What fresh hell is this? It's not even March but here come the transfer rumours again!!!

Comments

• Bazshuayi said:

Forest forward (I can’t remember his name 😂)
    Brereton Diaz Kudus Bowen

(Not a bad front 4 at all - assuming Paqueta leaves)

Awoniyi?

• edited April 28
    yup

(scottish spelling of 'I want you') Say it in a slurred/drunk accent and its there)
  • Wordle 1,045 4/6

🟩⬜🟩⬜⬜
    🟩⬜🟩⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Wordle 1,045 4/6

🟩⬜🟩⬜⬜
    🟩⬜🟩⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

The first transfer rumour I've taken seriously in a while
  • Wordle 1,045 4/6

🟩⬜🟩⬜⬜
    🟩⬜🟩⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Can he play left back, right back or upfront?
  • Wordle 1,045 4/6

🟩⬜🟩⬜⬜
    🟩⬜🟩⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Can he play left back, right back or upfront?
    It looks like anywhere across the back, anywhere on the left, or anywhere through the middle to me.
  • GK (2): Areola, Fab
    FB (4): Coufal, Emerson, Johnson, Cresswell
    CB (4): Zouma, Dinos, Aguerd, Oggy
    CM (4): Soucek, JWP, Alvarez, Phillips
    AM (4): Paqueta, Bowen, Kudus, Cornet
    ST (2): Antonio, Ings

Currently we got a squad of 20. I can't see us renewing the contracts of Johnson, Ogbonna, Cresswell and obviously Phillips will go...that's 16.

Of those 16, only 7 will be under 30 by the New Year.

Of those 16, Ings and Cornet basically aren't trusted and can't get on the pitch, they may as well not be here, and you've also got 39 year old 2nd keeper Fabianski included in that. That's 14 (13 essentially).

Of those 14, Aguerd looks a sure bet to leave, Paqueta potentially as well. Both of those fall into the 7 under 30s in our team.

Antonio, Fabianski, Coufal and Zouma are all out of contract next summer....so maybe we'd be willing to cash in on one or more of them if we can't extend their deals

We essentially have no cover for any of our back 4, nor the back 3, nor the strikers

So let's just say that we are gonna need a very very big window with an emphasis on youth....

Will be fun
  • What age are you considering as qualifying as youth? Under 25, 24?
  • Kehrer has started all 15 games when he was available (suspended for two)

He played 90 minutes yesterday when AC Monaco (2nd) visited Olympique Lyon (8th), they lost 3-2 with Benrahma providing the assist for Lyon's first, scoring the second, picked up a yellow and getting subbed after 65 minutes
  • IronHerb said:

What age are you considering as qualifying as youth? Under 25, 24?

Yea mid 20's for the first team signings, guys who we could theoretically get 7-8 years out of them or at least sell for a decent fee (hopefully a profit like.wed do for Kudus/Paqueta if they left)

A few "propsects" at low 20's wouldn't go a miss but only if Moyes is replaced as I don't think he has confidence in youth
  • It's all looking good then 😂
  • I would be pleasantly surprised if anyone takes Paqueta for serious money based on his recent performance.
  • I just read WHU Champs post before I went for a blood test. It depressed me so much when the nurse had finished I asked he if she was sure she didn’t want any more. =)
  • I just read WHU Champs post before I went for a blood test. It depressed me so much when the nurse had finished I asked he if she was sure she didn’t want any more. =)

If it makes you feel better I made a mistake, I said only 7 of our players would be under 30 come the NY...that's actually not true, the number is 8, as Soucek birthday is February next year so won't be 30 a
    By NY

So there's that....
  • Ok, I wonder if I can get that pint back.
  • Guardian's Jacob Steinberg links us with Coventry's 25yo AM Callum O’Hare (available on a free) and Hull's 23yo CB Jacob Greaves (£15-20m?) but he's also been linked with Everton and Spurs
  • I know very little about either, but young home-grown players on reasonable fees and reasonable wages coming out of the Championship feels like a smart thing to be looking for.
  • Greaves joined hull when he was 8yo, 6' 4", left footed, reported to be good in the air, good in possession, good passer (in the Championship).

O'Hare is an ex-Villa youth, likes to run with the ball, works hard in defence

https://www.scoutedftbl.com/best-young-football-players/callum-ohare/
  • Reports that we've offered Cresswell a 12 month extension to his contract, which he's reportedly (thankfully) turned down. This shows the state the squad is in that we're trying to get another year out of him. I've said for ages that we keep kicking cans down the road, but some won't have it.
  • Gossip.... West Ham are expecting 23-year-old Ghana midfielder Mohammed Kudus, Brazil midfielder Lucas Paqueta, 26, and Mexico midfielder Edson Alvarez, 26, to push for moves away from the club this summer. (Football Insider)

Paqueta, understood and probably will be off (for 85M minimum hopefully) but the other two??????
  • I've worried that Kudus would want away, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him go to Liverpool. Didn't he have a move fall through just before we signed him because of issues over a release clause? If that's the case then I guess it's quite possible he's got such a clause with us. Either way, it's definitely suggests that he very much views us as a quick stepping stone so I think it's a real possibility he'll push for a move, especially as it's almost certain we've no European football next season.

Alvarez I'm a bit more surprised at; his isn't as glamourous a position as, for instance, Kudus's so I'm a bit more optimistic that we might be able to hold onto him.
  • Salah will probably be gone at the end of the season. Kudus would no doubt be an ideal replacement for him.
  • edited May 2
    I am not sure how much credibility these rumours have. I noticed there was speculation on twitter that Kudus has a release clause but then someone supposedly in the know confirmed that he doesn't. I doubt a Liverpool move collapsed due to lack of release clause as they are pretty much at the top table (even if not in the best seat), and release clauses are for players seeing the club as a step to that table.

I hope Paquetta goes for as close to that £85m as possible and the team is then built around Kudus, Bowen and Alveraz.

If there were no release clauses I would be looking for 95m for Kudus and 70m for Alvarez if they insisted on leaving.
  • I doubt a Liverpool move collapsed due to lack of release clause as they are pretty much at the top table (even if not in the best seat), and release clauses are for players seeing the club as a step to that table.

I think the Kudus move that fell through was to Brighton.

• Kudus = Salah???

• MrsGrey said:

Kudus = Salah???

My worry is certainly that if Salah goes then Kudus could well be targeted to replace him.

• I just don't think he's that good :o
  • I would say not the standard of Salah, more a Zaha. But has time to improve still.
  • I am not saying there is no way they won’t go, but please don’t give any time to football insider.
  • Ayoub El Kaabi.

Shoulda bin ...

Oh, wait.