Freiburg (H) 5.45pm Thursday 14th March

Attack , Attack , Attack from the get go please.

Fabianski
Coufal, Mavropanos, Aguerd, Emerson
Soucek, Alvarez, Paqueta
Kudus, Bowen, Antonio

Comments

• Yesterday Freiburg beat Bochum (15th) 2-1 away to go 8th

Same starting XJ as Thursday except CF Michael Gregoritsch replaced Lucas Holer. Gregoritsch scored the winner and now has four goals in the last six.

CB Mattias Ginter went off injured after 75 minutes and was replaced by Lucas Kubler, no indication how serious it is. He'd only just returned from an Achilles that kept him out for three games
  • Fabianski; Coufal Zouma Aguerd Emerson; Soucek Alvarez; Bowen Kudus Paqueta; Antonio

I think Kudus is far less effective on the left, so I'd like to see him in the #10 role with Bowen and Paqueta either side and Antonio just in front. I assume we'll see Ward-Prowse start ahead of Antonio, and I wouldn't be shocked to see Mavropanos in front of Aguerd.
  • I get a feeling Emerson is out for a while.
  • IronHerb said:

I get a feeling Emerson is out for a while.

😭😭😭
  • IronHerb said:

I get a feeling Emerson is out for a while.

Moyes non-committal as usual in his presser:

"We just need to see how Emerson is - that is the main one.

"Maxwel Cornet is back after receiving treatment, but he won't make this one."

• edited March 13
    Apparently we’ve played 5 home matches against German sides in European competitions and our record is WLWLW. I hope that sequence is broken on Thursday. The sides were Magdeburg, Dortmund, Frankfurt, Frankfurt and Freiburg.
  • Fabiański, Coufal, Zouma ©, Mavropanos, Cresswell, Álvarez, Souček, Paquetá, Kudus, Bowen, Antonio
    Subs: Areola (GK), Knightbridge (GK), Johnson, Casey, Ogbonna, Aguerd, Phillips, Ward-Prowse, Earthy, Orford, Ings, Mubama

More attacking than usual, all 4 of Paqueta, Bowen, Kudus and Antonio start.
  • I'm glad to see JWP dropped, I think it sends a good message to him.
  • Emerson missing
  • steve said:

Emerson missing

Was to be expected I think.

On top of the natural drop off from Emerson to Cresswell, I think it causes further problems with Zouma at LCB. Zouma's mobility in itself is a major cause for concern, but I think he looks particularly uncomfortable when he's dragged out wide towards the LB position which, with Cresswell's lack of recovery pace, seems a distinct possibility.

Cresswell at LB and Zouma at LCB is a big worry for me.
  • we know we cant keep a clean sheet ,so will have to score at lest 3 .Feeling the stress already
  • Steve, What are you gonna be like if it goes to penalties!
  • edited March 14
    alderz said:

I'm glad to see JWP dropped, I think it sends a good message to him.

Yeah but we will miss him if we get a freekick, did you know he is only one behind David Beckhams record.
  • Brother-Sledge .Cant even begin to think about penalties
  • alderz said:

I'm glad to see JWP dropped, I think it sends a good message to him.

Yeah but we will miss him if we get a freekick, did you know he is only one behind David Beckhams record.
    If he stays with us I fear that will go on his gravestone.

• Robbie Savage 😭
  • Great start!
  • edited March 14
    Get in, Paqueta.
  • It was a dreadful corner, but the right result.
  • Woop woop
  • Zouma taking the goal kick, knocks it across the box to Fabianski, who hoofs it 😂
  • It's great to have scored so early, there's pressure on Freiburg now as well.
  • Great from Antonio there. Kudus should have scored.
  • Great chance for Kudus after good work by Antonio. Shoulda scored.
  • More good work by Antonio, found Coufal nicely in the box, but the latter's pass was poor.
  • What was Mavropanos doing up on the edge of their box?
  • What a goal
  • Antonio has been awesome tonight
  • I hope now we keep on the front foot
  • Get in, Bowen.