Hammers to run ballot process for final 3 fixtures & OS season ticket

Comments

• Meanwhile, in an alternate universe......

WHU set a limit of ST holder +1 for their transfer of season ticket holders to the new stadium, and required the +1 to be able to demonstrate a prior purchase history within the last 2 season.

And the 606 forum in that universe if full of people bewailing that they can't bring both of their kids. Or that the +1 had been a season ticket holder for 15 years straight until 3 seasons ago when their work shifted them abroad for a spell and now they've come back to the UK and they can't get a ST, it's a disgrace that loyal life-long fans are pushed out by johnny-come-latelys who have only been going to games for a season and a half, and they only got the half-season ticket so they could get one for the last season at UP and the new one at the OS.

#fumersgonnafume
  • I'd love a new kitchen.

But it doesn't score goals, save penalty's or chant.

Until recently, neither did West Ham.
  • True Outcast ;lol

But one loves what one loves.
  • Jeez.....

Just having a sensible debate.

It's not about people that gave up ST's and wanted to come back....it's about people jumping ahead (+2) who weren't even Members. ....where were they years gone by while the members were still around?

And at no point did I mention anyone that had a half or full season ticket recently.

Could you be anymore sarcastic?

Can't be bothered to go on about it anymore it's been touched on at least twice in the last couple of months.

The owners have done well but they're not immune from mistakes as some would appear to think...it's okay to call them out on stuff that might not sit well.

And we move on.
  • London
    £10 Waiting lists
    2+

All there nicely on one page.

Lovely

Screenshot_2016-04-30-07-59-17-1
  • I wasn't being sarcastic intentionally. I'm sorry if it came across as that.

I was genuinely making a point about season tickets and their availability 18 months ago.

But you are right we've been round this roundabout several times.

• ;nonono

Not you Suze.
  • Oh.

My bad.

It's just that sir_ian thinks that sarcastic is my factory default setting ;biggrin
  • edited April 2016
    Me, I think ;ok

You were the one who said you can't please all the people all of the time.

I was pointing out that, if you are right (as I am sure you nearly always are ;wink ) and the club had organised things in a different way that would have solved the problems of the current 'hard-done-bys' who you are championing, there would inevitably be others (and I gave some tongue-in-cheek examples) who might then be unhappy for different reasons.

The examples were made up using a few things that have been said elsewhere recently - of course I know you didn't mention half or full season tickets, or people coming back. I read your posts.

Feel free to move on, however, if that's what you want to do. ;ok

Edit - Oh, I see you don't ;biggrin

• The owners have done well but they're not immune from mistakes as some would appear to think...it's okay to call them out on stuff that might not sit well.

Am I the 'some' you are referring to?

If so, can you stop it.

Since I don't think they are immune from mistakes.
  • Isn't arugula rocket?

Is that classed as lettuce, then? ;hmm
  • MrsGrey said:

Isn't arugula rocket?

You'll get no arugulament from me...
  • Do you suppose that rocket scientists say:

'It's not vegetable taxonomy'?
  • Oklahoma!
  • edited April 2016
    http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2016/April/30-April/Ballots-completed-for-final-two-games
    In the event an email has not been received or has been blocked by spam filters, please log in to your account at whufcboxoffice.com, where your purchase details will confirm success or seat details.
  • I think +1 could've been the happy medium here, I just think the club were so desperate to not have empty seats, it kind of took over their thinking.

This ;ok they panicked and its backfired. Well sort of backfired, the club still get their money but thousands of fans miss out.

PS. Greys, Suz etc.. Its ok to say the club get things wrong once in a while.

To be fair they've got a lot right recently and they are doing a good job but the way they've dealt with these season tickets is a complete farce. (IMO)

• PS. Greys, Suz etc.. Its ok to say the club get things wrong once in a while.
    Twist

You are confusing the fact that I don't accept your criticisms of the club with the idea that I think that the club are immune from criticism.

I don't.

re:
    thousands of fans miss out
    I don't get that, unless your assertion is that those who got one of the +2 tickets aren't as deserving of tickets as those that didn't end up with STs.

In which case, I don't see where you get your evidence for such an assertion.

Where ST applications are over-subscribed, of course fans are going to miss out.
  • I'd say they got it wrong (in part) the moment Arsenal fans admitted they had taken up +2 offers.

Because it was PL football and cheap in comparison to their own club.

I'd also say that while there was always going to be a novelty factor to the first year (s)....plus the very good pricing for bands 3, 4 & 5 then there's the fact we've only just sold a record 26,000 ST, mainly because it was the last year at the Boleyn (a one off) and now we've almost doubled our ST sales to 50,000?!?!

I'm sorry but there is no way all of those extra 24,000 are people who were members or had any kind of allegiance to the club before they got this chance.

Obviously many may not of every been a ST or Member due to many reasons, cost...personal circumstances etc etc which could've just changed.

I just hope the current ST holders and those members got the bulk of the tickets I really do.
  • edited May 2016
    Slizzy

AfaIk every current ST was guaranteed the chance to take up a seat in the OS, so none of them should have missed out as a result of the +2 option.

If fans of other clubs have taken up STs as a result of the +2, then that is down to the original ST holder.
  • Grey agreed....all current ST who wanted a ticket got the chance to get one....it may not of been exactly where they wanted but they got the chance to take it or leave it...and also seen some stories where the staff at the reservation center were very good in trying to help out where some fans expectation wasn't initially met (for whatever reason)

With regards the +2 then the fans didn't introduce that scheme, the club did and once that happened, it opened the door.

• I'd have to say though if a current ST holder took a Gooner as a +1 then shame on them.

I will hunt them down.

They will be ones not singing.

If you ain't singing near me then I'm going to need an explanation.

• and I'll be watching your reaction when the Gooners come to town.

You can hide but it won't be for long.
  • Some people want their PL fix and at those prices they can now pick and choose the best games to go to and flog the ticket on to probable other hammers at matchday cost....therefore also making a profit. Or sell the big games for even more money.

Of course you were always going to get the odd "fan" that wasn't one of ours....but the +2 really opened it up for me.

Lets hope there isn't too many, but with 24,000 additional ST gone..there could be, I don't get it, really don't, I wouldn't want a ST at AFC.
  • Me neither ;puzzled
  • edited May 2016
    I read a bit on the BBC at the weekend where one chap remarked in passing (I think it was in a thread about Leicester) that he has a Leicester season ticket with his dad, and they go to games together even though he himself is an (? Arsenal, I think it was) fan.

So there's one real-life scenario why someone might have ST but not be a fan.
  • My mates husband is a Chelsea fan but can't afford to go so as he lives in the area goes to Orient.

I've been to The Valley to watch Charlton a few times with my Charlton mates as its my local club but it wasn't ever to replace The Boleyn.