Arsenal (H) 2pm Sunday 11 Feb live on Sky

Just three days until match day and no one has started the thread?

Well, let's throw caution to the wind. its my birthday today, I'm 63, I've got to go over to Dagenham and its raining

Arsenal very much on a high after beating Liverpool but we did beat them at Highbury 42 days ago

Gabriel Jesus missed the Liverpool match with a knee, currently being assessed.

Zinchenko picked up a calf injury and will be out for a while but back up LB Tomiyasu has returned from the Asian Cup

Saka also went off but Arteta didn't think it was too serious

And of course on Sunday I start work at 1:47pm

Comments

• Happy Birthday.
  • Thank you

And its stopped raining!
  • Happy Birthday ASLEF
  • Happy Birthday 🎉🎉🎉
  • Happy Birthday ASLEF.
  • edited February 8
    Happy Birthday ASLEF🎉
    Does anyone think we'll ruin Arsenal's title charge again? Need something to "talk" to my Arsenal mates about.
    I think we'll score, but will probably lose.
    I also hope Rice gets a good welcome, rather than boos.
  • Can't see anything other then a West Ham win
  • Happy Birthday ASLEF. I’m a month older than you!
  • Happy birthday youngster
  • Happy Birthday Aslef , I'm 111 days older than you. We got thumped by Villa 2 days after my 63rd birthday.
    I have invited my Gooner friend to watch it with me and am expecting him to be on the sofa with me behind it.
    They are bound to come at us so could be similar to the away match but we can't do the triple over them, can we?
  • Happy Birthday Aslef, you don't look a day over 62. 😁
  • Happy Birthday Aslef, you don't look a day over 62. 😁

But I bet he did when he was.

Only joking, happy birthday.
  • Arteta says "no update" on Jesus, didn't comment on Zinchenko or Tomiyasu but Saka "looks ok"
  • I hope Moyes plays people in position a bit more. Last match he played a rb as rw a rw as cf, another rw as lw, and the midfield all over the place. Some of the experiments work (Johnson in mf) but they've looked baffled in the last two games.
  • edited February 10
    Areola
    Coufal - Zouma - Aguerd - Emerson
    Phillips/Soucek - Alvarez - Ward-Prowse
    Johnson - Bowen - Kudus

Can be the only real side we go with. He won’t start Cornet. There are no other wide options.

I’d be tempted to just go:

Areola
    Mavropanos - Zouma - Aguerd
    Coufal - Soucek - Alvarez - JWP - Emerson
    Kudus - Bowen

I think without Antonio & Paqueta, & having allowed Benrahma & Fornals to leave, that is all we really have in terms of a natural shape with the players we have. I’m sure Antonio will be on the bench.

We won’t lose this game.
  • WARNING

No Lizzie line between Shenfield and Whitechapel, no Greater Anglia Shenfield to Liverpool Street
    Replacement buses Shenfield to Newbury Park (1hr 20min) and Romford to Stratford (1hr)

No London Overground Camden Road to Stratford, replacement bus (50min)

Jubilee and DLR running normally, Central line reduced service cos one third of our trains are up on bricks
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Moyes hasn't started with three at the back this season so I don't see him trying it at home

I'd rather see Ings as a No.10 than Johnson as RW again
  • Unchanged starting 11:

Areola, Coufal, Johnson, Zouma ©, Aguerd, Emerson, Álvarez, Souček, Ward-Prowse, Kudus, Bowen
    Subs: Fabiański (GK), Mavropanos, Ogbonna, Cresswell, Scarles, Phillips, Cornet, Ings, Mubama
  • Looks like:

Areola
    Coufal - Zouma - Aguerd - Emerson
    Soucek - Alvarez
    Johnson - JWP - Kudus
    Bowen
  • edited February 11
    Groan...Johnson starts again

Areola; Coufal, Zouma, Aguerd, Emerson; Alvarez, Soucek; Johnson, Ward-Prowse, Kudus; Bowen

Subs: Fabianski, Ogbonna, Mavropanos, Cresswell, Scarles, Phillips, Cornet, Ings, Mubama
  • Raya; White, Saliba, Gabriel, Kiwior; Odegaard, Rice; Saka, Trossard, Martinelli; Havertz

Subs: Ramsdale, Cedric, Bandeira, Walters, Elneny, Nelson, Jorginho, Nketiah, Nwaneri

Neither Zinchenko or Tomiyasu available, Polish 23yo Jakub Kiwour at LB, 5th EPL start of the season
  • Want a win ,Would take a point
  • I hope Kudus starts on the right. He was less effective on the left in the first half last week.
  • Ben Johnson needs to play LW, cutting inside, it he’s in a wide role. Kudus can’t be played on the left to accommodate him.
  • Huge ask today imo, very happy with a point tbh.
  • Alan Smith on commentary. He'll be really balanced
  • Lukerz said:

Ben Johnson needs to play LW, cutting inside, it he’s in a wide role. Kudus can’t be played on the left to accommodate him.

Johnson on the left initially.
  • Alan Smith on commentary. He'll be really balanced

I haven't got him on my stream, I think it might be Matt Holland on co-comms.
  • edited February 11
    Bad news, that's Alvarez in the book already, inside 10 minutes.
  • Another awful ball distribution from Areola and now Alvarez in the book.