Other matches Saturday 22 - Sunday 23 January

Comments

• Kane pushed him. Foul.
  • No second yellow for Thiago celebrating in the crowd?

Another rule they enforce when they feel like it.
  • edited January 2022
    I thought it was only if they went into the crowd? ie over the barrier?
  • Not sure the ref saw it. He was surrounded by Spurs players complaining about something.
  • Kane pushed him, with clear force. Not quite enough to case the catapult effect, but it was a definite foul imo.

• Lanzini never gets booked when he scores and celebrates in the crowd at home.
  • edited January 2022
    ....Don't like Chelsea, but guess them wiining is better for us than Spurs winning...
  • edited January 2022
    Good grief, I've just seen the Liverpool penalty. Jota actually moves towards the 'keeper and initiates contact as the ball goes harmlessly out of play. The fact that the ref didn't give it says everything you need to know about how VAR is being used (abused?). Enough evidence to suggest the ref made a clear and obvious error? Give over.

Remember when Dawson got clattered by the Burnley defender as the ball went out? And when Ryan Fraser got wiped out by Ederson recently with the ball going away from goal? Neither awarded when both were actually more legitimate claims than Jota's.

At best it's gross incompetence. At worst it's pure corruption.
  • so we stay in 5th for now, always fun watching spuds lose
  • How often does it happen that VAR recommends the on-field referee to take a second look and when he does, he says "Nah, I'm happy with my first decision"?
    One for ASLEF, I think. ;)
  • There are grounds for the 2nd & third Liverpool goals to be disputed but both were ok by VAR!
  • I've also seen a couple of other calls that went against Palace; one being a head injury that Friend didn't stop play for, and then a very close offside call against Benteke when he'd have been through on goal that the lino flagged for immediately, when the rules state he should have let the play go and let VAR check.

Arguably small things in isolation, but given that two of Liverpool's goals shouldn't have counted, you have to wonder what was going on at Selhurst Park yesterday.
  • You already solved it when you wrote Friend. It really is that simple.
  • Can't blame Friend solely for the two Liverpool games that shouldn't have stood. VAR (Poulsen?) ignored the Firminho offside and called the penalty.

Are they that useless, or that corrupt?
  • VAR is supposed to assist the referee in making the right decision IF they make an error. It didn’t yesterday with the Liverpool goals. There were reports of red cards not being issued at the Emirates & Stamford Bridge which weren’t picked up. Most assistants let play continue, risking an injury possibly occurring in the process, before putting their flag up for offside. Closer to home Messrs Friend & Pawson have previous for this together as they managed to decide Southampton should have a penalty at the LS on Boxing Day. Do we hear anything from the boss Mike Riley, no, & he should be held accountable as much as some of his officials.
  • I would say Uselessly Corrupt.
  • edited January 2022

For those interested.
  • Ham, do you have to be a member to see it?
  • Oops, 0-1 down after 2 minutes.
  • Ham, do you have to be a member to see it?

Don't think so. I just went onto the OS and it's there.

Although we're 1-0 down and the comms are so dull
  • edited January 2022
    OCS, I can't find it on the OS, what is it listed under?

Ok, ignore that, I've found it. =)
  • Yeah sorry should have said it was on YouTube
  • Is that Elliot Ward?
  • What an equaliser that was
  • Wow what a goal
  • Great skill by Nevers to break away and a brilliant finish by Perkins
  • Nice goal. Beautiful turn from Nevers and good finish from Perkins. Nevers has done a couple of things like that - though the type of thing you don't expect he'll get the time to pull off in a PL game.
  • Apart from our CBs, all of Leicester's players look bigger than ours