Slaven Bilic named as West Ham Manager (09.06.15)

Comments

• It is a limiting factor. Any significant step up manager will want a decent contract, will probably need paying off, and then will doubtless want a sizeable transfer kitty. The daves were not able to stretch to carvalho’s fee in the summer (either that or didn’t want to). We have also not really been in a position to sell on any of our players for big bucks either. So a lot of our player purchases keep coming out of new money as opposed to recycled money.
  • Tbh
    We over achieved last year by luck we finished where we did
    Reinforcements don’t seem to done much,, tho on paper team looks good
    Sooo what next
  • We don’t really need anything fancy. Someone who can up our fitness levels, get them working harder, get them properly organised and getting many of the basics right. With our squad, even if this was achieved, it should be enough to enable us to climb into mid table.
  • Fitness is a joke
    Passing !!!!
    Ball winning !!! Luck
    Tracking back!
    Am lost !
  • Can't see bilic going tbh. Woudnt they have already done it by now?
  • No I don’t think so. I’m thinking things will unfold tomorrow
  • Hearing an announcement tonight. Around 7-8.
  • Strokes chin ;weep
  • imagelost said:

Fitness is a joke
    Passing !!!!
    Ball winning !!! Luck
    Tracking back!
    Am lost !

Gutless
  • edited November 2017
    Tbh I’d rather Pards.

Unlucky first time with us. Knows the club. Always speaks highly of us.

Had a decent go at keeping Charlton up (4-0 anyone). Did well at Newcastle. Did well at Palace. Starts well at clubs.

Also unemployed.

Might stick a £5 on him.
  • edited November 2017

If it is true that Slav is going, why haven't the owners sacked him already. I assume they are looking for a mutual agreement type thing to save money?

Because if Slaven goes then Jurcevic (Slav's assistant at Croatia, Lokomotiv Moscow and Besiktas), Rak (Fitness Coach at Lokomotiv and Besiktas) and Terzic (Coach at Besiktas) all go with him

That leaves Julian Dicks, Terry Westley and Chris Woods.

They're only going to sack him if they've got someone lined up and that someone his own coaching staff sorted
  • Oh so we’ve got a fitness coach have we? Who would have thought?!
  • Not sure what any of them do?
  • NO SHORT TERM / TO THE END OF THE SEASON TEMPORARY APPOINTMENTS.

NOT Pards.
    NOT Gus.
    NOT Moyes.
    NOT PNeville.

A proper - 3 seasons contract or there is no point sacking Bilic.
  • edited November 2017

NO SHORT TERM / TO THE END OF THE SEASON TEMPORARY APPOINTMENTS.

NOT Pards.
    NOT Gus.
    NOT Moyes.
    NOT PNeville.

NOT Moyes
    NOT P NEVILLE
    Pards?
    Gus?
  • Welll I thought I wS alone ;clap
  • NO SHORT TERM / TO THE END OF THE SEASON TEMPORARY APPOINTMENTS.

NOT Pards.
    NOT Gus.
    NOT Moyes.
    NOT PNeville.

We all agree with this.

But it’s not what’s gonna happen.
  • Hoping the fan power and apparent horrible thought of Moyes will scare the 2 D's off, just like the Joey Barton so called transfer ;pray
    Any fans able to message Gold etcetera, pls do so......
  • Those 2 points dropped courtesy of Antonio's idiocy have contributed massively to the situation. Has he apologised yet?
  • edited November 2017
    I think that’s happening Jay. One or two excerpts of tweets with some flowery language being fired off in the direction of gold can be seen on the internet
  • edited November 2017
    I’d be very disappointed if the Dave’s hadn’t already planned extensively for the possibility of Slav not working out many months ago. Shocking if they have only started scrambling around in the last couple of weeks and only come up with names any lay person could find via google.

• Barracks ;ok
    Hope it affects their decision...
    The foul language I can't do anything about ;wink
  • If the owners listen to the half-heads hurling abuse on Twitter then they aren’t fit to own the club. With any luck they will ignore all those knuckle-draggers and make their own decision.

I really don’t think it’s something we should condone.
  • Jorderz personally I would never condone to abuse! Online , especially towards the chairman...
    But fans putting across their view In a civilized way is more my style..

With regarding making their own decision , well , yeh sure they can and have the right to, I'm just
    Still living in hope that there are many fans like me who feel pretty gutted at the thought of Moyes at the helm...and can express their view , without the need to insult or use potty language!...
  • I still don’t agree with it, because the vast majority of fans don’t use Twitter so it’s not a representative way of gauging opinion.

Either consult everybody, or ignore everybody. Personally I think active Twitter users are more commonly a negative kind of fan than not, so it’s not an accurate sample of how the fanbase feels.
  • #bottom3 #nextlevel
  • Rightly or wrongly it looks like it influenced their proposed decision to sign joey Barton
  • Rightly or wrongly it looks like it influenced their proposed decision to sign joey Barton

Indeed
  • Lukerz said:

Tbh I’d rather Pards.

Unlucky first time with us. Knows the club. Always speaks highly of us.

Had a decent go at keeping Charlton up (4-0 anyone). Did well at Newcastle. Did well at Palace. Starts well at clubs.

Also unemployed.

Might stick a £5 on him.

Already have put a fiver on him Lukerz. But i think its me just being hopeful it aint Moyes
This discussion has been closed.