Other Games 5th - 7th November

Southampton running Villa ragged. Great strike from Alan Armstrong to give Southampton the lead. Nakamba has continued his rolling around act after taking a hit in the back but decided to hold hid head and do at least three rolls. El Ghazi, after being rightfully booked, gets away with a worse foul then falls over in the penalty area with no contact. Hoeard Webb would have booked him three times. 😬 Still Smith won't have seen any of that. 🤦‍♂️

Comments

• " we were the better side and it was never a sending off " oh no, that was last weeks excuse
  • Freddie Sears scored for Colchester against AFC Sudbury in the FA Cup 1st round live on BBC
  • He must be about 40 by now!
  • edited November 2021
    Oh dear, Dean Smith lost again.😂
    What excuse tonight?
    "Players distracted by fireworks" perhaps?
  • I think they miss Grielish as he was the difference to them struggling or being mid table. It was not really their fault as he had a buy out clause but it is an example of how one player can't make a team but can make a big difference.

I felt Zaha was responsible for enough points on more than a couple of seasons to keep Palace in the Premiership and that they would have gone down without him. I don't think we would be in Europe without Rice and would have been in the Champions League had he been fit for those five or six matches he missed during the run in. Should he leave in the summer we can't mess about with a potential player we need get someone to at least try and replace him as other wise we could drop back a fair bit. It's partly why I really hope we can have a great season as without being too pessimistic I cant see us improving when he has gone, so this may the best we are until a sugar daddy come along and allows us but the Rice's of this world for ourselves.
  • Lingard in his usual position again, on his bum on the bench
  • Jesse " Splinters" Lingard
  • At lest with man U playing today ,We might get a mention Tomorrow .After they talk about Liverpool for an hour =)
  • Unless City and we get heavily beaten we will still be 4th at the end of the weekend.
  • Not sure City are going to get beaten heavily
  • Utd 1 down ,Oh dear what a shame =)
  • Utd 2 down ,Oh dear what a shame =)
  • Ole must be the worst manager in the league given the resources he has. Man Utd are clueless.
  • 2-0 to City, Man U are awful
  • Bet they wish they had moyes still
  • Lingers sits on a bench after having gone to fight for a place in a team that sits below us and who were knocked out of one cup by us. He doesn't really even get much of a chance to fight for that place. He could have been having the time of his life this season with his pals at West Ham.....
  • But please don't cheer on City too much, we don't want another 5-0 as they will get rid of Ollie, we want him there for the rest of the season. I want a fight back to 2-2 and then a last minute City goal.
  • Nah! 5-0 will do nicely.
  • edited November 2021
    No way should Sancho be coming on over Lingard

I can only assume Jesse is a poor trainer whereas with us he was a fave of Moyes
  • Lingard is a good trainer it's just that Ollie is a poor manager.
  • Pep didn't use any substitutes. City's level of fitness must be excellent although having 67% possession means they didn't have to do a lot of pressing
  • If he doesn't play Sancho someone may ask why he paid £73m for him.
  • Lukerz said:

No way should Sancho be coming on over Lingard

I can only assume Jesse is a poor trainer whereas with us he was a fave of Moyes

Lingard is 100% leaving, and Sancho cost £70odd mill. He sort of needs Sancho to work out imo
  • Oo-er Norwich 1-0 up at Brentford and Toney already on a yellow card
  • 2-0, Pukki penalty
  • Bit of a late posting but how did VAR not give that penalty to Man City. Would love to hear their reasoning.