Other games - Nov 20th - 25th (including European matchesmidweek)

Comments

• We're fortunate that they didn't close the gap on us. Both Man U and Brighton could have expected points from their games yesterday given their respective opponents, and we showed that Liverpool aren't unbeatable.

And I wouldn't say Brighton got battered; by all accounts they were the better team over the 90 minutes and got undone by two late goals.

Yes, I agree those three were fortunate that we lost; but we're fortunate that none of them punished us for dropping points.
  • But why are you so worried about league position at this stage of the season? We were 10th coming into 2021 and finished 2 points shy of a CL place. We are currently 3 points better off after 12 games compared to last season. Far to early to worry about other teams imo.
  • You could also look at it that on a weekend where we lost, nobody really gained on us. That's a positive rather than negative.

First away defeat of the season has come towards the end of November, too. Pretty impressive.
  • edited November 2021
    First game we lost & deserved to lose. Brentford &
    Man Utd were defined by ‘last kick or the game’ drama. We weren’t bad in either but not our best. This game reminded me of the 0-0 with Southampton performance, except we let in a goal this time. We’ll be better next weekend with a full week of preparation behind us for both the Europa game & the league match.

The other sides are struggling in general. Brighton not won in 6, Man Utd (enough said), Spurs, Everton (poor form), Arsenal (been on a decent run against bottom half sides). Wolves are the main in form side beneath us.
  • IronHerb said:

But why are you so worried about league position at this stage of the season? We were 10th coming into 2021 and finished 2 points shy of a CL place. We are currently 3 points better off after 12 games compared to last season. Far to early to worry about other teams imo.

Who's worried? All I'm saying is we were fortunate that other teams didn't close the gap. Is that not true? Not being critical. Not being negative. Just think that we were lucky that us dropping points wasn't punished by most of those around us.
  • OldCastleSwift is always negative, maybe it's an early run at the Man City game next week to claim early plaudits for our inevitable win.😉
  • IronHerb said:

But why are you so worried about league position at this stage of the season? We were 10th coming into 2021 and finished 2 points shy of a CL place. We are currently 3 points better off after 12 games compared to last season. Far to early to worry about other teams imo.

Who's worried? All I'm saying is we were fortunate that other teams didn't close the gap. Is that not true? Not being critical. Not being negative. Just think that we were lucky that us dropping points wasn't punished by most of those around us.
    You could say instead the other teams were fortunate that they lost and we didn't pull further ahead.
  • I could have done. And, as stated, I do think that.

But I also think we've been fortunate.

I can't quite believe I'm having to defend that view.
  • OCS, For what it is worth I agree with you, especially with the set of fixtures we have between now and Christmas.
  • Cheers Fortune 👍

Tough next three for us, for sure.
  • OCS, For what it is worth I agree with you, especially with the set of fixtures we have between now and Christmas.

That doesn’t mean much to me, I expected Everton (a), Spurs (h), Man City (h), Villa (a) & Liverpool (h) to yield at least 2/3 defeats. We won them all.

Take each game as it comes. I’d not be surprised for us to get something at City.
  • So Spurs have hit the 250 minutes mark without a shot on target. 👏👏👏
  • West Ham women have just beaten Tottenham women 1-0
  • 👏👏👏
  • What a cross that is
  • The ref taking a tumble is always good for a laugh.
  • At least he got in the way of a Leeds player, something a Spurs player hasn’t been able to do.
  • STOP PRESS !!! STOP PRESS !!!

Spurs have shot on target. Fortunately it was saved.
  • I would hope that even our own Hammerwombat would be happy with the current score
  • edited November 2021

I would hope that even our own Hammerwombat would be happy with the current score

Steady on!! ( I know I am )
  • It's actually a really good game. Let's hope Leeds nick it.
  • Spurs winning now.
  • Oh well, it's only Leeds.
  • Should they hold on it will be a massive confidence boost for their big trip to slovenia to play NS Mura in the week.
  • Conte = Italian Klopp…. Too much 🤮
  • Just when you think you cant hate Spurs more ,Then Conte comes along