Academy and Development Squad Develoments 2015/16

Comments

• Dev Squad play tonight. Wonder if Antonio and Valencia will get some minutes?

Grey ;ok - he got man of the match on Saturday as well. Seems to be doing really well. ;clap
  • Some comments i saw on their forum:

Burke 9 - my MOTM, man mountain, future England captain

Burke 9 - Our MOTM by a country mile. He will be a massive loss for us when he goes back

How good is this young lad? Is a mile ahead of our back four and too good for this divison. Really enjoying watching him week in week out as he will undoubtebly go on to play for england. Was everywhere and in my opinion he saved us not only a point but all three, commitment, passion and such a gifted footballer! Fantastic Reece, well played mate!

Absolutely, he had his best game for our club yesterday.
    when the kitchen sink was coming into the box he got it, turned the tap off, washed up and sent it back up the pitch.
    Outstanding young Burke, keep it up

;clap

• when the kitchen sink was coming into the box he got it, turned the tap off, washed up and sent it back up the pitch.
    ;lol
  • ;lol ;clap love it
  • That's real encouraging news...
    May he keep it up ;footie
  • Dev Squad play tonight. Wonder if Antonio and Valencia will get some minutes?
    Academy manager Terry Westley is set to name a high profile side including a strong contingent of first team players against Wolves tonight.

Enner Valencia and Pedro Obiang, both unused substitutes in the 3-1 win away at Crystal Palace, will feature
    ;ok

http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2015/October/19-October/Westley-names-strong-line-up
  • So no Antonio tonight then. Not even on the bench ;hmm

Does this mean he'll start against Chelsea in place of Moses?
  • Would have thought Zarate will start.
  • I see Hendrie is playing as well.
  • Antonio fallen out of favour with the gaffer already, exiled like Morgan
  • Valencia scores, think he may be on the bench vs Chelsea
  • He was on the bench Saturday
  • edited October 2015
    Fresh from scoring against Crystal Palace on the weekend Manuel Lanzini is watching the proceedings tonight. He just can't get enough of all things West Ham United!!

http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2015/October/19-October/Live-Dev-Squad-0-0-Wolves-U21#FZoqkCC3sEaf1WtF.99
  • 4-0 win for the youngsters
  • The apprentice in our team went to the game last night. He said it was an excellent match. Was very impressed with Samuelsen and Onarise.

Was very surprised it our first win.
  • ;ok

It's like anything, you put a couple of top class pros in the team, you lift the performance of everybody. It's why I don't take too much notice of the results of the development squad.

Last season, Oxford was a regular and they got beat most weeks, then he comes in at the Emirates and gets MOTM.
  • The Dev squad play Brighton away tonight. No Spiegel, Chambers, Oxford, Lee. Also no 'fringe first team players' like Antonio, Valencia...

We don't use the '3 players over 21' rule enough IMO. Antonio hasn't played since he got here, Valencia is coming back from injury. Surely 45 mins in a match situation is better than nothing?

Not sure what's happening with Lee ;weep was hoping this year would be his breakthrough. Maybe he's going on loan somewhere?
  • In more positive news sounds like Burke is doing very well at Bradford ;clap
  • Re the over 21 players, sort of agree - but all the time they get a place, it restricts the development of the Academy players.

Valencia did get game time in the PL on Saturday (he'd previously been in the U21 match) so I imagine (just speculating here) that they don't want to risk too much competitive game tme while he's coming back from injury ;hmm
  • edited November 2015
    Mrs G ;ok well they won 2-1. Samuelsen and Cullen with the goals. Three 15 year olds started , god I feel old ;weep
  • Wait to you are at the debute of a player who's fathers debute you were at as well ;nonono

Potts / Potts
  • Mrs G ;ok well they won 2-1. Samuelsen and Cullen with the goals. Three 15 year olds started , god I feel old ;weep
    You're only as old as you feel!

Oh.

Wait.

;yercoat
  • Mrs G ;ok well they won 2-1. Samuelsen and Cullen with the goals. Three 15 year olds started , god I feel old ;weep
    It's OK Twist, they only done that because they couldn't find the one 45 year old

;yercoat

• Talking of which, Teddy had registered himself as a player at Stevenage.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34709873

;footie
  • 'Yoof' playing tonight, including.... Alex Song!

Looks a strong team

Spiegel, Knoyle, Hendrie, Song, Chambers, Oxford, Parfitt-Williams, Cullen, Lee, Trailist, Powell
  • Just came on to post that. ;ok

The triallist is someone called Reece Brown.

(Another Reece... are they trying to confuse us? ;doh )
  • 44: GOOOOOAL!! A well worked free-kick between Song and Cullen is headed into the far corner by Djair Parfitt-Williams!! 1-0. #WHUFC #COYI
  • Didn't Reece Brown have a trial in the friendly against Colchester in the summer? Sort of got a memory that he did ;hmm
This discussion has been closed.