Other Games 5th - 7th November

13»

Comments

• MrsGrey said:

I was busy all afternoon so didn't follow anything about the early games.
    But now I hear Smith gone, Spurs lost, Conte sent off. Lol

Spurs drew, but still lol
  • alderz said:

MrsGrey said:

I was busy all afternoon so didn't follow anything about the early games.
    But now I hear Smith gone, Spurs lost, Conte sent off. Lol

Spurs drew, but still lol
    Oy vey.
  • edited November 2021
    Just seen Arsenal goal. Watford put the ball out for an Arsenal player being down. Arsenal take the throw and don't give it back. 10 seconds later 1-0. Bad spirit but within the rules. Man, I hate Arsenal
  • They've got previous for this, I believe I remember. Wasn't it a cup match some 20-25 years ago?
  • yoyo, That has been part of the Arsenal way for years. Remember the game v Sheffield United?
  • It was, and then they had to replay the game because it was so bad.

If you want a reason to dislike Arsenal, I asked my brother about it and he said “Yeah it was dodgy. Oh well. Pew pew” 🤨
  • YoYo it serves them right. It drives me mad when players put the ball out unnecessarily. They’re supposed to wait for the ref but it gets annoying when a player goes down and the ball gets kicked out. You end up with generally the ball being handed back but sometimes it’s back to the keeper.
  • edited November 2021
    thorn, I see your good mood after today’s win has started to wear off. 😁
  • edited November 2021
    Taken from Ashley Williams BBC article about Everton:

Sunday's draw with Tottenham left Everton in 11th place and you have to say mid-table is about right for them. You look at West Ham, who are third at the moment, and they are clearly a much better team.

When I watch the Hammers, I know exactly what they are going to do. They are tough to break down, with some really dangerous players on the counter-attack and they have quality in certain areas.

That's the Hammers bit - full article is here: https://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59201120

Great to read and hear such positive comments about our wonderful club.