Other games - Nov 20th - 25th (including European matchesmidweek)

This is really annoying, but Chelsea are looking good - Humpth

Comments

• Yes they are but is it as much how Leicester have not played well?
  • Yes they are but is it as much how Leicester have not played well?

Don't think they're top for no reason though, they sadly have an unreal squad IMO
  • Goals flying in all over the place.
  • edited November 2021
    Especially Vicarage Rd 😁
  • I went from irritated when USA channel said 1-0 to Watford and took it away, to very smiley @ 2-0 half time :)
  • Ole doesn't have long, does he
  • but we all hope that the board has faith in him ;-D
  • Zidane will be on the plane on Monday
  • It would be funny if Conte quit Spurs to go to United
  • Wow. Watford 11 shots to United’s 2.
  • Burnley 3 - 3 Palace
    Newcastle 2 - 2 Brentford

Sounds like there have been some good games today
  • Wow. Watford 11 shots to United’s 2.

That is pretty damning

• Watford winning 4-1
  • Surely Ole is gone now. I hope not because it's so funny.
  • edited November 2021
    Are you allowed to make 5 subs still? I thought it was back to 3, but on the BBC it says that Man Utd brought on Dalot, van de Beek, Lingard and Martial?

EDIT: United were the only team today to make more than 3 subs, and the only reason I can see is if one were a concussion sub.

EDIT 2: On the Sky Sports app, it says that Dalot coming on for Shaw was "United's final sub". Then 5 minutes later it says "A last throw of the dice from Solskjaer. He throws on Lingard...". No mention of a head injury to Sancho at all. Did Ole lose 4-1 and also break the rules in the same game?

EDIT 3: I think I'm being cyber bullied by Jordan

EDIT 4: Manchester Evening News says Dalot for Shaw was a concussion sub, but nowhere else mentions it, so who knows
  • Just waiting for the third edit, to be honest.
  • Alderz aka Mr. Edition.
  • Yellow teams doing well today....
  • Except Arsenal Mrs G with their defence becoming Liverpool’s 12th, 13th , 14th and 15th men.
  • Ole: "We never got on the ball either. Second-half was so much better, they created five or six chances but we gave ourselves a mountain to climb, to catch two goals in the Premier League is impossible."

---

Fact Check.

In the PL era,

12 teams who were 2-0 down have gone on to draw.

73 teams who were 2-0 down went on to win.

In recent seasons...

20/21 Spurs were 3-0 up against West Ham. West Ham pulled it back to 3-3.

20/21 West Ham were 3-0 up against Arsenal. Arsenal pulled it back to 3-3.

20/21 West Brom 3-0 up v Chelsea. Chelsea got it back to 3-3.

19/20 Man City 2-0 up v Wolves. Wolves won 3-2.

19/20 Watford 2-0 up v Everton. Everton won 3-2.

18-19 Man U 2-0 down to Newcastle, ended up winning 3-2, previous season same comeback v. Palace.

So, not impossible, Ole. Just that you've never done it.
  • Except Arsenal Mrs G with their defence becoming Liverpool’s 12th, 13th , 14th and 15th men.

And feistiness on the touchline.

I can't warm to Arteta. Doe he even have a personality?
  • Mrs G… He probably forgot to add “ When I’m in charge “ at the end of his comment….
  • Ole aka Pinocchio
  • So Newcastle are now bottom - Their run of fixtures before Christmas is quite daunting but they have two six pointers, which on account of the other matches they face will ensure the task which Howe faces is clear by the time January comes, when he can enjoy spending his oil money.

Arsenal A
    Norwich H
    Burnley H
    Leicester A
    Liverpool A
    Man City H
    Man Utd H
    Everton A

Obviously by the time they reach United that could be a six pointer also!!!!
  • MrsGrey said:

Ole: "We never got on the ball either. Second-half was so much better, they created five or six chances but we gave ourselves a mountain to climb, to catch two goals in the Premier League is impossible."

---

Fact Check.

In the PL era,

12 teams who were 2-0 down have gone on to draw.

73 teams who were 2-0 down went on to win.

In recent seasons...

20/21 Spurs were 3-0 up against West Ham. West Ham pulled it back to 3-3.

20/21 West Ham were 3-0 up against Arsenal. Arsenal pulled it back to 3-3.

20/21 West Brom 3-0 up v Chelsea. Chelsea got it back to 3-3.

19/20 Man City 2-0 up v Wolves. Wolves won 3-2.

19/20 Watford 2-0 up v Everton. Everton won 3-2.

18-19 Man U 2-0 down to Newcastle, ended up winning 3-2, previous season same comeback v. Palace.

So, not impossible, Ole. Just that you've never done it.

Stats,Ma'am, just the stats. ;)
  • Just watching MOTD and Thomas Frank’s interview was great. Acknowledged that he is biased when saying he felt they had better chances, recognised that it could have gone either way, and was honest enough to say that Newcastle ended the game well and could have won it in the latter stages. I don’t know why more managers can’t be honest like that
  • Looking at ours and Arsenal's Goal difference, it's going to be extremely unlikely that we will end the next round of fixtures lower than 4th even if we get beaten next week

After 13 games, being in the top 4 we'd all be ecstatic

Yesterday wasn't a great day, but after 12 games were 3 points above Arsenal, 6 above United, 7 (or 4) above Spurs, got top spot in our Europa group and actually only 6 points off top

If there was a week to have had a off day, this week was the one
  • We've been fortunate that Arsenal, Brighton and Man U all lost. Liverpool were always going to finish above us, so we need to try to keep above Man U, Arsenal, Spurs and whoever last season's West Ham are (Wolves, on current form).

With Man City and Chelsea coming up, and with Brighton our bogey team, the next three could yield only a point, so I think the Wolves game was a big opportunity missed.
  • We've been fortunate that Arsenal, Brighton and Man U all lost. Liverpool were always going to finish above us, so we need to try to keep above Man U, Arsenal, Spurs and whoever last season's West Ham are (Wolves, on current form).

With Man City and Chelsea coming up, and with Brighton our bogey team, the next three could yield only a point, so I think the Wolves game was a big opportunity missed.

Why was it Fortunate? They all got battered and only in Arsenal's case you'd say it was expected

Shouldn't it be that they fortunate we lost?