The Winter Window: Transfer Deadline Day

The day of reckoning is here ;wahoo Brace yourself for a day of unparalleled excitement disappointment.

We generally don't do a lot in January, although a year ago we were treated to Jordan Hugill getting excited about a bubble machine. We will see a similarly bizarre transfer this time round? Gomez looks like this year's Dendoncker; someone who is reportedly close for weeks but ultimately doesn't sign and then a good number of us spend the evening grumbling to disinterested partners about it.

The likeliest deals, based on nothing more than ITK speculation, are Drinkwater and a striker from abroad on loan. With the season meandering into nothingness there's an argument that we don't need anyone, but also a counter-argument that it doesn't have to be that way and that we need fresh blood to push for that seemingly unreachable 7th place.

Manny and Dave, over to you...

Comments

• I think we need a few loans desperately. Just to help out season fizzle out nicely. I don't know much about Gomez so could really comment on him.
  • Bring back #BigOli
  • I've just got up ;wahoo
  • MrsGrey said:

I've just got up ;wahoo

;nonono Crikey, I`m ready for me mid morning nap.............. ;wahoo
  • Hugill to Boro to be made permanent £6-£7 Mio
  • SSN latest snippets:
    Gomez deal " been put on ice till summer "
    Drinkwater/Bats not likely to happen
    Possible other 1-2 loan deals..
    Perez most likely to leave & thats about it... ;tea
  • Hugill to Boro to be made permanent £6-£7 Mio

That`s gotta be one of the weirdest transfer in and outs we have ever done. And there have been a few.
  • SSN latest snippets:

Leaving us with a 'shot' Carroll and a limping Arnie ;weep

• That`s gotta be one of the weirdest transfer in and outs we have ever done. And there have been a few.

It's what happens when your transfer policy is determined by your wish for emergency cover, and you are doing business in the January window. ;ok

• SSN latest snippets:

And an unhappy little pea
  • Sky reporting us and betis have had loan offers accepted for batshuyai but they are waiting to see if Everton want to buy him before that sanction any deal
  • edited January 2019
    I don't think I'm happy about this. He looked lazy and sulky at Chelsea. I

20190131_124436
  • So if Everton don't buy him, he's going to play for us and Real Betis. The travelling is going to be fun. ;biggrin
  • He’s not going to come to us, imo. Assuming Everton are interested (they’ll probably put in a loan offer, I’m guessing), he’ll be their main striker. He won’t be our main striker, since Arnie will be ahead of him.
  • ;hmm Lazy and sulky,should fit right in then
  • 30M for a player that hasn't really done anything...

Football is crazy...
  • EFC can’t have 2 loans from the same club so will have to buy him or Zouma.
  • Adam said:

He’s not going to come to us, imo. Assuming Everton are interested (they’ll probably put in a loan offer, I’m guessing), he’ll be their main striker. He won’t be our main striker, since Arnie will be ahead of him.

Everton can't take him on loan as they have already borrowed Zouma, so they'll have to buy him if they want him ;ok
  • Oxford going on loan to Ausburg
  • Ah, ok. Thanks.
  • Adam ,could be our main striker next season when Arnie goes And if the club tells him that then who knows ............don't really want him anyway
  • BTW I just get a msg from a Belgian friend that the news over here is reporting Bats is joining us..
  • ResidentSleeper
  • What is his style, is he another big lump (AC like) or has he got pace?

I think we could play with Arnie behind a main striker so I don't think it's one to replace the other necessarily..
  • Pelle likes to play 2 up front so he can play alongside Arnie.
  • alderz said:

SSN latest snippets:

And an unhappy little pea
    ;weep
  • An unhappy little pea
    Is he a has bean

Will more veggie puns sprout