Wordle

Comments

• My starting word has been weary as I think it described how I felt at the time and it's been quite useful for getting a few letters.

I like the idea of choosing a zeitgeist type word.

As a starting word, weary is good for its vowels. The letter W isn't great though, as it's not so common.

I'd recommend TEARY.
  • Todays ,- not too tough. Sort your vowels and look for common consonants.

Not sure how the timescale thing works - I get the ' new' one at midnight local time ( =10 pm UK)
  • Wordle 213 6/6*

⬛⬛⬛🟨🟨
    ⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛
    ⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛
    ⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛
    🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • I've just realised there's a setting feature for 'hard mode'. O.o
  • MrsGrey said:

I've just realised there's a setting feature for 'hard mode'. O.o

I just looked at that and it turns out that's how I have been playing it without realising. =)
  • I always start with ‘irate’. Which has a good spread of common letters and also sums up how the game makes me feel.
  • Popped in, saw nobody typed Chris Wordle', couldnt believe it and I am rushing back to transfers
  • edited January 2022
    I always seem to be thrown off when I get a word ending with Y early on - just about managed today's one in 6
  • Wordle 214 3/6*

⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛
    🟨⬛🟨🟨⬛
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • I always seem to be thrown off when I get a word ending with Y early on - just about managed today's one in 6

The thing that mostly throws me off is if a letter is used twice.
  • MrsGrey said:

I've just realised there's a setting feature for 'hard mode'. O.o

I just looked at that and it turns out that's how I have been playing it without realising. =)
    I just looked too - yes, isn't that how everyone plays ( if they've any sense)?

I gues you could go random 2nd word to maximise letter spread early on. But I've never done that.

Today I got the last 4 letters quickly but picked the wrong 1st one in my next guess. Annoying. Like switching your FF captain's armband with 30 seconds to go, and making the wrong choice.
  • MrsGrey, have you tried Absurdle (I posted the link above)? It's really devious as it keeps changing the outcome depending on what you input until it's forced into a corner where there's only one possible answer. The developer says that the minimum number of guesses is 4. I've managed 5 a couple of times, mostly 6 or 7, sometimes 8 and once 9. >:)
  • After only just making it yesterday (6), I managed another 3 today 😊
  • My first three today. I actually air punched.

I'm probably taking this more seriously than I should.
  • as an FYI if after you have solved the Wordle, click "Share" and then just Ctrl+V paste it into the comment box on here and it will paste your result in as above in my previous post.
  • My first attempt today - in 3
  • Wordle 214 3/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • as an FYI if after you have solved the Wordle, click "Share" and then just Ctrl+V paste it into the comment box on here and it will paste your result in as above in my previous post.

Cheers Yeold 👍

Wordle 214 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • MrsGrey, have you tried Absurdle (I posted the link above)? It's really devious as it keeps changing the outcome depending on what you input until it's forced into a corner where there's only one possible answer. The developer says that the minimum number of guesses is 4. I've managed 5 a couple of times, mostly 6 or 7, sometimes 8 and once 9. >:)

I don't think I dare...
  • MrsGrey said:

MrsGrey, have you tried Absurdle (I posted the link above)? It's really devious as it keeps changing the outcome depending on what you input until it's forced into a corner where there's only one possible answer. The developer says that the minimum number of guesses is 4. I've managed 5 a couple of times, mostly 6 or 7, sometimes 8 and once 9. >:)

I don't think I dare...
    Go on, try it, you'll like it.......or not ;)
  • edited January 2022

MrsGrey said:

MrsGrey, have you tried Absurdle (I posted the link above)? It's really devious as it keeps changing the outcome depending on what you input until it's forced into a corner where there's only one possible answer. The developer says that the minimum number of guesses is 4. I've managed 5 a couple of times, mostly 6 or 7, sometimes 8 and once 9. >:)

I don't think I dare...
    Go on, try it, you'll like it.......or not ;)
    Now I want to do it again to try to get 4.

Curse you!
  • MrsGrey, I wouldn't bother 5 is excellent =)
  • Wordle 215 3/6*

⬛🟨⬛🟨⬛
    🟨⬛🟨🟨🟨
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Wordle 215 4/6

⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩🟨🟨⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Did mine in 3 but not clever enough to paste it on here.....Doh!
  • Wordle 215 4/6

🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
    🟨⬜⬜🟨🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Interesting, that one.
  • I just got it in 2 ! having got green white yellow white white with first word. =)
  • 2 is amazing.
    4 today, for me.
  • Wordle 215 4/6

🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
    🟨⬜⬜🟨🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Interesting, that one.

Same as me on each guess, but in different places.
    Wordle 215 4/6*

⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
    ⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
    ⬜🟨🟨⬜🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Ooh, ooh, I did the share thingy.
This discussion has been closed.