Dimi Payet; the Epilogue

Comments

• The food ;hmm
  • Ramires playing in China. Exciting stuff.

• Outcast

Yeah, and a great wall...

Sorry ;yercoat
  • Yeah but walls don't frighten Payet ;whistle
  • Ramires playing in China. Exciting stuff.

That is a great wall behind the goal....
    ;yercoat
  • OK don't soot me down

But lets assume the story is true.

Reasons for him going

!0% signing on fee 3.8mil
    5 year deal 35 mil in wages

He has no loyalty to us he has only been here 5 mins

Our reasons for selling him
    It would pay off half our debt in one transaction

I would hate him to got but hey
  • He is definitely NOT going to China.
  • never said he was and hope he doesn't but you can see why the player and the club would be very tempted.
  • Outcast

Yeah, and a great wall...

Sorry ;yercoat

IronHerb said:

Yeah but walls don't frighten Payet ;whistle

Moojor said:

Ramires playing in China. Exciting stuff.

That is a great wall behind the goal....
    ;yercoat
    ;lol you're an original lot
  • You load 'em Grey.....
  • Apart from the money, why would you go to China?

Apart from? What other reason do you need.

Anyway, I think the whole story is based on Chinese Whispers. I always preferred Pass The Parcel myself. Not to mention jelly and ice cream and fizzy pop.

• If he wants to be picked for the Euro's then going to China isn't the way to go about it.
  • sky have quoted 135k per week after tax in china...............
    That is a huge deal offered if true

• Its not just payet

The Davids own a business and by selling an asset that can repay half of the debt they have secured in there name!!!

ooooooohh this will be interesting
  • Its not just payet

The Davids own a business and by selling an asset that can repay half of the debt they have secured in there name!!!

Err no, The Ds have put a fortune into the club, reducing the debt, and have not taken a penny back.
  • A footballer who goes to China at present is only interested in money and Dimi looks to me to be someone who loves his football and wants to play in competitive games. Apparently according to the paper reporting the story he is on £65k per week and £10k per appearance at WHU, which I think is a good deal for him and likely makes him our top earner.

His transfer fees have been
    4m Euro Nantes to St Etienne
    9m Euro St Etienne to Lille
    11m Euro Lille To Marseille
    12m Maeseille To West Ham

He has had 9 caps for France

I am playing devils advocate here but has Dimi just taken really well to the Premiership and taken the league by surprise? will he be able to continually influence and make the team better as Garath Bale did Spurs a few years back or will he be snuffed out and find the net from a few free kicks?

Does his record so far indicate that we have unearthed a Ronaldo late in life or does he not have longevity within his ability to influence in the way he has.

In my view it is too early to make a huge money offer and if the wages reported are correct I think that is fine for now.

No to any offers and No to any wage increase.
  • Storm in a ;tea without the storm...
  • As we become a more established PL club (i.e. not prone to relegation fights and , alas, occasionally losing out every now and again) and sign better players, there will inevitably be rumours about the best of them.

Mostly,that is exactly what they will be, rumours, with all the validity of the rumours that fly around in the transfer window.

Look at today's Mirror - a flat out false report, that gets some people stirred up.

Please, let's not give every half-baked (and not even baked) rumour the courtesy of assuming they are true.
  • Suze

Or the cup.
  • edited February 2016
    But what will I do with these?

• edited February 2016
    Grey

Or the tea.
  • If he wants to be picked for the Euro's then going to China isn't the way to go about it.

He's probably not going regardless what his club is
  • Its not just payet

Err no, The Ds have put a fortune into the club, reducing the debt, and have not taken a penny back.
    But will do at some point (not knocking them) and every year they haven't been able to pay that debt back (other priorities and getting us up the league) then the interest grows.

Some of that debt (£25m) was due to relegation, which they as the appointees of Grant were responsible for.

The debt hasn't really been reduced too much however it has been restructured.

;ok
  • So when you sit D27P down and have a go convincing him why he should stick around, how do you begin?

The letter's O and S are not allowed.
  • A player like him probably wants ambition. If you can't fulfil that, £200,000 a week might make him feel better.
  • edited February 2016
    That c uld be a bit f a pr blem a I ee it Lukerz, ;hmm
    but I'm ure that uper lav c uld d it quite ea ily

;biggrin

;run
  • So when you sit D27P down and have a go convincing him why he should stick around, how do you begin?

Why do we need to convince him he should stick around? Remind me again?
  • MrsGrey said:

So when you sit D27P down and have a go convincing him why he should stick around, how do you begin?

Why do we need to convince him he should stick around? Remind me again?
    We don't need to. We just have to convince his agent why he should stick around.
    Not that I give any credence to tabloid stories.

On to more pressing matters. How badly are we going to get beaten in our last FA Cup game at Fortress Boleyn tonight?