What fresh hell is this? It's not even March but here come the transfer rumours again!!!

Comments

• Paqueta is a very special talent.
  • I'm not knocking him at all and I have total admiration for him.

Out of curiosity, how much do we think Eze is worth? More than Paquetta?
  • I’d keep Paqueta over Kudus, personally
  • I get that but without Kudus the goal and assisting leaves a big weight on Bowens shoulders. I love Paqueta but I'd prefer Kudus's input (and another Paqueta replacement bought who's our creative influence)
  • West Ham Way reporting that we might try to sign Taiwo Awoniyi and Morgan Gibbs-White from Forest, C&H linking us with Peterborough 20yo CB Ronnie Edwards for £15m.

Football Insider (oh dear) have linked us with Ivan Toney although Brentford are rumoured to be after £100m for him so possibly beyond our price range
  • I'd love for us to sign Awoniyi and Gibbs-White - not least because Awoniyi always scores against us. He's really close to Antonio in style - very strong, runs hard, good hold up play, but he's a better finisher. Gibbs-White could be a fantastic Paqueta replacement, though I'd love to have both (obviously).
  • Football Insider (oh dear) have linked us with Ivan Toney although Brentford are rumoured to be after £100m for him so possibly beyond our price range

He'll only have a year left on his contract by the summer, no way will Brentford get anywhere close to £100m, and I don't think they'll let him walk for nothing in 2025. My guess is he'll go for £50m or less.

• Toney is going to move higher than us but the Forest striler... Yes and I think he'd be a great Antonio replacement as per Alders post above
  • Apparantly Coufal has turned down our offer in contract negotiation.
  • Was that our opening offer?
  • If it was the double it .Love Coufal
  • edited March 29

Was that our opening offer?

I think they took out their option for 1 year and he wanted longer and now they have made a 2 year offer, which is being negotiated.
  • If he carries on playing the way he has for the majority of this season, I really hope they reach an agreement.
  • Being reported today that Paqueta has agreed personal terms with City for a summer move. He may have done this last year but I can’t see how he is able to do that for this season when nothings been agreed with the club and he’s contracted until 2027.
  • edited April 8
    Reported where?
    Anything of any repute, or just gossip and speculation?

Seriously, do we not know by now that 90% of what is our there on the internet is just rubbish?
    Let's apply some basic filters to what we read. And to what we re post.
  • Saw it on West Ham Zone whatever that is .Also mail on line .Some French report Plus a few others .Took with a grain of Sault .Then went back to my wine
  • That's why I never bothered to post it MrsGrey I am a good boy so I am =) Back to the wine =)
  • Being reported today that Paqueta has agreed personal terms with City for a summer move. He may have done this last year but I can’t see how he is able to do that for this season when nothings been agreed with the club and he’s contracted until 2027.

AFAIK He's got a buy out clause so there's nothing we can do if they match that and he wants to move.
  • Just another reason to hate Man City for me
  • Just take the £85m and run.
  • The whole reason I posted it was as I stated that it has to be made up because why would he be agreeing terms this season when he’d presumably agreed them last season if that in itself was true.
    Also the investigation is still ongoing as Paqueta says he’s cooperating fully but it’s still not a given that he won’t get banned.
  • We’ve not won a league game that he’s not started this season. If he goes, we need a seriously good replacement
  • Well if he wants to end up playing in the north western Mickey Mouse Sunday league after city are chucked out for financial cheating that’s his choice. Or do we think nothing will happen to city other than a meaningless fine and a slap on the wrist. Cynical, moi? =)
  • IronHerb said:

Just take the £85m and run.

You are Sulli and I claim my five pounds =)
  • Blimey Ex, that’s taken me back. I think the bloke’s name was Lobby Ludd.
  • I watched the Newcastle/Sheffield game highlights earlier (omg Sheffield shouldve scored several in the first half!)

I've kept an eye on Brereton Diaz (because we missed out on him recently) since he came on loan. Do we think, now he's had a taste of the Prem (albeit with a lowly team) he's worthy of being there? I dont know if his club want rid of him but for me he seems pretty lively and wouldn't look out of place on our left side.

Judt putting it out there... Thats especially the case when our lack of Europe will make it that much harder to snag the likes of Solanke. As we've mentioned previously, the Forest forward for me would be a player who'd be as good a forward as we could hope for playing style wise
  • edited April 28
    Baz

I was thinking that while watching MOTD. He’s got 5 in 11, works very hard, and you’d assume he’d be someone who Moyes would appreciate.
  • alderz said:

Baz

I was thinking that while watching MOTD. He’s got 5 in 11, works very hard, and you’d assume he’d be someone who Moyes would appreciate.

Assuming Moyes is still here.
  • Forest forward (I can’t remember his name 😂)
    Brereton Diaz Kudus Bowen

(Not a bad front 4 at all - assuming Paqueta leaves)