Dimi Payet; the Epilogue

Comments

• I guess there can't be many players who intimidate our defenders when they get that done to them in training.
  • nice one Eski.

;ok

I think that's Moses that gets put on his backside.

A thing of beauty and how many dummies can you send a keeper?

;nonono
  • Just heard "our/Dimi's song" being sung at the Spurs v Watford game ...

some people have NO imagination ... ;doh ;doh ;doh
  • Mirror report we are going to offer Payet a new deal as Chelsea and Manchester United are looking at him in the summer.
  • I love this, and no wonder Moses has been off form, his joints and ligaments are now twisted and out of alignment.
  • http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/02/07/gc-weve-found-the-origin-of-the-song-that-west-ham-and-arsenal-f/

Seems that the song was sung ages ago by other teams (altough our version is the best) ;biggrin
  • It appears the sun are running a story tomorrow suggesting Dimi's agents are asking 175k per week. Sadly this is usually the first step taken to orchestrating a move away due to bigger clubs interest. They ask a silly sum and if it is accepted they win and if it is not they claim the player wants a move. I really hope that our board would hold firm. Payet is 28 and in a five year contract I believe, I obviously hope it would not come to it but I would say look he can play in the reserves for 4 more years if he wishes as we are not overly exposed on him, he will be 32 by then and not going to any big club. Why don't you stop being silly and honour a contract you just signed, if his form continues we will be happy to discuss a sensible increase after year two of this contract.
  • Its a real stain on football the player power bias. We would be expected to increase the money we pay to Payet despite recently entering into a valid contract for 5 years and yet if we suggested Andy Carroll should now take less than his contracted amount due to always being injured we would quite rightly be up before the FA in a shot.
  • Mirror says agent pushing for 125K a week and he's happy at the club... I think we should Pay-et ;wink
  • He signed a 5 year contract in the summer, surely he was happy with the offer at the time of signing otherwise he wouldn't have signed?

If the stories are true, and I were one of the Dave's I would tell them to wait till at least the end of the season before any negotiations may take place... unless they want to make sure they have a higher buyout clause.

Of course none of us will know what is in the contract, so all we can do is speculate.
  • Contracts mean nothing these days.
  • Players like him don't play for clubs not in Europe for too long.
  • Who says money cant buy love ;wink
  • Just a word of warning:

this story appears in the Mirror, which has been spectacularly wrong about an awful lot to do with our club.

Not a single source quoted.
  • A tabloid making a story up ;hmm

Crazy talk Grey.

IT'S TRUE! DIMI'S LEAVING! PANIC! RUN AROUND! ;wahoo
  • OCS

You're right.

What was I thinking? ;doh

• SSN now reporting we have initiate talks with Dimi over an extended and improved contract
  • From the OS: -

Following reports in today’s media, West Ham United would like to clarify that at no time have Dimitri Payet or his agent made any demands to the Club over a new contract.

However, the Club can confirm that due to Dimitri’s outstanding impact since his arrival at the Boleyn Ground, they have initiated amicable and productive talks about an improvement and extension to his contract. Those talks are progressing well and it is hoped they can be concluded shortly.

Dimitri would like to make clear that he is very proud to play for West Ham United and he appreciates the support he has received from the Board, manager and fans since he joined the Club in the summer.
    Read more at http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2016/February/9-February/West-Ham-United-Statement#RBjza47HCicxMzej.99
    Read more at http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2016/February/9-February/West-Ham-United-Statement#pU9DP61WtfV4F37f.99
  • Which translates to "we got him on a good wage but we forgot to add in a large buyout clause so we better fix that sharpish"
  • Thank you IH ;thumbsup
  • IH ;ok

That's not surprising, improve the deal to keep away the vultures in the summer.
  • Spoilsports!

Just when we were all enjoying a good panic.

• Not sure why we need up the salary to introduce a buy out clause if he is on a five year contract as he will be 33 when he can leave, we would hopefully not sell under even the greatest of pressure for at least two seasons into that contract and then how much would someone pay for a 30 year old.

I would imagine he is on a decent wage already and whilst I would not be against upping that wage if it is low-ish we must learn from Sakho who I also believe got his contract increased after a great start and has not exactly set the world alight since and been injured for half the time.

I love Dimi as the tattoo across my chest will prove, and the fact all my children now have had their names changed by deed poll to Dimi, Dimitri and Dimitrius but come on he is 8 months into a five year deal.
  • edited February 2016

I love Dimi as the tattoo across my chest will prove, and the fact all my children now have had their names changed by deed poll to Dimi, Dimitri and Dimitrius...

... but your three daughters are less than impressed.

;biggrin
  • So I wonder how much the buy out clause will be they are now rapidly adding....
  • 50 billion pounds and not a penny less ;wahoo
  • SSN reporting unamed Chinese club offering £38m ;nonono
  • Apart from the money, why would you go to China?