The manure match thread - Home, 2nd Jan 2017

Comments

• They're getting closer.
  • Hadn't even noticed how offside Valencia was
  • Not convinced that wouldn't have been given as a goal against us before technology, obviously not for us if it was at the other end.
  • This is a joke, Mike dean has ruined this for us

Refs should be fined if they are gonna ruin the game and make awful decisions

He absolutely has ;ok Fell for Jones's hysterics hook, line and sinker.

But he'll have no-one to answer to and will be reffing at the weekend with his usual arrogance.
  • Nordtveit rash there, but not even a yellow.
  • Dean owes us, and he knows it
  • I don't know if you can blame Jones for the red card. Let's be honest, he would have felt the tackle definitely, so his being hurt is fair. It's just terrible, terrible officiating.
  • We're working hard to get the ball back but keep giving it away
  • Great effort by Lanzini, good save from De Gea
  • edited January 2017
    Alderz - So would Feghouli, but he didn't writhe around like a deleted expletive
  • My point is more that it's not a Chico Flores situation
  • Irritating thing is that this game is there for the taking if only we had 11.
  • Looked like at least 2 Man Utd players having "words" with the ref after he blew for half time?
    Two yellow cards...of course not.
  • Played really well the boys closing the gaps really well and stifling United

They have a lot of good players on the bench though

Carroll needs to come on but not sure for who, but we need a threat from set pieces need to use the limited opportunities to get a goal

Can't see us holding them out but have hope

Would kill for a 0-0
  • I don't think Man U will play as slowly or badly in the second half so we need to really put a shift in. We need to give their back line something to think about
  • alderz said:

My point is more that it's not a Chico Flores situation

No it's not, but I don't think Jones was that badly hurt.
  • He would never have sent a Man Utd player off for the same tackle.
    Cheating basically in my view , I am sick of the refs treat us!!
  • Yeah now I'm seeing the replays it was pretty bad from Jones
  • I don't think Man U will play as slowly or badly in the second half so we need to really put a shift in. We need to give their back line something to think about

Uh we are putting in a shift?

It'a hard to give them something to think about with 10 men. We are working overtime just to stay in the game.
  • On the plus side, Obiang has been immense again ;clap
  • Andy is an idiot, Feghouli had been playing well
  • was it a pen sky not shown a replay
  • Seen the reply, Jones makes a full on Chico of it. Comes out of the tangle and then starts rolling, hold completely the wrong part of his leg.

• Not a pen imo, a slight bit of contact Jones on Reid, but never a pen imo.
  • IMO it was a good old fashioned tackle..Mike Dean & Phil Jones, poor..
    Brookings , IMO Havard has had a very decent 1st half..
    If we can nick a point it will be brilliant, pity it's been spoilt by a very poor decision helped by academy award performing by Phil Jones
    coyi
  • Penalty and Jones should have been sent off! (not bitter!)
  • Smith and Quinn tearing into Mike Dean hopefully we can see some pressure on refs to stop ruining games

They should be fined or sacked if they are incompetent
  • Luke I never said we weren't but I think what's going to be needed in the second half will be a lot more than the first. United were at walking pace for a lot of it.
  • edited January 2017
    Supposed top referee ref'ed the reaction rather than the incident, demonstrated by him initially following play and then looking back at Shaw. Both he and Shaw are utter disgraces to the game.

This said Fergouli's touch was that of a pub player which got himself in trouble to start with.
This discussion has been closed.