Other matches Saturday 22 - Sunday 23 January

Amazing result for Norwich against Watford yesterday, the manager of my local was the happiest I've seen him in months

Saturday lunchtime Everton v Villa, Duncan Ferguson as caretaker, Lucas Digne returns to Goodison and there are some "full blooded" tackles flying in

Comments

• Richarlison having a moanathon again.
    Get another job mate.
  • A feisty start and a bit if niggle going on
  • Lot of effort but a real Hackney Marshes game.
  • Villa player hit by a plastic bottle. This is creeping back into the game over the past couple of weeks. It must be stamped out severely and early. Ground closure for offenders.
  • edited January 2022
    yoyo said:

Ground closure for offenders.

Why should other fans be penalised for the actions of one (or two) idiots? Every ground should have CCTV that can identify the culprit(s) and punish them with a lifetime ban
  • They rarely find the offenders. If they do then great , come down hard on them,but if they don't ,IMO ,then a punishment should be such as to make thugs think twice. Hopefully other fans would get on their backs at the prospect of missing out.
  • edited January 2022
    yoyo said:

They rarely find the offenders. If they do then great , come down hard on them,but if they don't ,IMO ,then a punishment should be such as to make thugs think twice. Hopefully other fans would get on their backs at the prospect of missing out.

Clubs have received punishment in the past for fans misbehaviour, the simple fact that it still happens is proof that collective punishment is not a deterrent. Also fans are "customers" not police, stewards, etc., its not up to them to enforce behaviour

Stadiums have CCTV, if they can't work out who the guilty party is then the clubs need to invest in better CCTV systems
  • This Everton game is more pinball than football.
    Terrible.
  • I'm on about repeat offending by the same club. It mustn't appear a " cool and funny " thing to do.This isn't the first time this season I've seen it. There's been a few lately and a lot in France.
  • I wasn't aware any English clubs are "repeat offenders"?

As for it being "cool and funny" personally I don't know anyone who would cause trouble at football matches nor can I imagine doing so myself so I have absolutely no insight into their psychology

Regardless I don't see why thousands of fans, most of who would have been nowhere near the incident, should be punished for the actions of a tiny minority of idiots
  • I'm saying IF a club repeats , not that any have. As for it being cool and funny I picture that the idiots throwing bottles imagine that it is. I may well be wrong. Who knows what's going on in their tiny minds?
  • Drone stops play in the wolves game
  • Grealish hits the ground like a sniper target three times in the first 9 minutes.

Leopards and spots come to mind.
  • Daka scores for Leicester. I like him. Sure we were linked with him once upon a time.
  • Never a penalty in th Palace game.
  • Ha the bias is unreal
  • Hamstew said:

Daka scores for Leicester. I like him. Sure we were linked with him once upon a time.

We were, in the summer. But I think he was considered too much money for too big a risk.
  • Hamstew said:

Daka scores for Leicester. I like him. Sure we were linked with him once upon a time.

He's got talent but is a bit weird he's only had 3 starts
  • Leicester are weird. Even when Ihenacho's played really well he can't start once Vardy is back from injuries. It's not surprising that Daka doesn't get too many opportunities.
  • Hamstew said:

He's got talent but is a bit weird he's only had 3 starts
    I'd imagine because if Vardy but he's injured now so a chance for him.
  • All results going our way. Just need the spuds to lose, and the weekend won't feel quite so dreadful
  • edited January 2022
    Now we know Liverpool can get dodgy penalties even without Salah! 🤦‍♂️
    (I also hate the way commentators say “Jota won the penalty”).
  • I have Hoddle and Shearer doing analysis ....they are both fuming with that penalty decision to a top team...
    I mean have they been asleep for the last how many years?.....
  • Tbh I thought it was a pen. Anywhere else on the pitch it's a foul.
  • edited January 2022
    Very soft if at all IMO....Jota seemed to run into keeper rather than a foul...all IMO of course...and didn't bother me...like Hamstew, have a serious disliking for CP, although Liverpool aren't exactly a team I like!.....but still, no pen IMO, or rather, did the ref make an obvious mistake...
  • Docherty leaves one on Sarr, VAR looks at it, nothing. Not even a foul.
  • edited January 2022

Docherty leaves one on Sarr, VAR looks at it, nothing. Not even a foul.

Looked bad to me....
    Not sure what to think anymore....
    If that was a hard man or one with a reputation, would we have seen a different outcome?
  • Spurs score but for me, that's not a foul.
  • Tuchel is such a twonk
  • He's very clever, no he's cheating hahaha