Wordle

This discussion was created from comments split from: Couldn’t think…. The next part.

Comments

• Not football related. But if any of you play Wordle, what do you think about today's solution?

I'm a bit cross.
    If you don't play, scroll on by.
  • I was cross, too. Website is .co.uk...
  • I thought of not playing again. That'll teach them!
  • Sorry, I was looking for the West Ham forum and yet I appear to have stumbled onto the super cool dude forum.
  • Twitter outrage meant I tried it for the first time and I knew exactly what the problem was going to be and still I couldn't get the right one...
  • What is Wordle? Is he a left back?
  • I thought you meant Worrall, the Forest CB.
  • MrsGrey said:

Not football related. But if any of you play Wordle, what do you think about today's solution?

I'm a bit cross.
    If you don't play, scroll on by.

MrsG, until I saw your post I had never heard of it, so I gave it a go. Rather pleased with myself that I got it in 5. =)
    I get your point though, answers should be proper English only. ;)
  • MrsGrey, you've got me started on something now. =)
    A hard one today, but I got it in 5 again, although I thought I had it at 3. ;)
  • MrsGrey, you've got me started on something now. =)
    A hard one today, but I got it in 5 again, although I thought I had it at 3. ;)

Similar. I thought I had it at 3 but I went with the L first. Got it at 4. :+1:
  • Tried it for first time today and got it in 4
  • Tried it for first time today and got it in 4

Me too, but in five. 10 hours before I can improve on that though 🙄
  • And now for something different:
    Sunday's Wordle - solved in 3 =)
  • Me 2.

(I mean 3 :p )
  • Well done it took me 5 today
  • 4 today. Which is an improvement on 5 for the last two days.

Looks at me, I'm growing.
  • Just had a look to see what the fuss was about, I got it in 3 but was lucky on my first guess which of course is random.
  • Just had a look to see what the fuss was about, I got it in 3 but was lucky on my first guess which of course is random.

False modesty C&B. ;)
  • Got it in 4, but it was a toss-up between 2 letters, both of which fit.
  • edited January 2022
    I got a very lucky 3 on my first go today (as in my first attempt at playing the game, obviously prompted by chat here), went from 2 yellows to 4 greens on my first guess to my second. Somehow I think this is very unlikely to be repeated.
  • The first guess is key. I've gone 5, 5, 4, 4, but haven't been close with my first guess yet.
  • It's a funny game. It's not really a massive test of vocab as there's a limited set of words and are all quite standard. I'm rubbish at it because I'm impatient and often make guesses that don't have letter I already know are in it.
  • I am surprised how quickly it comes with a bit of strategy and a fair bit of fortune - I,ve gone 4,4,5 and randomly got 4 greens with my second guess today giving me an open goal for 3.
    (ooh that's just reminded me :( )
  • I've been playing it a bit longer (27 days).
    Quickest I've managed is 3 (9 times), then 4 (11 times). Seven times 5+6 together.

I quite enjoy the strategic side of it.
  • The first guess is key. I've gone 5, 5, 4, 4, but haven't been close with my first guess yet.

It would be a total fluke to get it right 1st time!
  • edited January 2022
    First guess seems all important but even with a lucky one you would be hard pushed to get any in two as still so many possibles still in play. I wonder if anyone has ever got it in one, my strategy would have been to use house every day, eventually they must have used it.
  • My starting word has been weary as I think it described how I felt at the time and it's been quite useful for getting a few letters.
  • Instead of waiting for the one tomorrow, try Absurdle https://qntm.org/files/wordle/index.html

There is no pre-selected secret word, instead it keep changing based on each guess, so that everybody's answer will be different. There's also no limit to the number of guesses nor any number of times you play.
  • Can we start a new thread for this as us non players cannot decode the terms :)
  • And it’s definitely involving thinking
This discussion has been closed.