Arsenal (H) 2pm Sunday 11 Feb live on Sky

Comments

• half the stadium has emptied
  • edited February 11
    I suspect the booing of Rice might be redirected.
  • This game has gone, with Alvarez on a yellow I'd bring Phillips on for the second half.

That's happened, and Mavropanos on for Zouma.

• We finally got a touch in their box. Things are looking up.
  • Bowen still trying ,Poor boy =)
  • Saka completely unmarked. Not one of our players close to him.
  • Rice gets number 6
  • I was optimistic with 6. Double figures on the cards here now.
  • edited February 11
    Rice with a cracker, just to rub salt into the wound.

Edit: A respectfully muted celebration, and he actually got some applause when he was subbed off just afterwards.
  • Arteta feeling sorry for us. Brings off Troussard, Rice and Saka.
  • I just want to curl up and cry
  • Still a long way to go here, a proper mauling, we literally have not managed to lay a glove on them
  • Aresenal clearly playing us at the right time. Still, I've changed camps. Moyes out
  • I'm worried that Paqueta and Bowen won't be with us next season 😭😭😭
  • I'm worried that Paqueta and Bowen won't be with us next season 😭😭😭

I suspect Kudus will be wanting out the door more than Bowen.

• And now we bring on a defender 🙄
  • Bringing Cresswell on………….oh my, really.,,

I love to see how that went,” it’s ok boss, I’m good”
  • At this point we should have taken Bowen off, left Emerson on and move Johnson into defence and have a back 6 😂
  • Moyes looking distraught …….. thinking what this will do to his contract negotiations.
  • They're having mercy on us, only 3 added minutes.
  • Pep’s going to receive a call tonight “Boss, I was wrong. Please bring me back. I’m happy to sit on the bench”
  • How did we manage 4 bookings. We hardly got within 5 yards of them so it must have been for entering their personal space.
    This was the most shameful display for a long time and I can’t wait to see what rubbish they come out with.
  • They're having mercy on us, only 3 added minutes.

It’s a shame, a bit longer and we might of got back into it ! 🤪⚒
  • Lucky to get away with only 6-0. Can't think of any positives and no player turned up for this game. What does Cornet have to do to get a game. Could hardly have been worse with Mubama getting a few minutes.. Cornet, Mubama could have given the team a bit of balance.
  • There used to be an old joke about us being like Christmas decorations and coming down after Christmas.
    This looks like another one of those years.
  • It is not the loss, it is always the manner of the loss that upsets me and there was no point in this game where we competed.

The score was a fair reflection of the game and could easily have been much worse

Arsenal are a really good side and we needed them to have an off day, they did not which clearly exposed the gulf in class between us.
  • I am not going to defend the team for that result but there is an explanation for it, which doesn't make it any easier.

When we beat them at theirs the same thing could have happened but as the counter attacking side we got a first goal, they began to panic as we defended their many attacks, the determination fuelled by our second goal meant we got the best result we are likely to get this season. We had a party.

This time they got the first goal which meant as a counter attacking side we had to try and go forward, they became settled and full of confidence and simply put in goal after goal. They are a much better side than us, and once they became secure they showed it. It's one of those results that can happen and will happen against the top three this season.

What is a little perplexing is that we sell two midfielders and now have to try and turn Johnson into a midfielder, and we still have no attacker. But we all know these things would have made little difference today. I don't think we can judge ourselves or our season due to this awful result, but we need to respond well to it as we have Forest, Brentford, Everton and Burnley up next in the League, all winnable matches, and if the shambles that was today helps us get back on track for these matches it may yet serve us.

• I agree with Moyes after the game. He took responsibility for the team he selected but said they should take responsibility for their performance.
    You need to go back a long way for a home defeat of that level.
    Not win at all in 2024, only scored 4 two of which were pens and conceded at least 12.
    Having Paqueta back will make a difference but I’m not sure even he can make a difference of the magnitude needed.