What teams do you hate, and why?

I've seen quite a few comments on here and other forums over the years stating people's dislike/downright hatred of other clubs. What I find interesting is why. I mean, I understand the history of the Millwall rivalry, for example, but personally I have no real feelings about them.

As I may have mentioned, I hate Liverpool. Mostly because almost all of the Liverpool fans I know or have known are insufferable and have absolutely no connection to the city whatsoever. It also doesn't help that their fanbase on social media is, IMO, the most deluded and entitled bunch I have ever seen.

But reading recent posts on here, I know that Grey, for example, can't abide Chelsea. Ham may have mentioned once or twice that he's not a huge fan of Palace. Would just be interesting to know why; is it purely footballing reasons? Or interactions with that club's fans? Or by association of people you know (Leeds is another club on my list because two people I can't stand are fans (despite neither having any idea about football).

So who do you hate, and why?

Comments

• Used to be Tottenham as 1, mainly because of their fans. Chelsea have taken top spot this year though, combination of Lampard, money and fans.
  • Spuds because of the usual reasons and also because an ex-boss supports them. Palace because of Roy, can’t stand the man, and this season Leicester for the same reason, can’t stand Rodgers, his teams are always brilliant even when they lose.
  • I'm just mindlessly following the herd with my dislike of Chelsea. It was what I got at the ground n the 70's onwards, and I rather assumed all West Ham fans shared it.
  • 1. United - Raised in Essex so loads of United fans, none of them knew anything about football. Was bored of them growing up as th2y won everything. Act like they haven't bought the league as they had one phenomenal class of youth players in 92, they have always been massive spenders even In the 90s

2. Spurs - Becuase they're spurs

3. Liverpool - half my family support them so they never shut up, do my head in

4. Barcelona - just as bad at Real Madrid with their antics

5. Palace - Roy
  • edited August 2019
    Spurs mainly because of the fans that I know. It's strange because I can usually tell a spurs fan before they have told me.

Palace again it's their fans. Just irritating tbh. This ultras nonsense and constant going on about the best support in the world just because someone brings a drum along to their games. Muppets.
  • For me Chelsea by far, back in the 70s and living in Romford the Chelsea team somehow personified everything that rubbed me up the wrong way as a teenager (yes, I realize you can probably replace with “was jealous of”) I am talking about the media love in with the strutting Kings Road fashionistas and whole West End playboy/nightclub scene.

In truth I would never have changed it for the dog track and Romford Bombers Speedway ;)
  • Chelsea number 1 2 and 3..
    Millwall
    Leeds

But if I had been living in England in the recent Spurs upturn in form I'm pretty sure they would have bumped Leeds out of the top 5....
  • Romford Bombers, now ya talking. :wahoo:
  • Leeds.
    Leeds.
    Leeds.
    Leeds.
    Leeds.

Abysmal 1970s tasseled sock wearing thugs. Don Revie was a common criminal. Ridiculous violence. Didn’t so much have a chip on their shoulder so much as the whole potato.

Did I mention I don’t like Leeds.
  • That's a no then wombat? :run:
  • We've made a smiley for just this eventuality :fence:
  • Spuds, worked at the local hospital to them, arrogant fans and some truly nasty pieces of work amongst them
  • Leeds were the only fans I nearly got a kicking off despite travelling home and away for years, never went to Newcastle as they are the pits as LGH
  • I really don’t care about other teams

Generally I like it when the teams my friends support lose
  • :nonono:
  • I like coming to work and saying “how was the football *smug face*” and then they say “West Ham lost too?” and I say “yeah but, it’s West Ham”
  • Very surprised no one has said Sheff Utd yet. Hate them more than anyone except Millwall.
  • I feel like we did this thread a while ago, because I remember feeling that I don’t hate any clubs, or fans specifically, but there are certain managers or players I don’t like.

I like it when Warnock, Mourinho and Rodgers lose
  • We definitely have done it before.
  • Wot Hammerwombat said. I couldn’t have said it better.
  • Blunts are but a memory but I hope we thrash them twice

• I know this is hugely controversial but with the possible exception of Arsenal, I want the other members of the usual six to get knocked out of Europe. I actually don’t mind Spurs advancing to the latter stages, just as long as they don’t win it (as this is the only thing we can laugh at them about)

I will also want Wolves to get knocked out of Europa - the reason being it’s not going to be us (when it could have been), so why should it be them
  • edited August 2019
    Although I don't hate them, the team I am beginning to dislike more and more is Citeh.
    Strange that nobody has mentioned them - after all they have just done what Chelski and ManU did i.e. bought almost their entire team and outspent everybody else.
    Also their fans are getting really arrogant going by some of their posts.
    I don't understand why they seem to get a free ride where criticism is concerned. :hmm:
  • Man.United.Reason?Alex Ferguson.I couldn’t stand the man, his arrogance, bullying of refs,and THAT comment about us.
    Spurs.Reason? Their soppy fans who find it hilarious to call us Wet Spam (oh my aching sides) and can only come back with “Well it’s their cup final “ every time we beat them.
    Chelsea.Reason?Nicking all our best players and watching them become world beaters.
    Think that’s about it,ooh Newcastle- horrible fans.
  • I find City fans in person very respectful. Can always have a good chat about Bishop, and they understand our position as a club, how lucky they have been financially etc. Chelsea fans are the polar opposite, they seem to think they earned it all, and deserve everything.
  • What I don’t like about City is the Barcelona style scientific approach to football. It’s boring watching teams completely dominate games in a set way.
  • Was in a Chelsea pub with a friend from Australia at the same conference as I was at in Hammersmith. Got to listen to a Chelsea thug proudly say that he bit a piece of an ear off a West Ham fan in the chicken run and he cried when he was bitten. Felt like pointing out the chicken run was not exactly a place to find a fight and what a loser he was but decided against it given the location, hateful club, my list grows longer
  • Leeds.

Again.
  • Every team except West Ham
  • edited August 2019
    A certain team in Bermondsey. Other than that my hate varies depending on circumstances. I know a lot of fans from other teams so don't really have a bad word about any of them. All teams have their unpleasant elements and frankly some West Ham fans I have been disgusted at.

Was in a Chelsea pub with a friend from Australia at the same conference as I was at in Hammersmith. Got to listen to a Chelsea thug proudly say that he bit a piece of an ear off a West Ham fan in the chicken run and he cried when he was bitten. Felt like pointing out the chicken run was not exactly a place to find a fight and what a loser he was but decided against it given the location, hateful club, my list grows longer

You should have asked him how a Chelsea fan managed to get in the Chicken Run. Or how he got out again. Sounds like someone who'd never been to the Boleyn in their life so just heard a name and made up a story.

BTW today I finished a 6 week and 3 day stint at Snaresbrook Crown Court and I've heard a lot of dodgy testimony.