Pre-Season July/August 2016 (and Olympic Stadium opening ceremony)

Comments

• Cracking header by Ashley Fletcher

2-0
  • He's a big lad, isn't he?
  • Good work from Quina down the left for the goal.
  • How much fun is Josh Cullen having?

He's bombing about all over the place, and still has the breath left to tell others where to be.

Think he's a real prospect.
  • edited July 2016
    We look good, i think Rubin Kazan will be a good test though this lot don't really seem up for it.
  • Still not convinced at all by Antonio and i think it will be the biggest mistake ever to continue him as a RB
  • Have to confess to knowing very little about Declan Rice.

He looks very assured.
  • Randy really helping the young defence ;clap
  • Josh Cullen is Scotty Parker's Mini-Me
  • Cracking header by Ashley Fletcher

2-0

#marqueestriker
  • Their No. 9 is softer than our Enner.
  • 2-1

We have looked a bit ropey at defending corners.
  • 2-1 ;angry

Bilic OUT!
  • tbf, Spiegel is a pretty bad keeper.

Not sure why he's not been moved on yet.

Pretty poor not being able to see this out, friendly or not.
  • Antonio caught ball watching - perhaps he isn't a RB after all...
  • if we go in with Antonio as our RB we will get skinned so many times he just isn't a RB
  • Guys he's only been back in pre-season training a few days.

Give him another month and he'll be much better equipped to be a RWB.

We have no choice now with Tore, Feghouli and Payet. There is no room for him as a winger unless one of them bombs.
  • edited July 2016
    Good stuff in the first half. Never got into a rhythm in the second apart from a good goal by Fletcher.

By the 85th minute, the team was so disjointed due to subs, kids being on the field (Burke, Quina, Fletcher, Martinez, Browne, Spiegel) and tiredness that we allowed them to get a draw from nowhere. Thought Spiegel should've done better with both goals, especially the second (pretty much both just above his head). Not sure why, at 22/23 (?) he's still at the club.

Other than glimpses from Fletcher, Tore and Quina not a lot to catch the eye in the second.

But good stuff from Burke, Rice, Cullen, Nobes, Samuleson, Quina, Flecther, Feghouli.
  • I see our love affair with 2-2 draws continues unabated...
  • Cant believe Quina is only 16
    What a fantastic player he could turn 9ut to be

Good for Fletcher showed good strength to get the header and he'll be looking to impress with the striker situation up I the air

Feghouli already looks class, nice to have a other option to carry some of the creative burden which we were slightly over reliant on payet last season

Got some good youth nice to see strong displays from Cullen,Samuelson, Burke, Rice and Page got some talent in this sqaud at youth levels
    let's just keep Oxford now and we'll have some breakout stars in the next few years
  • What sort of team are we thinking will start the first league game vs Chelsea?

Adrian
    Antonio, Reid, Ogbonna, Cresswell
    Noble, Kouyate
    Feghouli, Tore, Payet
    Carroll

?
    With Lanzini away with Argentina. Tore or Nordviet (sp?)
  • Just makes me crease seeing Antonio at RB he has 3 weeks to learn the position that most players would have had a couple years of experiance of being in that position now

Cant learn how to be effective in another position in a couple weeks of pre season

My first XI
    Adrian
    Byram Reid Ogbonna Cresswell
    Noble Kouyate
    Feghouli Payet Antonio
    Carroll

But think Bilic will be going with Antonio at RB so in that case Tore comes in on the LHS or Nordveit moves into a 3 man midfield with payet on the left

Think as it's agaisnt Chelsea nordveit might be a good shout to shore things up and help Antonio get protection against hazard who likes to play in between the lines
  • edited July 2016
    Payet will still be resting i imagine he probably will not feature till September? And Carroll probably injured
  • Adrian
    Reid - Nordveit - Ogbonna
    Antonio - Noble - Kouyate - Cresswell
    Feghouli - Payet
    Carroll
  • edited July 2016
    Looks like this evening we'll see something like:

Adrian
    Antonio - Nordveit - Reid - Cresswell
    Kouyate - Makasi - Noble
    Tore - Quina
    Fletcher

Going on the basis that Andy is carrying a knock.
  • The dev squad minus Browne,Page,Quina,Burke,Rice,Cullen,Makasi etc..
    beat Peterborough last night ;clap

Highlights:

• AC not on the bench, but he was yesterday, wasn't he? ;hmm
This discussion has been closed.