas and they have well and truly gone to my head 🤣

Same, did dry November, not any more
  • Hamstew said:

Ive not had a drink since end of October (diet). Ive had two Estrellas and they have well and truly gone to my head 🤣

You do realise that’s where you put them?
  • How is our game, 12.30 kick.off between two of the top four teams not first on MOTD?
  • edited December 2021
    Lukerz said:

Hamstew said:

Same, did dry November, not any more
    Lukerz, that is definitely not healthy (the dry bit I mean) ;)
  • West ham init
  • edited December 2021
    From the Guardian match report: “… when a mis-hit cross from Masuaku, who rarely looks like he knows what he is going to do next, flew inside the near post to put West Ham 3-2 up with three minutes left.”
    =)
  • whoever wrote that wasn't covering his first West Ham match that's for sure