Villa (a) Sunday 24th October 4:30pm Sky Sports

Comments

• What a goal that was! It's 4 and we're done.
  • Antonio needs to be better than that.

Not really been in the game. This is where a second striker really would help us.

Lanzini coming on for... Benrahma.

Would have subbed Fornals, myself.
    OCS, you really should do predictions professionally!
  • What. A. Goal
  • Well played Lanzini
  • Great, unselfish play from Antonio and Lanzini, and Bowen scores.

Man, we're good even when we're bad.
  • alderz said:

McGinn is a good player, but he’s a nasty piece of work too.

If he were in our Claret & Blue he’d be a popular guy though
  • Good ball from Antonio but great vision and unselfish from Lanzini
  • Smashed them and we've been pretty shoddy. Massive club.
  • They look shattered, hopefully we can bag a couple more. Really harsh result on them!
  • Rearrange these letters.
    A E I M S S V
  • alderz said:

They look shattered, hopefully we can bag a couple more. Really harsh result on them!

Five more and we're third
  • Love this
  • Can you imagine if we beat Genk again Vienna and Zagreb draw Qualified top of the group for Europa and we then go into a massive clash against Liverpool before the Intl break.
  • What's also pleasing to me is that we have a bit of steel about us, a few up for a tussle. Shoddy at times but equally great, if that makes sense?
  • What's the betting Dean Smith does think either was a red card and that Fornals and Bowen should have been sent off?
  • Another massive 3 points

Made tough work of it for a long period but in the end we took our chances and deserved the win
  • Seems to be some noise on social media (and the BBC) that Fornals should have been sent off for that challenge. Looked like a 50/50 to me?
  • My favourite part was when Bowen pushed over McGinn. Is that weird? lol
  • Seems to be some noise on social media (and the BBC) that Fornals should have been sent off for that challenge. Looked like a 50/50 to me?

It looked like a 50-50 and nasty McGinn did his best to make out it was worse. Fornals had every right to go for it. A split second difference and their guy would have clattered into Fornals in the same way.
  • McGinn went flying
  • Hamstew said:

My favourite part was when Bowen pushed over McGinn. Is that weird? lol

No, he deserved it.
  • MrsGrey said:

Rearrange these letters.
    A E I M S S V

Does he play for Slavia Prague?
  • I thought the ref got the "Fornals incident " spot on
  • Hause didn't even get booked for that forearm smash! - I thought Antonio got booked after a VAR showed he fouled the keeper a few games back?
  • Wow, what a result, in truth, despite scoring four and having a blatent penalty denied, I am still left with the feeling that it was a slightly flattering result but I will take it all day long,

For a large portion of the game I thought that we were often sloppy and Villa were first to the ball and closed us down effectively. Villa had one sent off, for me I think Hawse should have been the one to go and that the actual red card was harsh.

All in all getting results when you are not playing particularly well is the secret sauce to success and I think the team spirit we have is going to continue paying dividends.

I am really enjoying this team and this season

COYI

• Sometimes I think they just make it up.
  • Honest interviews with Rice and Johnson.

Johnson says Antonio giving him tips about how to play/score. (Like that)

Decs honest that 4-1 flatters us.

BJ ( the good one!) Was 14 when he did that dance.
  • Hamstew said:

My favourite part was when Bowen pushed over McGinn. Is that weird? lol

It was how far he flew and he wasn’t even trying to go down for the ref